Something I REALLY like from the HP6 film

Junkhead

Guys, ever noticed that dark and slightly burry color blur the movie has? In my opinion, that was something great. It really seems to set the mood, as things start going even more downhill in the story (Snape & the Deatheaters take over Hogwarts). I also like how the film focuses less on action & adventure and more about their life in Hogwarts and stuff. =)

You know, one thing i loved from that movie was Slughorn's little story about Lily and the fish, Francis. That was just a lovely touch and no, it wasnt in the book. (also Harry being on Felix Felicis. That shit was hilarious)

You know, one thing i loved from that movie was Slughorn's little story about Lily and the fish, Francis. That was just a lovely touch and no, it wasnt in the book. (also Harry being on Felix Felicis. That shit was hilarious)

tumblr_lwhhz5r6wc1qhd14co7_r1_250.gif

Humor definitely made the deus ex machina bearable.

Edited by Makaze

I don't really think that getting the memory from Slughorn was Deux Ex Machina unless you're referring to the entire concept of Felix Felicis where things just fall into place.

I agree that the story about Lily and the fish was really sweet and sad, but it was pretty much the only redeeming thing about the HP6 movie. Otherwise it just loses out to HP5 for worst HP movie. That being said I'm not sure if the OP is even being serious or not because equating bad camera work to moodsetting is pretty wtf.

If you are being serious, then you should know that the reason HP6 focus more on their lives rather than action is because that's how the book is. And then the movie-makers thought that wasn't enough action and added the random scene where the Death Eaters attack the Burrow that never happened in the book.