Restart the entire game?!

*Haku

Restart?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do i really have to restart to get galeforce on the male units?

• Yeah sorry pal...
    • Trust me it's not THAT worth it

Okay so before I got Fire Emblem Awakening I made sure to do a little bit of research (like pairings and stuff and to not bench Donnel xD)

Also i spoiled myself with all the support conversations and cute marriage and shipping

That and I had prior knowledge having played FE 8, 9 and 10.

But I seem to have missed a slight issue that seems slight but (since I want to have the best stuff in the game) I HAD NO IDEA MORGAN INIGO AND OWAIN (I accidentally put vaike i meant to say owain) CAN INHERIT GALEFORCE D:

Does that mean I have to play a completely new game file? I already clocked 60+ hours in my first save file... all that DLC completion and everything...

And okay some pairings could be fixed but still I maxed out my Avatar, Chrom, Morgan (all children units except gerome and kjelle) and I got limit breaker and all that stuff and everything!!! And I had no idea...

I know it's just those three characters but like I'm kind of like one of those... perfectionists?

Granted I can always use the DLC maps to grind (EXPonential Growth and the Money farming map) but even so... kinda sucks :/ I have to restart a new game? D:

Or should I buy a 3ds powersaves? or that doesnt help at all

Edited by Jinli

Okay so before I got Fire Emblem Awakening I made sure to do a little bit of research (like pairings and stuff and to not bench Donnel xD)

Also i spoiled myself with all the support conversations and cute marriage and shipping

That and I had prior knowledge having played FE 8, 9 and 10.

But I seem to have missed a slight issue that seems slight but (since I want to have the best stuff in the game) I HAD NO IDEA MORGAN INIGO AND VAIKE CAN INHERIT GALEFORCE D:

Does that mean I have to play a completely new game file? I already clocked 60+ hours in my first save file... all that DLC completion and everything...

And okay some pairings could be fixed but still I maxed out my Avatar, Chrom, Morgan (all children units except gerome and kjelle) and I got limit breaker and all that stuff and everything!!! And I had no idea...

I know it's just those three characters but like I'm kind of like one of those... perfectionists?

Granted I can always use the DLC maps to grind (EXPonential Growth and the Money farming map) but even so... kinda sucks :/ I have to restart a new game? D:

You have more then 1 save slot

Vaike cannot inherit Galeforce, since he's a 1st generation unit.

IF VAIKE WANT GALEFORCE VAIKE GET GALEFORCE

Edited by TTPK_Tal

You have more then 1 save slot

IF VAIKE WANT GALEFORCE VAIKE GET GALEFORCE

I know theres more than one save slot but still... i dont feel like spending another 50+ hours DX ugh... guess il have to.

It's not /that/ worth it. Do you have a female avatar? If so, you missed your chance to give Galeforce to Morgan. If you have a male avatar, you can just reclass Morgan to Dark Flier and let her get it herself.

Owain is good but he doesn't need Galeforce. If you already choked down 60+ hours, it's not worth restarting for.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, March 26, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, March 26, 2015 - No reason given

tl;dr: I don't understand galeforce hype.

Me too.

It depends on what you want to do with your saved game.

you don't need galeforce to curbstomp this game.

This, for example, holds true for the entirety of the main game, Spotpass chapters, and most (if not all) of the DLC. Unless you're going for an extremely gimmicky run of the more difficult DLC, your save file is fine, as-is.

While Galeforce is an amazing skill, its not THAT worth it.

While if you want it on them at this point (unless you have earlier saves from before you recruit them) you'd have to restart, I would largely consider it too much of a waste of time to do so.

Don't bother restarting.

Yes, you really have to restart to get GF on those units (don't use Powersaves). No, it's not worth it if you feel that strongly about putting in another 60 hours. I'd do it anyway.

60 hours is honestly nothing in a game with as much replay value as Awakening, though (there are plenty of us here with over 500 hours). It's definitely good for more playthroughs and I'd recommend doing another even if you were really satisfied with your pairings. If you do reset, at least make sure to research everything more (here), because if you forgot passdowns then there's probably a good deal of other stuff you're overlooking (I see you used Donnel)...

Galeforce is for arrogant elitists. You don't need it. Take armshift.

Why so salty?

I'd advise taking a good, hard look at your current Galeforce units, though. Ask yourself just how much use it sees and how big the resulting benefits are. Even if you do see significant benefit, do you really need more Galeforce units than your current roster holds? Also consider that there are many units in the game who can get Galeforce, bordering on having too many to reasonably deploy on some of the smaller maps.

In the end, if you really, really want it, then I doubt any amount of persuasion from anyone here be sufficient (since you've stated yourself to be a perfectionist) and it's probably best to cut your losses and restart ASAP.

Otherwise, if you can live without, I'd say carry on as you are.

Oh, and if it makes any difference, there aren't any maps in the game, even in DLC, that require having Galeforce, nevermind a Galeforce army.

Right now, the units I have that use Galeforce are the DLC Seliph and Est. Even so, when it activates, I always make them move last so other units can get a chance at Exp. Either that or I don't move them at all. It's not much of a skill to fuss over, esspecially if you've already spent a great deal of time playing the game. Just reclass someone into a Dark Flyer to get Galeforce (forgot which level that happens) then switch them back to whatever class they were before when they get it. Of course, I think only girls can be Dark Flyers... If that's the case, then how did Seliph end up getting it?!

Depending the conditions, you could omit galeforce. It's probably the most overrated skill in the game. It's also one of the best--but there are plenty of slot worthy skills you can use instead.

Galeforce is for arrogant elitists. You don't need it. Take armshift.

tumblr_inline_nblnsmQuoc1qgrkbh.gif

Really?

Galeforce is for those who like maximum efficiency, minmaxing, and tackling harder modes. I fail to see how arrogant elitism qualifies. Especially since getting the best GF units to GF usually requires a lot of grinding.

OP, unless you are shooting for like, Apotheosis or some shit, i wouldnt worry about it. You also didnt state what mode you are playing. If yer on Normal or Hard, srsly, dont worry about it.

Galefarce is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too overrated among "casual" players (aka, those who don't play for turns)...

*eyes roll so far back of my head, i see behind me*

You know...maybe you guys just need to stop caring about what "casual" players are doing. Or what those goons at gamefaqs say. Galeforce is a good skill and is one of the best in the game. People are going to exploit it. Also, 98% of the people playing this game give 0 fucks about turns.

technically this entire game is casual emblem: waifu edition, so i don't know why there's a casual and elite debate going on.

One side was trash talking and the other got offended. It really shouldn't be an issue though.