Pokemon Symphonic Evolution

kingddd

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-symphony/

Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions is becoming the must-see video game concert of the year, giving Pokémon fans of all ages the chance to experience live, beautiful music of the Pokémon franchise. All-new orchestral arrangements and carefully timed visuals draw from recent and classic Pokémon video games. A European tour is scheduled for spring 2016, with additional venue and location details coming soon.

Tickets for all Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions performances go on sale on Saturday, March 28, 2015. But, loyal Pokémon fans have the opportunity to purchase tickets one day before the general public! Just use the presale codeMELOETTA to purchase tickets on Friday, March 27, 2015.

Here's a sample of what to expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptxmBYoumcY

This was posted a while back but the Pokemon Orchestral concert is finally coming to most of North America. The link above has all of the available locations they are going to if you are interested. Europe will get theirs soon.

Edited by kingddd

It's coming to Pittsburgh, PA, my home town/city, but in JANUARY. When it's cold as fuck. Ugh. :(

And it isn't coming anywhere near NC. Closest is Vienna, VA, which is still like six hours away. -_-

The one in Baltimore is literally the day before my last week of school.

What is life.

FUCK, it's two weeks before I can even get home! Meyerhoff Symphony Hall is awesome too!

FUCK, it's two weeks before I can even get home! Meyerhoff Symphony Hall is awesome too!

I can agree with Meyerhoff Symphony Hall being awesome, especially since I actually performed there several times as a high school student.

• 3 weeks later...

I'M GOING. :D

I was totally wrong before, the concert's coming to Raleigh, NC on the 29th of May at 7:30 PM and that's a Friday and a time where nobody has to be at work or school! I wanted a balcony seat and there weren't many left, so I had to buy now. The tickets had been on sale since the 20th. I wish I'd known sooner, but at least I got a ticket.

Now to somehow get it printed. I printed it, but the images are faded. My printer must be low on ink. Of all the times this could happen... -_-

But I have time to solve this problem. I'm going to go order a Fennekin hat I saw on PokemonCenter.com to wear. :D

EDIT: PokemonCenter.com seems to have sold out of that hat, so I found myself a Flareon hat on Amazon that's also done by the Pokemon Center. :3

Edited by Anacybele

• 1 month later...

I hate to bump this, but it's still on the first page, so... I just got back not long ago and it was awesome! The surprise at the end was especially cool!

The ORIGINAL POKEMON ANIME THEME! So nostalgic for me because we got to sing along and I started Pokemon with the tv show since I couldn't get a game back then. x3

Oh man. I'd forgotten that there was supposed to be one in Baltimore as well. Stupid protests and violence. The innocent Pokemon fans there deserve to see this concert too!

Violence is the problem, namely police brutality. The protests tried to make that clear even though the mass media had been doing an excellent job misrepresenting the protesters as violent overall when it's mainly an incredibly vocal and violent minority of them -- most of the protesters were actually peaceful and nonviolent.

But enough about that -- it stinks that the concert had to get pushed back by almost 2 months because of the event (most likely because of the curfew).

• 1 month later...

Finished watching the Pokemon Symphonic Evolution. Oh my god it's soooo much better than the Zelda Symphony and the audience wasn't a loud or shouting every second for once and I could actually listen to the music..

Main Theme Overture for all versions - YES YES YES...except for the moments when people shouted their favourite versions because the screen showed all the title screens

Gen 1 - The best medley of them all. Pallet Town, Team Rocket, Main Battle themes, Gym Leader Theme and of course the Champion battle and a great end with the hall of fame music.

Gen 2 - Ecruteak City was alright, burned tower and the dragon's den was meh could not care about it too much. However "..." the final battle theme made up for the entire GEN2 medley. Overall just an ok medley. Could of have a better selection.

Gen 3 - Meteor Falls, Regi Trio, Route 113, Victory Road, Ending/Credits. I was honestly severely disappointed by this one. They focused more on the background lore of the Hoenn making most of the songs really unmemorable. Victory road makes up for it but the selection was not a good one. Almost no one really cared about that one in the theatre when I left and they were disappointed by this considering Hoenn's soundtrack is great. WHERE'S TEAM MAGMA AND AQUAS THEME!!!??? THAT WAS THE BEST THEME!!!

Gen 4 - Honestly meh. The intro song was meh, the lake guardians don't really care about them. It was focused more on the route themes BUT Route 209. That is freaking all!!!!!! Best route theme made it in!

Gen 5 - Pokemon Center theme and the rest was more focused on N then anything else really. The compositions were good so that made up for it. Pretty decent medley overall. No city themes unfortunately.

Gen 6 - NOW THIS IS A MEDLEY! The 2nd best part of the symphony. A Terrible Past was great for setting up the past lore in X and Y and then goes with a boom to "Welcome to Kalos!" great start. Sycamore's theme and the friends theme were wonderfully composed. Kalos Gym Leader I am going to be very honest, I hated the original theme for this song in the original game however, the symphonic remix of this is 100000000000000 times better. It exceeded my expectations. If there is one song that has been made better it is this one. Of course the ending transition to the Pokemon Symphonic Evolution Overture was great!

Bonus:

Encore Song - Pokemon Cartoon main theme. The audience had to sing this. No exceptions. I only remember the 1st and 2nd verse. The 3rd verse I don't remember. The cartoon compilation was great though.

Kiseki - Pokemon X and Y ending. The producer announced with in memory of Satoru Iwata RIP. It was too bad they couldn't get a main singer for this one as literally no one knew the lyrics.

Overall, the Pokemon Symphonic Evolution was amazing. Better than the Zelda Symphony imo. Gen2, 3 and 4 could have had a better selection. I was disappointed there was no main gym theme (not the leader battle theme), bike themes or any of the other Team Badguy themes.

They had no merchandise for sale for the Vancouver one. Like what the heck, Pokemon is a merchandise giant from Nintendo and they couldn't even provide it for Vancouver Canada? A lot of the US major cities had merchandise for sale but none for us? I wanted the Pikachu Conductor T-Shirt!!!

But I enjoyed the 2 hours that I got from this symphony and would definitely go back again next year if they are going to be doing it again.

• 2 months later...

Well, it'll be here in Sydney at the Opera House next month. For that, I'm actually going to dress up as Ash in his XY outfit with a Greninja, a M-Charizard-X, and a Pikachu plush!

• 1 month later...

I, likewise shall bump this as this was still in the first page. I've written my review of the Symphonic Evolutions concert in Sydney. Here is the link to my review in my Bulbagarden blog.

Edited by henrymidfields