The Ultimate Fire Emblem Camus Archetype! (starts at post #4100)

llee1000

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Allen and Lance!

Camus 11

Eldigan 9

Ishtar 8

Reinhardt 9

Brunya 10

Galle 10

Uhai 8

Lloyd 12

Linus 10

Selena 8

Shiharam 11

Bryce 10

Hetzel 10

Levail 10

Mustafa 8

Sain/Kent are my favorite and the TRUE ultimate Cain/Abel duo but Allen/Lance and Forde/Kyle are basically tied for second-favorite, so I'm happy.

Camus 12

Eldigan 9

Ishtar 8

Reinhardt 9

Brunya 10

Galle 10

Uhai 6

Lloyd 13

Linus 10

Selena 9

Shiharam 10

Bryce 8

Hetzel 10

Levail 10

Mustafa 6

Camus 13

Eldigan 10

Ishtar 8

Reinhardt 9

Brunya 10

Galle 10

Uhai 6

Lloyd 11

Linus 8

Selena 9

Shiharam 10

Bryce 8

Hetzel 10

Levail 10

Mustafa 6

tbh i don't even hate Llyod and Linus but it would be out of character for me otherwise sooooooooo.

Edited by Sophie

tbh i don't even hate Llyod and Linus but it would be out of character for me otherwise sooooooooo.

lol

If you don't mind me asking, why don't like FE:7?

Edited by llee1000

I hate like 90% of the cast and I dislike most of the maps.

Well could you wait to destroy my hopes and dreams until the characters you like less than Lloyd are gone?

Really? I think 7 did an excellent job with the cast. It was really the first game to really develop all of the characters (you could also say 6 was, but those supports aren't as fleshed out as 7's). 8 did a great job too and I'd love to say 9 did but then 10 comes along and has really crappy character development/writing.

I don't really have an opinion on the maps. Most all FE maps seem pretty much the same to me, except for 4's maps.

Most all FE maps seem pretty much the same to me

Yes, most FE maps are the same in terms of "rush the enemy" or "move to the forest/fort tiles" but it's the enemy design, objectives, side objectives, reinforcements, space and tile placement that make FE maps unique in their own right. There is a lot of thought put into maps to make them unique and challenging in their right, instead of then all being "rush the enemy" or "move to the forest/fort tiles".

Yes, most FE maps are the same in terms of "rush the enemy" or "move to the forest/fort tiles" but it's the enemy design, objectives, side objectives, reinforcements, space and tile placement that make FE maps unique in their own right. There is a lot of thought put into maps to make them unique and challenging in their right, instead of then all being "rush the enemy" or "move to the forest/fort tiles".

...and each design, objective, side objective, reinforcement, space and tile placement are all basically the same to me.

Camus 13
Eldigan 10
Ishtar 10
Reinhardt 7
Brunya 10
Galle 12
Uhai 4
Lloyd 9
Linus 4
Selena 9
Shiharam 10
Bryce 8
Hetzel 10
Levail 12
Mustafa 4

every major FE4 villain should be on here

except for Shagaal

According to the wiki:

"In Ankoku Ryu no Tsurugi, there was a strong Paladin late in the game who was honorable and kind and seemed to hold no ill towards Marth's army, but fought out of loyalty to his country. Since then, there has been an enemy general who holes no ill will towards the player's army, and may even have loved ones or friends in that army, but continues to fight due to loyalty to his or her nation or lord, despite being fully aware that what their nation or lord is doing is wrong and knowing full well that they will perish in battle. Unlike other enemy commanders, they care about the well being of their subordinates, to the point where they even allow any solder who does not want to fight to leave the battlefield."

And there's seriously a whole page of archetypes. For the Camus archetype, these were the characters (with the addition of Uhai and Mustafa because I thought llee wanted them in). This was also how I made the Est list (and other lists). And please, don't go telling me "the wiki is wrong" because half of you guys say it's right, but the other says it's wrong, please just make up your minds.

This is the last archetype worth doing, though. Every other one is either really really short, or a copy/paste of rounds we've already done.

8 did a great job too

I don't really have an opinion on the maps. Most all FE maps seem pretty much the same to me, except for 4's maps.

Really? Because I think just the opposite for both of those, especially the part where FE4's maps aren't all the same.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Well could you wait to destroy my hopes and dreams until the characters you like less than Lloyd are gone?

Really? I think 7 did an excellent job with the cast. It was really the first game to really develop all of the characters (you could also say 6 was, but those supports aren't as fleshed out as 7's). 8 did a great job too and I'd love to say 9 did but then 10 comes along and has really crappy character development/writing.

Well, I am a sadist, so now knowing that I would be destroying your hopes and dreams, no.

I really don't like the development for FE7's characters. It seems... meh... to me. Toss in the fact I hate the characterization for most of the cast, yeah. I'm fine.

I have a soft spot for FE10's cast, so I can forgive and make my own headcanon and forget, or something. I have some bias, alright?

Idk, knowing that Battle Before Dawn exists knocks FE7 down a huge chunk, I refuse to acknowledge that as even a relatively decent made map.

I can't believe I didn't give this thread a good look before. Here goes, hope I got this right from reading previous voting patterns in here. Rules pls?

Camus 14

Eldigan 10

Ishtar 10

Reinhardt 7

Brunya 10

Galle 12

Uhai 4

Lloyd 9

Linus 4

Selena 9

Shiharam 11

Bryce 8

Hetzel 8

Levail 12

Mustafa 2

Really? Because I think just the opposite for both of those, especially the part where FE4's maps aren't all the same.

Yeah. I think Sacred Stones has one of the best casts and best stories in the series.

And yeah. I'm not saying I dislike the maps, 'cause I don't. But they all seem very similar to me.

Well, I am a sadist, so now knowing that I would be destroying your hopes and dreams, no.

So you're really going to vote just to upset me? Wow...just wow.

Yeah. I think Sacred Stones has one of the best casts and best stories in the series.

And yeah. I'm not saying I dislike the maps, 'cause I don't. But they all seem very similar to me.

So you're really going to vote just to upset me? Wow...just wow.

On the other hand, I think Sacred Stones dropped the ball on both in a big way, especially the story and writing. Lyon knocks FE8's characters down a huge notch, as does Eirika (the former in particular is a good example of how NOT to write a tragic villain imho). That's not to say it doesn't have good or memorable characters, but as I see it, it doesn't have very many of them. As for the maps, I was more talking about your saying that FE4's maps aren't all the same than the other stuff.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I have a soft spot for FE10's cast, so I can forgive and make my own headcanon and forget, or something. I have some bias, alright?

That's something I've never heard before.

Wasn't your favorite FE game originally FE4 or something? Did you just change it to Radiant Dawn?

I can't believe I didn't give this thread a good look before. Here goes, hope I got this right from reading previous voting patterns in here. Rules pls?

Welcome to the thread! It's...pretty similar to the other HnH, although this one's older.

On the other hand, I think Sacred Stones dropped the ball on both in a big way, especially the story and writing. Lyon knocks FE8's characters down a huge notch, as does Eirika (the former in particular is a good example of how NOT to write a tragic villain imho). That's not to say it doesn't have good or memorable characters, but as I see it, it doesn't have very many of them. As for the maps, I was more talking about your saying that FE4's maps aren't all the same than the other stuff.

The tragedy of Lyon is actually one of the big reasons I like SS so much. I thought they did very well with it, I thought he was characterized well and his tragedy was truly a tragedy.

The only reason I say the maps in 4 are less similar is because they're so huge, they're different when compared to the rest of the series.