Titania is the best in the game.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a fact is defined as something that is true, something that actually exists, or something that can be verified according to an established standard of evaluation.

meaning that if you are consistent in your evaluations of characters, you can actually say that it is a fact.

however, just because Titania will be ahead for over half the game if you are consistent in your evaluation doesn't automatically make her the best. She is a pretty good character for the first half of the game, then she slowly dips into an average unit the more you approach the end of the game.

my point is, she is very good in the beginning, but slowly stops being godly. meanwhile, other units who do not begin quite as good as Titania get constantly better the more they approach endgame.

as such, you can't say that one is better or worse. While Titania will be a blessing in the beginning of the game, once you start meeting promoted units she'll slowly start losing ground as your other units become better and surpass her.

a fact is defined as something that is true, something that actually exists, or something that can be verified according to an established standard of evaluation.

meaning that if you are consistent in your evaluations of characters, you can actually say that it is a fact.

however, just because Titania will be ahead for over half the game if you are consistent in your evaluation doesn't automatically make her the best. She is a pretty good character for the first half of the game, then she slowly dips into an average unit the more you approach the end of the game.

my point is, she is very good in the beginning, but slowly stops being godly. meanwhile, other units who do not begin quite as good as Titania get constantly better the more they approach endgame.

as such, you can't say that one is better or worse. While Titania will be a blessing in the beginning of the game, once you start meeting promoted units she'll slowly start losing ground as your other units become better and surpass her.

If Titania is better than everyone else for over half the game, doesn't that obviously mean she's the best charater? :o

Offensively, she remains the best character for well over 20 chapters, with the exception of Boyd, who has the best offense ever. The closest next characters are Oscar and Kieran, the former who matches Titania's offense at level 20/19 with Silver Axe, and the latter losing slightly after promotion due to less AS. Titania is never average; compare her with every other character again.

False. Titania is reliably one-rounding most things for a huge part of the game, and remains that way due to Silver Axes and supports. The only characters ever surpassing Titania are other Top Tiers, which even then is only for so many chapters.

If Titania is better than everyone else for over half the game, doesn't that obviously mean she's the best charater? :o

Offensively, she remains the best character for well over 20 chapters, with the exception of Boyd, who has the best offense ever. The closest next characters are Oscar and Kieran, the former who matches Titania's offense at level 20/19 with Silver Axe, and the latter losing slightly after promotion due to less AS. Titania is never average; compare her with every other character again.

False. Titania is reliably one-rounding most things for a huge part of the game, and remains that way due to Silver Axes and supports. The only characters ever surpassing Titania are other Top Tiers, which even then is only for so many chapters.

nope it doesn't, at least not for me.

i would rather have a superior endgame team without Titania, even if it means struggling a bit in the beginning. and i'm not a big fan of buying silver weapons, they're too expensive to be worth it, methinks.

:mellow:

and with this obvious disregard for debating rules, I'm off!

nope it doesn't, at least not for me.

i would rather have a superior endgame team without Titania, even if it means struggling a bit in the beginning. and i'm not a big fan of buying silver weapons, they're too expensive to be worth it, methinks.

:mellow:

and with this obvious disregard for debating rules, I'm off!

Except that Titania is still one of the best end-game characters, and Silver weapons are ridiculously cheap due to the enormous amount of money you get in Chapter 19.

eh wot? Silvers are too expensive? What else are you going to do with that ridiculously large sum of money you have?

and this...

then she slowly dips into an average unit the more you approach the end of the game.
...is untrue. She stays quite pwn throughout.

eh wot? Silvers are too expensive? What else are you going to do with that ridiculously large sum of money you have?

she's girl. You'd be surprised... [/joking]

No.

Technically, the best character is Ike because he's the only one that's capable of doing many things required throughout the game. Titania can die and it's not game over. Ike can't die without you losing the game.

Best is all relative. If you value her XP sponging, initially overpowered-but-with-mediocre-gains combat abilities above leveling up a more varied team that can help serve you in case a party member you relied on dies, then you'll think she's the best. Considering I have done extremely well on my playthrough without using her beyond the chapters when I have the choice to bring other units, she's obviously not so good she'll be missed.

Technically, the best character is Ike because he's the only one that's capable of doing many things required throughout the game. Titania can die and it's not game over. Ike can't die without you losing the game.

Just to say, when I am talking about the best character, I'm talking about the most useful character throughout the entire game. Indeed, if you look at it that way, Ike is the best character. But it's not always a positive. For example, Ike always has to go straight for the goal if he has to seize a castle or something, which gives him less flexibility than he deserves.

Best is all relative. If you value her XP sponging, initially overpowered-but-with-mediocre-gains combat abilities above leveling up a more varied team that can help serve you in case a party member you relied on dies, then you'll think she's the best. Considering I have done extremely well on my playthrough without using her beyond the chapters when I have the choice to bring other units, she's obviously not so good she'll be missed.

She has very good offensive growths. 45% Strength and 50% Speed is not good? I must've missed something.

As for the varied team thing, there's no need for variation. We're talking about the best team, not the team with the most variation. The Paladins, excluding Geoffrey, are all among the best characters, and you'll want to use them. The two Pegasus Knight are also among the best characters, so you'll also want to use them.

As you see, variation doesn't change a thing. Your team will likely be worse than without it.

Note that I'm not trying to tell you who to use. I'm sort of "talking tiers" right now.

She can be missed, yes. But I'd rather miss Gatrie than Titania, because Titania is so friggin' good. Seriously, why would you bench the best character you have at your disposal?

What does using Titania have to do with using a more varied team?

btw, as far as combat units go, loads of paladins is all the variation you need. They get all the physical weapon types, and they have other benefits as well, like high move, re-move, use of the Knight Ward, and an actually decent occult skill. Some flying units and a d00d-with-massive-attack (i.e. Boyd) can also help.

she's obviously not so good she'll be missed.

of course not. No one is. This game isn't hard enough for that.

Maybe I should redefine this. Titania is easy to use. She makes the game easier. This is what is considered good. That isn't to say that it is impossible to beat the game without her. It's just more difficult.

EDIT: The best team ever would be a team with which you had to use absolutely no strategy or thought whatsoever to win perfectly with.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Maybe I should redefine this. Titania is easy to use. She makes the game easier. This is what is considered good. That isn't to say that it is impossible to beat the game without her. It's just more difficult.

EDIT: The best team ever would be a team with which you had to use absolutely no strategy or thought whatsoever to win perfectly with.

And we all know that team doesn't exist. If Titania could be that one-woman team, she would be the best character. She isn't. There is no "best" character IMO. Titania's the best in your opinion (This is a general question to everyone)? Okay, fine.

No, someone is best. That much is certain.

No, there isn't. The only way a character can be best is if said character is always amazing and can never be anything but amazing. In a game with RNG, this is simply impossible.

...Wow. How many times am I going to have to tell you the same thing?

Guess what: It happens. RNG and personal experiences happen. I don't give a shit if those don't count in debates, they still happen and they're preventing her from being the definite best in the game.

I also don't care about what "count in debates".

Whoever is best is best after everything has been taken into account, random variation included.

You can't include random variation, it's random for the love of God. No one can be the definite best character in the game, because things are random. You can have your opinion on who is the best, that's perfectly fine, but no matter how much evidence you use to back it up, it's still just a damned opinion.

Yeah, you can. It's called probability. Math. 100% accurate.

I'm not trying to assert my opinion on who's best as fact. I'm simply saying that a best character does indeed exist.

Math, like 2+2=4, is fact. Probability is the likelihood that something will happen. Perhaps Titania is likely to be the best character in the game, but that's really all depending on how you look at it anyway.

I like that you aren't calling it fact, but I just don't think there can be a "best."

Fact: My level 14 wizard/level 6 fighter was capable of inflicting 40 damage per hit with his +4 greatsword. Another fact is that he also could do just 8.

I've seen people tell me that Oscar is all sorts of awesome in Path of Radiance, but you know what? If he was so amazing, he wouldn't have a measly 8 strength, speed, and defense at level 16.

You guys can tell me that Titania is "the best" all you want but it rarely plays out that way. I'd rather have Boyd get the experience that Titania is getting because I find he's a better unit in general.

I just plain do not understand how people ignore the fact that there's multiple ways of playing the game successfully. It's absurd. Offer a suggestion, but don't tell people they are wrong if they are clearly not.