[Possible spoilers] Deirdre things

lonelyVoxel

Deirdre is no longer available after you seize the first castle in Ch3. Her stats have a very minor influence on Celice's. The exact formula is kind of complicated but since her strong points are in magical stats and since her stats factor in half as much as Sigurd's to begin with, don't expect training her to change anything important about Celice.

You can find the formula here:

http://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/calculations/

Alright, shouldn't have had Dew give her all that money to repair Silence.... >_< I should have a save state from earlier that will be before that, though. That's a big relief, though. I remember when I tried this game first, and I did surprisingly well I think since I was 10, that I was panicking that something bad was going to happen if I didn't get her to Level 30. Thanks, guys!

I'm pretty sure Julia has static base stats.

Also the best Deirdre is likely to give Celice is an extra point of HP/MAG/RES. Her other growths are so awful and she doesn't promote, so they're likely not to change a whole lot, even by level 30.

Edited by General Horace

To be fair, extra magic is pretty vital early on so that Celice can ORKO those axe knights by Isaac with the Magic Ring and the Light Sword. Extra RES not so much, although it can be helpful just in case of screwage. Also to help you (as in the OP) get a frame of reference here, my Celice started with 1 Magic and 2 Res. His dad, Sigurd, had 0 magic and 6 res. Deirdre had capped magic and res (23 and 25 respectively). So yeah, not a big deal in the long run.

Alright, shouldn't have had Dew give her all that money to repair Silence.... >_< I should have a save state from earlier that will be before that, though. That's a big relief, though. I remember when I tried this game first, and I did surprisingly well I think since I was 10, that I was panicking that something bad was going to happen if I didn't get her to Level 30. Thanks, guys!

if you're barely beginning chapter 2 (i am, because new patch :x) you can do both if you draw voltz back and having deirdre get the elite ring. she'll get levels faster in that chapter / arena and the next, plus the extra money from selling the ring will cover any additional costs to repair the staffs, if you're concerned about passing silence / sleep down fully repaired

Edited by buttmuncher.ops

Note that julia does not inherit any base stats, money, or items, so you want to sell all of drerdre's items. so that other people can buy them to use and inherit. I personal find that her magic and res growths are so high that doing the arenas untill she leaves, plus silencing the 2 recommended enemies gets her enough to give celice the maximum amount in those stats that he can get without getting extremely lucky with sigurd's growths.

As the above comment states, don't worry about Dew's money. You can sell her staff and use it with someone else, and if you give it to say, Aideen, it'll pass down to Lana. Pretty sure if you give it to Levin it'll pass down to Sety if Levin is Sety's father (and Levin himself can use staves once promoted).

I've never given it to Ethlin, but it should pass down to Leaf if you give it to her, and Leaf can heal once promoted (as well as use Sleep and Silence).

Unfortunately I totally forgot to do this so that Silence staff is going to the abyss of nothingness for me (but you can get one again for gen 2).

Edited by Tellius Defender

A child can not inherit items that it can't use right from the start. Unless it's a holy weapon, they always get transferred even if the child can never use it. So no staffs for Leaf.

I'm not sure if Ethlin can even buy the Silence Staff in the first place, since she is stuck with a C-rank for staffs and Silence requires B. I think the only way to get items you can't use into your inventory is to kill an enemy that drops them.

Edited by BrightBow

I wouldn't be surprised if you were allowed to buy items for a unit that it can't use, but then Dew would pretty much be a storage facility with his discount ability. I'll try giving it to Aideen, who I think will be able to buy it without Dew giving her some cash.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were allowed to buy items for a unit that it can't use, but then Dew would pretty much be a storage facility with his discount ability. I'll try giving it to Aideen, who I think will be able to buy it without Dew giving her some cash.

Units can only buy items that they can use. the only way to get other items for inheretece purposes is by collecting them as drops from enemies or picking them up from a village. (this, plus the fact that there are no dropped or village bows in gen 1 and no good bows for the first 2.5 chapters of gen 2, is a large part of the reason that only one aideen pairing results in a unreservedly good lester.)

technically 2 because both midayle and jamke give lester bows.

Exept that jamka only has pursuit as a class skill, so he can't pass it down. I havn't actualy tried this pairing yet though.

Can't Arden pass him a bow down if you promote him?

You can't get the hero bow in gen 1 if aiden is not paired to jamka or mideer, and arden can't equip the silver bow, so the best bow he can pass down is the killer bow. I honestly suspect that fin might be a better father due to pursuit and prayer being vastly better skills then ambush and lana's higher magic.

^basically that, though I actually prefer Jamke for Lester for story reasons. And though I've never done it, I'm quite positive any father with high strength and pursuit, like Fin, is a better father than Ardan for Lester.

Exept that jamka only has pursuit as a class skill, so he can't pass it down. I havn't actualy tried this pairing yet though.

You can't get the hero bow in gen 1 if aiden is not paired to jamka or mideer, and arden can't equip the silver bow, so the best bow he can pass down is the killer bow. I honestly suspect that fin might be a better father due to pursuit and prayer being vastly better skills then ambush and lana's higher magic.

This. If you're going to not get the Hero Bow until Chapter 8 anyway, may as well pair Aideen with someone that gets you Pursuit and isn't hell to train. A Lester with decent bases and good skills will do just fine with his base weapon followed by a Steel Bow the instant you land one.

For the record Finn!Lana has great magic thanks to the Chapter 7 stat boost. Her RES was a bit of a problem, though-- the MCG/RES equivalent of a glass cannon.

This. If you're going to not get the Hero Bow until Chapter 8 anyway, may as well pair Aideen with someone that gets you Pursuit and isn't hell to train. A Lester with decent bases and good skills will do just fine with his base weapon followed by a Steel Bow the instant you land one.

For the record Finn!Lana has great magic thanks to the Chapter 7 stat boost. Her RES was a bit of a problem, though-- the MCG/RES equivalent of a glass cannon.

Honestly, i tried that and found that she is bad in combat no matter what her MAG is unless she can get a weapon more powerfull than wind, and both of the ways to do THAT horribly nerf lester.