psp games worth playing?

Elieson

I know so little about psp gaming other than DBZ, and have some available resources for psp gaming. What would yall suggest ?

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles ®

Digaea 1 & 2 ®

Final Fantasy IV The Complete Edition ®

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions ®

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Megaman Maverick Hunter X ®

Megaman Powered Up ®

Metal Slug Anthology ®

Prinny: Can I really be the hero?

Ratchet and Clank

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth ®

Ys: Oath in Felghana ®

Ys: I & II Chronicles ®

® = Remake/Port

There's also a couple Monster Hunter games which are popular among some folks here.

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles ®

Digaea 1 & 2 ®

Final Fantasy IV The Complete Edition ®

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions ®

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Megaman Maverick Hunter X ®

Megaman Powered Up ®

Metal Slug Anthology ®

Prinny: Can I really be the hero?

Ratchet and Clank

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth ®

Ys: Oath in Felghana ®

Ys: I & II Chronicles ®

® = Remake/Port

There's also a couple Monster Hunter games which are popular among some folks here.

Perfect list right here.

Allow me to add:

Valkyria Chronicles II/III (3 has a fan translation)

God Eater

Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together

Final Fantasy I Anniversary Edition.

Allow me to add to Sirius's list further

Phantasy Star Portable 1 & 2

Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

Final Fantasy Dissidia and its Sequel, Duodecim

Tales of the World

The Star Ocean 1 and 2 remakes.

There are others too that I'm blanking on

Oh dear, behold:

_Valkyria Chronicles II/III (highly recommend)

_Monster Hunter 3rd HD edition (highly recommend)

_Persona 3 Portable (highly recommend)

_MGS: Peace Walker (highly recommend)

_Patapon 1/2/3 (highly recommend)

_Phantasy Star Portable 1/2/Infinite (once it's fully translated)

_God Eater Bust

_Black Rock Shooter

_Toradora

_Tactics Ogre let us cling together (highly recommend)

_Mana Khemia Student Aliance

_Danganronpa (highly recommend)

_Tekken 6

_Final Fantasy Type-0 (highly recommend)

_Super Robot War Z2-1/Z2-2

_Disgaea 2 (highly recommend)

Edited by Magical Amber

I suggest half minute hero. It is made up of 4 different games. All involve a timing element: defeating a boss before 30 seconds expire by leveling and finding weapons and armor, using summoned monsters to clear a level in a pretty basic rts'ish game, shooting your way through a shootemup, and defending a wizard for 30 seconds so he can cast a spell to banish evil. Most of the time you can extend the the limit beyond 30 seconds, but stages tend to be pretty short.

Look into it first to see if it's your cup of tea. The graphics are very retro. Steam has a version with slightly more content, but I dont particularly reccomend it because the art update is kinda weird imo. There is a sequel, but I dont rate it as highly simply because it is significantly less funny. Half minute hero's sense of humor is pretty absurd.

Dissidia Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection are definitely my top recommendations. Dissidia 012 really weakened equipment, summons, battle setups, and practically everything in general, though it does come with more characters plus the original game in a remixed story mode.

Yggdra Union. Take a SRPG, put a nice story behind it, and have your strategy based around cards. BTW, all of you that didn't mention this are banned :P:

If you want some nostalgia, check out the Tag Force games (4 comes to mind). If you want to play a super-grindy strategy game, you can try Spectral Souls. Lastly, go find the entire Legend of Heroes series - there's four games total, with the first three being in the same world. Game the fourth (Trails in the Sky) is available on Steam. You're on your own for the other three. Despite the dialogue's erm, shaky translation (in the first game), it's a pretty solid series.

Yggdra Union. Take a SRPG, put a nice story behind it, and have your strategy based around cards. BTW, all of you that didn't mention this are banned :P:

If you want some nostalgia, check out the Tag Force games (4 comes to mind). If you want to play a super-grindy strategy game, you can try Spectral Souls. Lastly, go find the entire Legend of Heroes series - there's four games total, with the first three being in the same world. Game the fourth (Trails in the Sky) is available on Steam. You're on your own for the other three. Despite the dialogue's erm, shaky translation (in the first game), it's a pretty solid series.

But Yggdra Union and that...angel game in which you met a lot of cute girls and a cat are both on GBA? The last time I check, there's no huge improved for the ports, no?

Edited by Magical Amber

Valkyria Chronicles 3 (Translation patch for you non-weebs) because it is superior to VC2.

You also don't need to understand the fanservice and references to enjoy the story.

...but that also requires a hacked PSP.

So I guess I'll recommend Valkyria Chronicles 2.

...I hate that there's a disconnect between VC1 and VC2 systems. At least non PS3 owners can get it for the PC.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 (Translation patch for you non-weebs) because it is superior to VC2.

You also don't need to understand the fanservice and references to enjoy the story.

...but that also requires a hacked PSP.

So I guess I'll recommend Valkyria Chronicles 2.

...I hate that there's a disconnect between VC1 and VC2 systems. At least non PS3 owners can get it for the PC.

Yeah, both VC1 and VC3 are better than VC2 by a mile. And I am not only talking about gameplay, everything such as graphics, design and soundtracks from VC1 and VC3 are also a lot better than VC2.

Yeah, both VC1 and VC3 are better than VC2 by a mile. And I am not only talking about gameplay, everything such as graphics, design and soundtracks from VC1 and VC3 are also a lot better than VC2.

OST wise the VC games share quite a few tracks. VC3 is way too fucking amazing at everything. VC1 is the most ambitious.

Welkin is still the best VC protagonist though. Kurt was like Radiant Dawn Ike and Avan was... Avan. I like how VC3 developed the VC2 trio more than VC2 did.