Nintendo Direct Announced For April 1st (Not a Joke)

DragonLord

F-Zero becomes only difficult if you go into expert or master difficulty. The easy and normal modes really help you get used to the F-Zero controls and playstyle before you actually get into the higher difficulty of the game. Not to mention you're given lives to actually retry the courses in the lower difficulties. Once you start getting used to the risk and reward style of gameplay of F-Zero it is not that difficult to adapt to it.

In F-Zero X you get lives in all the difficulties. You just get less the higher you go.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maximum Velocity. I believe that was the ambassador one.

The SNES and Maximum Velocity while are good definitely are not the ones that most fans praise. The playstyle in those are much much different than the full 3D ones. Most F-Zero fans consider the F-Zero X and the GX games as the best in the series. Try those ones if you can. I definitely didn't get into F-Zero all that much until I played those ones in the series. The ones after, F-Zero GP Legend and F-Zero Climax was more or less the hybrid of F-Zero X and the SNES F-Zero combined into one. So those ones are much better games than Maximum Velocity.

Personally while Maximum Velocity and the SNES F-Zero are good games, they generally do not give a good impression of the F-Zero series as a whole and thus people get turned off by those. They are very barebones compared to the later ones in the series. You want to start at F-Zero X and F-Zero GX as those games are the ones that most people get into the most and they are much more fun. This is like comparing Kirby and the Amazing Mirror to Kirby Superstars. While same brand in the series, the gameplay style is much more different.

Edited by kingddd

ALBW was actually awesome, though, unlike SS.

I'm willing to bet Zelda is pretty much done on 3DS. Two remakes and one new game is probably enough for a single system, specially a system that's still in need of a Metroid.

LoZ:LBW was a fantastic game. One of the few great Sequel's, I'd say. It took an existing game, put a fresh coat of paint and polish on it, and with the addition of one single mechanic, completely redefined how the game could be played, so the game was adjusted for the mechanic.

The WiiU lacking a Metroid game of it's own is why I originally contemplated Nintendo announcing a Metroid game for it. It's probably not happening yet, but I anticipate it eventually.

Off topic, but I hate looking up Nintedo Direct. When I do, I miss the timing and Google and YouTube spoils the surprise.

I was glad I wasn't spoiled by the 50 fact smash bros 4 wii u direct when I missed it by 3 hours from the last time I watched it.

Hype for the Direct, didnt read the 6 pages cuz yes.

Anyways, want some Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, and hopes for some Bayonetta too :awesome:

Also, the youtube direct has less lag in my experience in comparison to Ninty's link 8<

I bet they're gonna say "Wave 4 Smash Bros Amiibo are

1. + Marth!" like it's some big news update, and let us all down with a "Coming in Spring!"

But we already got that in the January Direct. Why repeat what we already know?

L95: Then why did you ask for a link to the video?

Edited by Anacybele

Er, no, the Direct isn't until 3PM Pacific time/6PM Eastern time. It hasn't even officially started. xP

Anyway, amiibo appearances confirmed! :D Robin preorder and a Daisy amiibo with MP10 update to include her plz?

The YouTube steam is often posted early, though the stream obviously doesn't start until 3PM PST

Most YouTube streams are up at least an hour in advance, so it's easier to tune in at he beginning of the stream ~o3o~

because I'm keeping my hopes low, so that anything better than my expectation will be a pleasant surprise~

The YouTube steam is often posted early, though the stream obviously doesn't start until 3PM PST

Most YouTube streams are up at least an hour in advance, so it's easier to tune in at he beginning of the stream ~o3o~

Ohhh, okay then, I see now.

because I'm keeping my hopes low, so that anything better than my expectation will be a pleasant surprise~

Ah, makes enough sense to me. I'm trying not to have really high hopes myself, especially since there really isn't a lot at this point that I want to see, I mostly want to be pleasantly surprised. :P