Apotheosis secret path ~ no DLC/Rally/3 Vengeance users ~ completed

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I got my card, I used to use a mid-range quality webcam (a $100 Logitech that I got on sale; can't remember the model offhand). While not ideal (mostly that capturing both screens that way left a lot of dead space and I had to leave the 3DS on a flat surface and play it awkwardly that way—on the upside, that meant they also got a bonus input cam, since they could see my fingers), it worked well enough that I was able to do a story run for a friend who had never seen the game before and have him understand it. And yeah, the cost of a card is definitely a bit of an investment. If I wasn't regularly streaming with it, I really wouldn't have been able to justify the cost.

Also late to the party, but grats on completion.

Yeah the US/EU capture card distributor (who is both much cheaper and much higher quality than the JP one) is also not doing installations at the moment so he can work on finishing the XL cards, so even if you wanted to pay up for one they're out of stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sayin' but you might want to give your Staffbots a weapon so Lancefaire does something.

If they're staffbots, then they'd want Shocksticks?

It's too bad that acquiring the Shockstick (which is usually the most questionably useful of the magic weapons) runs entirely on RNG, since it's not buyable. I recall using two for my own runs, but only because I'd already found them by chance during the campaign. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure there was a point where the extra 2.5 range was absolutely necessary, even when jumping pairs forward to kill the Dark Fliers (of course, I was using rallies, so there may be some nuance I took for granted that I'm missing here).

I got the Shocksticks randomly while capping stats in LB3. Don't miss out on the opportunity to visit villages and you should be fine, probably. I had four Shocksticks when all my units were ready for the challenge.

Fair enough.

This means Severa starts to go to work on Anna at the start of EP2. She can survive a single Aether with Helswath (it's really damn close though, she survives with either 5 or 6 hp, depending on how the game rounds), which is all she needs in order to sit on top of the throne and chug and Elixir (the odds of Anna nailing two Aethers in a row when Severa is off the throne is really small). Anna will die to auxiliary damage from Gerome at some point after that.

The game will take your unit's Def stat, cut it in half, then round down. That is the amount of Def reduction the unit receives. Note that it only the reduction only takes into account the base stat plus whatever temp stats appear next to it on the character sheet. This means that terrain bonuses are considered their own thing, and therefore immune to Luna(+)/Aether.

The game will take your unit's Def stat, cut it in half, then round down. That is the amount of Def reduction the unit receives. Note that it only the reduction only takes into account the base stat plus whatever temp stats appear next to it on the character sheet. This means that terrain bonuses are considered their own thing, and therefore immune to Luna(+)/Aether.

I've heard people go back and forth on this a lot, so solid example:

If you have 7 Def and the enemy Luna has 10 Atk, will you take 6 or 7 damage?

I've heard people go back and forth on this a lot, so solid example:

If you have 7 Def and the enemy Luna has 10 Atk, will you take 6 or 7 damage?

You'd take 6 damage, IIRC.

• 3 weeks later...

People have been bringing up GF as a non-combat skill in those "Armsthrift doesn't help win fights" debates for quite a while. It's nice to see it actually getting dropped.

Vascela: I've been using non-GF Noire pretty regularly. Having one extra double Galepair just isn't worth the hit to her mods and skills from Donnel, and there's only one Gaius and Kjelle wants him more. On my 100% DS team I also leave it off Owain (he does inherit it, though) because he'd never be able to get any kills for it anyway.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Finally got around to watching the video (sorry about the delay). I think the distortions from when your camera had trouble picking up all the stuff going on was far more distracting than what shakiness there was. It was still clear enough to get what was going on, though. Was fun watching those Soldiers get thrashed on EP like that.