Forum pro tip: Click on "View all birthdays" to view all today's birthdays.

Raven

You've probably missed a number of friends' and other active/friendly members' birthdays because the "Today's birthdays" list on the right of the forum front page displays only 5 members, in order of account number.

Take today, how many have realised that there are actually 17 member birthdays today,, and not 5? And our beloved Smasher Febro has a total of two birthday wishes on his profile, probably because people are failing to view all birthdays. This, or people are simply using Skype to message instead.

I am also guilty of sometimes forgetting to view all birthdays, so if I missed your birthday and you have somehow been thinking "that asshole Raven didn't wish me a happy birthday" well happy freakin' belated birthday to you.

Yeah I know that mine doesn't show up the front page on my birthday I'M IMPORTANT I deserve to have myself plastered and known everywhere, dammit ;_;

I thought birthday wishes were usually done between people who at least know each other somewhat, buuut props to anyone who has the dedication and consideration to try for everyone though because like I can only think of like one guy who maybe sends them to everyone regardless of relations at the moment and I wasn't aware of there being others-- and yeah people using Skype instead is also probable!!

Too bad they can't be sorted by recent activity or something... it seems pointless featuring a birthday from a member that hasn't logged on in like 5 years.

Too bad they can't be sorted by recent activity or something... it seems pointless featuring a birthday from a member that hasn't logged on in like 5 years.

I was wondering about that, but I wonder how it would work

If by activity it were log in/activity times, could the list be constantly shifting when there's more than one active member with that birthday, or would it only include the most recent activity at the start of the day, if it were possible to do that? And would it be able to detect anonymous users' activity and if it could, would anonymous users want it to?

If the activity were by who most recently posted instead? Then again would that list keep shifting or just count the beginning of the day (again, if that were possible)? I wonder how timezones would get in the way of this as well, with such a dynamic way of keeping track...

If the activity were by postcount, well again that's constantly changing (but that has low chances of changing the order frequently) but that also doesn't stop long-gone members from being in the top of the list if they posted a whooooooooole lot

Meanwhile when doing it by member id, it's static and works.

I'm probably making this out to be way more complicated than it actually is, but that's mostly because I don't know how these things will work so I'm trying to consider all the possibilities that occur to me ^o^ I just DUNNO MAN

(personally the way I'd like it is to be the way it used to be, a list of names at the bottom of the page with the active members list, when it had no limit in length)

Idk how much control the staff has over the ip.board's formats though?

(personally the way I'd like it is to be the way it used to be, a list of names at the bottom of the page with the active members list, when it had no limit in length)

If it's too troublesome making the way it is now more relevant, I think this work work out nice.