Pick My Team

Path of Radiance is pretty easy, if I remember right. Radiant Dawn Haar would destroy the game.

Yeah anyone can be amazing in this game, though Haar has some speed issues.

Well you have Oscar now, so it already looks like a breeze.

EDIT: Damn, you also have Marcia.

Edited by Radiant head

You don't do anything wrong, if you use all mounted units you can get.

Cavaliers:

• Oscar has the worst growths, but has earth affinity and can support with two earth units (Ike and Tanith)=> +50% evasion
  • Titania is one of the best Jagens in the entire series growthwise. However due to her low bases she won't reach the stats of the cavaliers probably.
  • Astrid gets doubled experience thanks to paragon and her growths are decent too unlike in the sequel.
  • Kieran has slightly better growths than Oscar.
  • Makalov has low bases, but excellent strength, speed and defense growth.
  • Geoffrey has decent bases and paragon too.

Fliers:

• Marcia has excellent strength and defense bases for a level 5 peggie and her growths are great too. If you forge her an iron lance, she will kick ass very early.
  • Same goes for Jill. Her low base speed is her only issue, but her 45% speed growth will compensate it very soon.
  • Tanith is prepromoted, but she's pretty good too. Her base strength is bad, but she has awesome weapon levels, earth affinity and has the reinforce skill.
  • Haar is probably the worst flying beorc in this game because of his low base speed. He will be outclassed by Jill. Though he has great weapon levels and tons of strength and defense.
Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

As in, one play through that was basically Ike's solo adventure because the RNG fucked me over.

So, I'm playing it again!

You basically described PoR in a nutshell (or to be precise most FEs that's not FE11)

I always suggest going into a FE gameplay like you're gonna play a 0% growths

so to quote Epinosa's 0% growths run

Espinosa is MoogleBoss on YouTube.

Basically, Titania did everything until Kieran came along then Kieran/Titania + a little Jill did everything. Stefan handled basically all the boss kills since Stefan's base level offense is just ridiculous. Once Tanith came along, Stefan/Tanith did everything.

P.S. Are you playing Fixed mode?

You basically described PoR in a nutshell (or to be precise most FEs that's not FE11)

I always suggest going into a FE gameplay like you're gonna play a 0% growths

so to quote Epinosa's 0% growths run

P.S. Are you playing Fixed mode?

True, but the RNG was particularly bitchy that week. I'm pretty sure Ike barely managed to defeat the Black Knight. Tibarn handled Ashnard.

A 0% growths run would be interesting, but I think I wanna refresh my memory of the game before I try something like that.

Also, no. That shit confuses the hell outta me.

List of units so far:

1: Ike

2: Sothe

3: Rhys

4: Tormod

5: Nephenee

6: Mia

7: Marcia

8: Volke

9: Reyson

10: Haar

11: Mist

12: Oscar

13: Jannaf

14: Makalov

15:

16:

If I can, I'd like to throw in another pick in. Gonna give you Ike's bae Soren~

Damn, I thought this was going to be challenging. Maybe I'll download the maniac mode patch for a little extra difficulty.

Looks like your team is rounded off then. You've got several high tier picks so it'll be a good run.

You don't do anything wrong, if you use all mounted units you can get.

Cavaliers:

• Oscar has the worst growths, but has earth affinity and can support with two earth units (Ike and Tanith)=> +50% evasion
  • Titania is the best prepromoted unit in the entire series growthwise. However due to her low bases she won't reach the stats of the cavaliers probably.
  • Astrid gets doubled experience thanks to paragon and her growths are decent too unlike in the sequel.
  • Kieran has slightly better growths than Oscar.
  • Makalov has low bases, but excellent strength, speed and defense growth.
  • Geoffrey has decent bases and paragon too.

Fliers:

• Marcia has excellent strength and defense bases for a level 5 peggie and her growths are great too. If you forge her an iron lance, she will kick ass very early.
  • Same goes for Jill. Her low base speed is her only issue, but her 45% speed growth will compensate it very soon.
  • Tanith is prepromoted, but she's pretty good too. Her base strength is bad, but she has awesome weapon levels, earth affinity and has the reinforce skill.
  • Haar is probably the worst flying beorc in this game because of his low base speed. He will be outclassed by Jill. Though he has great weapon levels and tons of strength and defense.
Just a few things. I can think of quite a few prepromotes with better growths than Titania. Unless you mean for a Jeigan, but even then Frederick beats her and Seth has arguably better growths relative to his game.

Growths also mean close to nothing in PoR because BEXP exists to massively skew averages. Character worth boils down to how long they are around to take advantage of BEXP and how far they move, lol.

Also, base Tanith with a Steel Forge can ORKO a lot of the enemy types, surprisingly enough.

Sorry, but Nin just ended it with Elincina. So no Devdan today.

But damn, I basically have to download Maniac mode English patch. Oscar for early game, Nephenee and Marcia for mid, and Haar and Elincina for late. Everyone else is just a bonus.

Thanks for not being assholes with your picks! I was worried I was going to end up with Brom, Rolf, and Ena. But my only bad unit is Sothe, and he can still do thief things. So thanks.

>Nephenee

wow. the wank is real.

mind throwing up screens of the various people as kind of an update? since we did pick the team and all it'd be nice to see how they're doing

No screens. For whatever reason, whenever I TRY to take screens, Dolphin crashes. It's not to bad, since I'm not making an lp, but it's a little annoying. I can give you some text, tho.