How to balance Galeforce

GrySun

Honestly E tomes wasn't exactly that bad. My Lunatic run used to involve 13 Magic Elfire Sumia ORKOING for like half the game

And because Awakening is... hilarious to put it lightly, by liek chapter 20's she transitioned into Great Knight and start chucking those Luna Javelins. Because..... lol

The loss of staff usage hurts a lot though. Staff is OP. Rescue Staff is like.... most OP thing in the game bar veteran. Losing that thing hurts muh gameplan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Snowy Galeforce is more of a positional skill than an offensive one.

@JSND Sumia's an exception since compared to other tome wielders her speed stat will permanently be ahead of the curve (base of 13, growth of 70%). She benefits from both attacking twice and that enemies on average have significantly lower resistance than defense.

Maribelle and Lissa don't quite have that luxury. They hit Res, but they won't really have the speed stats to attack twice with it.

Just giving galeforce an activation rate (speed% might work) makes it useful but unreliable and is simple for the player to understand

Edited by weso12

Galeforce is powerful but looking at things I don't think it is a problem unless you grind as without grinding you will never get enough experience to put it on every unit that can learn it. if children are removed this limits it even further as most of the broken assess comes from inheritance.

This would lower the skills distribution significantly which removes the "wipe the whole map in a turn aspect"

also it should proc only once for a pair of units(really they should ditch pair up but we know that isn't happening...) as it is in Awakening you can have two galeforce units paired then switch them after attacking galeforce again and kill another target eliminating 2-3 enemeis and letting a character effectively cross the map.

This is the aspect of galeforce that is completely broken...

Perhaps promoted classes could have one tradable or passable skill and one class exclusive skill. For example, if you re-class a general with Rally Def and Pavise, the new class would be able to use Rally Def but not Pavise. Galeforce could be Dark Flier exclusive.

I kind of like this idea. Or make capacity slots for skills based on power.

Also, I dont think Galeforce is all that OP, I mean sure you get to kill 2 things per unit with galeforce, but that doestn really keep you alive, considering how many units swarm you on enemy turns. Its moves like Sol/Lifetaker/Aegis/Pavise/inserterBreakerhere that keep you going. Galeforce feels more like a way to speed up fights, but it does have its uses now and then with moving twice. That's just my 2 cents tho, I have yet to play Lunatic mode so, so maybe i underestimate its use.

I echo everyone who said Galeforce isn't that broken, in context with availability/etc, and that Veteran is the real problem (that and buyable Rescue).

Actually I'll go further. It's even arguable if Galeforce matters in Lunatic(+) with respect to efficient clears (and only arguable because Veteran is that ridiculous), or at least several other options are comparable if you care about reliability. actually Veteran/Rescue is so ridiculous that Sumia/Cordelia have a hard time reaching Galeforce themselves in Normal/Hard.

Grinding pretty much makes everything uniformly easy, so I personally find it moot if it's trivial to steamroll main/postgame at that point, Galeforce or not.

Edited by XeKr