Nintendo Direct Announced For April 1st (Not a Joke)

DragonLord

Traditionally once a game has been announced worldwide Nintendo doesn't segregate the media in their Directs. If there is a trailer for FEif, it should be featured worldwide.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veteran is the main thing that made Robin really OP, that super exp even on Lunatic...

Ah yeah, that too. Even if it DOES only work in pair-up, I think. If Kamui is the Avatar though, it doesn't look like he/she is starting out in the Tactician class, so he/she probably won't have Veteran.

I want confirmation that those disgusting waifu features go and stay go.

If marriage and Avatars are back, I just hope that the Avatar is more like he/she is in New Mystery of the Emblem, where you choose his/her starting class and reclass options. And I'd like to choose a support set, not automatically be able to support anyone. The Avatar is like totally broken in Awakening, so I think only being able to choose a few reclass options instead of having every class as an option by default would nerf him/her some.

They were pretty broken in FE12 too.

Anyway, if the monstrosity HAS to return, it should be nerfed to hell and back and no more waifus. People calling FE a dating sim is terrible. Set those lunatics straight, IS!

Avatar should have three predetermined class pools, magic (Mage/(Priest/Troubadour)/Dark Mage), Speed (females only) (Pegasus Knight/Myrmidon/Theif), Strength (Males only) (Barbarian, Dracoknight, Fighter), and balance (Cavalier, Mercenary, Knight). The class pool you choos selects its support options as well.

It's not IS's fault some people are stupid and call Awakening a dating sim. It's not a dating sim at all, it just happens to have an Avatar character and a marriage system. That being said though, I wouldn't miss either of those if they got removed. I just wouldn't mind if they returned either. I'm neutral on them.

I still doubt Chris is as OP as Robin though.

Also, I disagree with those pools. They're stupid because you're basically saying males can't be fast and females can't be strong. And seeing as I gave my FEMALE Avatar a strength asset, I'd like a strength-based female again, thanks (although I definitely don't need her to be muscular or anything).

Edited by Anacybele

It's not IS's fault some people are stupid and call Awakening a dating sim. It's not a dating sim at all, it just happens to have an Avatar character and a marriage system. That being said though, I wouldn't miss either of those if they got removed. I just wouldn't mind if they returned either. I'm neutral on them.

I still doubt Chris is as OP as Robin though.

Also, I disagree with those pools. They're stupid because you're basically saying males can't be fast and females can't be strong. And seeing as I gave my FEMALE Avatar a strength asset, I'd like a strength-based female again, thanks (although I definitely don't need her to be muscular or anything).

The main reason I allotted the pools that way is the tendency of Male only classes to be Str based and Female only ones to be spd based.

If genderlock's gone though, any avatar could use any pool.

MEWTWO

i'm also hoping for fire emblem if, SMT X FE (lol), and metroid stuff. a pokemon stadium game for the wii u would also be really nice or pokken tournament, but those are really reaching.

Edited by Comet

I just hope the Avatar character has a better personality, and the story doesn't revolve COMPLETELY around him/her. The marriage system should be less of a focus in my opinion as well.

The main reason I allotted the pools that way is the tendency of Male only classes to be Str based and Female only ones to be spd based.

If genderlock's gone though, any avatar could use any pool.

Thing is, plenty of male myrmidons and other fast male characters exist, you know (heck, one of them is even a lord. His name is Ike (PoR version)). And female wyvern riders and other strong females exist too (Jill, Titania, Miledy, Vaida, Echidna, Minerva, Cherche, etc.).

And since Awakening gave me the option to have a strength-based female Avatar, I'd like to not see that option taken away if Avatars come back.

I just hope the Avatar character has a better personality, and the story doesn't revolve COMPLETELY around him/her. The marriage system should be less of a focus in my opinion as well.

Yeah, the main reason I find Robin to be an interesting character is his/her backstory. There was little personality going on there, sadly.

Edited by Anacybele

the less like Chris the avatar is, the better. Chris is awful.

Edit: As for the direct, FEIF will likely be there. I'm hopeful for SMTxFE, and possibly some more stuff for the FE 25th anniversary....hopefully that concert doesn't stay Japan only!

Edited by #RR. shinpichu

Thing is, plenty of male myrmidons and other fast male characters exist, you know (heck, one of them is even a lord. His name is Ike (PoR version)). And female wyvern riders and other strong females exist too (Jill, Titania, Miledy, Vaida, Echidna, Minerva, Cherche, etc.).

And since Awakening gave me the option to have a strength-based female Avatar, I'd like to not see that option taken away if Avatars come back.

Yeah, the main reason I find Robin to be an interesting character is his/her backstory. There was little personality going on there, sadly.

I know.

But it's due to the Pg. Knight and Fighter/Brigand lines I chose that setup in terms of gender exclusiveness.

Anyway, if the monstrosity HAS to return, it should be nerfed to hell and back and no more waifus.

Waifus have been in FE much longer than an avatar character. Besides, an avatar character has already been more or less confirmed for the game.

Inb4 no FE:IF info in the direct, making all this discussion over it look pointless.

Well then, how about one strength set for males and a different strength set for females? And a speed set for females and a different speed set for males?

EDIT: Yeah, this WILL all be pointless if there's no info... >.>

Edited by Anacybele

Thanks for insulting most of the fanbase there, Ana.

The entire reason it is called a dating sim is because of the Avatar and the marriage system.

In a typical dating sim, the player controls a male avatar surrounded by female characters. The gameplay involves conversing with a selection of girls, attempting to increase their internal "love meter" through correct choices of dialogue. The game lasts for a fixed period of game time, such as one month or three years. When the game ends, the player either loses the game if he failed to properly win over any of the girls, or "finishes" one of the girls, often by having sex with her, marrying her, and/or achieving eternal love. This gives the games more replay value, since the player can focus on a different girl each time, trying to get a different ending.

These elements are prevalent in Awakening through its support system, with the obvious goal being marriage and future baby-making. Think about it, in every paired Avatar ending, it says "Many wrote of Robin's legendary exploits, but accounts of his/her origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on one thing alone—he/she loved his wife/her husband, X, above all else."

No one is stupid for calling it a dating sim because hat's exactly what Awakening is.

Edited by Kon

No, it's NOT a dating sim. This is coming from someone that doesn't think it's that great of a game too. It has a lot more to it than just an Avatar and a marriage system. If this was ALL it was, then I would agree that it's a dating sim. But the game also has a war story (even if it's a poorly written one), turn-based battling gameplay, etc.

By your logic, Zelda: Skyward Sword is a dating sim because you can set up Link with Peatrice as well as set up Pipit with Karane. But obviously, no one is saying this.

Uh, compared to how Genealogy of the Holy War pulls it, Awakening is far more "date-sim" like. The Avatar is only one part of the equation.

Genealogy was a lot more down low about it, barring a few conversations like Dew and Raquesis's.

Come Gen 2, the lovers aspect is practically non-existent unless you go out of your way for it to some extent.

Oh, I can't argue that Awakening doesn't have dating sim elements. It most certainly does. I just wouldn't flat out call it one. Just like people say Zelda sometimes has RPG elements, but isn't an actual RPG. It's action/adventure/puzzle. Awakening is a turn-based strategy RPG at its core, but with dating sim elements.

EDIT: Okay, I'm a horse lover...but that gif somehow made me crack up. You're right, we shouldn't beat a dead horse here. :P

EDIT2: Also, the April Fool's shenanigans begin. This is just serious wtf-ness though. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Waifus have been in FE much longer than an avatar character. Besides, an avatar character has already been more or less confirmed for the game.

Inb4 no FE:IF info in the direct, making all this discussion over it look pointless.

I don't want it implemented in the gameplay, since that just makes the waifuing so much worse.

Oh, I can't argue that Awakening doesn't have dating sim elements. It most certainly does. I just wouldn't flat out call it one. Just like people say Zelda sometimes has RPG elements, but isn't an actual RPG. It's action/adventure/puzzle. Awakening is a turn-based strategy RPG at its core, but with dating sim elements.

EDIT: Okay, I'm a horse lover...but that gif somehow made me crack up. You're right, we shouldn't beat a dead horse here. :P

FE13's Dating Sim elements led some to believe that all entries had them and it was a major part of the series.

That is what I don't like. At all.

No, it's NOT a dating sim. This is coming from someone that doesn't think it's that great of a game too. It has a lot more to it than just an Avatar and a marriage system. If this was ALL it was, then I would agree that it's a dating sim. But the game also has a war story (even if it's a poorly written one), turn-based battling gameplay, etc.

By your logic, Zelda: Skyward Sword is a dating sim because you can set up Link with Peatrice as well as set up Pipit with Karane. But obviously, no one is saying this.

Dating sims can be any kind of game. Sakura Wars is a tactical RPG that is also a dating sim, for example.

By my logic, Skyward Sword is not a dating sim, since romancing is not one of the core elements of the game.

Really I wouldn't even care about this if you didn't literally insult people for calling Awakening a dating sim.

EDIT2: Also, the April Fool's shenanigans begin. This is just serious wtf-ness though. xP

There's not enough hyper-realistic-blood.

I just want FE:If to have good map design, not be more broken than the mine glitch, and a good story (I'm sorry but like 9 chapters is not enough build up to make me care about a dumb mary sue).

Really I wouldn't even care about this if you didn't literally insult people for calling Awakening a dating sim.

Well, I didn't know a lot of the fanbase called it a dating sim and I didn't know anyone here would take offense to my comment. Sorry. Geez.

I don't like calling the new FE "FE If" either. It still feels silly to me. xP But also don't like calling the FE games by numbers because they don't actually have numbers in their titles.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I didn't know a lot of the fanbase called it a dating sim and I didn't know anyone here would take offense to my comment. Sorry. Geez.

I don't like calling the new FE "FE If" either. It still feels silly to me. xP But also don't like calling the FE games by numbers because they don't actually have numbers in their titles.

Try looking it up before calling people stupid, you might just learn something.Most reviews of Awakening even refer to it as a dating sim

I like it more than FE14

IF is a very Shin Megami Tensei like title, my personal theory is that just working with Atlus on the may be vaporware FExSMT could have inspired the name.

I didn't think I needed to look anything up. Again, SORRY. Can we please drop it now?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'd like to see something Zelda related in this Direct. Unlikely to be anything on Zelda Wii U except maybe a few small details (just no trailers or nothing, that would be saved for E3, which it sadly won't be showing up in), but I'm really itching for something Zelda (traditional Zelda, I mean, since I know we did fairly recently get Hyrule Warriors). And I don't like MM, so MM 3D is out of the question here. Maybe a new 3DS game? A rerelease of Four Swords Adventures for download on the Wii U would be awesome too, as the Gamepad would work perfectly for it since it has its own screen. I know the Wii U can't support four Gamepads at once, but then we also have 3DS systems for players 3 and 4 to use.

Edited by Anacybele