Nintendo Direct Announced For April 1st (Not a Joke)

DragonLord

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see a new Four Swords Zelda game on the 3DS, or even the Wii U. TMC for GBA was the last one we ever got in this saga that was brand new (Four Swords got re-released twice since then, that's it). And Vaati was a much better villain than Ganondorf, imo.

I did like Spirit Tracks though, so I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel or prequel to that one, I guess.

I'd rather not see any Mario or Zelda personally. They are incredibly overdone in these past few years, plus we know Zelda U is delayed and Mario Maker is on the way.

Zelda Wii U is delayed until next year though, which is quite awhile. it's also been some time since we last got a new Zelda that wasn't a remake. ALBW came out in 2013, I think.

I do agree that Mario is overdone atm though.

I'd rather see a new Four Swords Zelda game on the 3DS, or even the Wii U. TMC for GBA was the last one we ever got in this saga that was brand new (Four Swords got re-released twice since then, that's it). And Vaati was a much better villain than Ganondorf, imo.

I did like Spirit Tracks though, so I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel or prequel to that one, I guess.

??? FS got rerelased once, as part of the 25th anniversary. FSA is a different game entirely.

And apparently, the planned fourth FS series game wound up being changed to a WW sequel because Executive Meddling (we now know this game as Phantom Hourglass). This is why early art of PH has 7 Links.

I'd rather not see any Mario or Zelda personally. They are incredibly overdone in these past few years, plus we know Zelda U is delayed and Mario Maker is on the way.

I don't care much for Mario unless Mario and Luigi RPG 5 becomes a thing, but it has been a while since we've gotten a completely new LoZ, like Ana said. I love ALBW, but its recycled overworld means that SS was the last Zelda with new everything.

And apparently, the planned fourth FS series game wound up being changed to a WW sequel because Executive Meddling (we now know this game as Phantom Hourglass). This is why early art of PH has 7 Links.I don't care much for Mario unless Mario and Luigi RPG 5 becomes a thing, but it has been a while since we've gotten a completely new LoZ, like Ana said. I love ALBW, but its recycled overworld means that SS was the last Zelda with new everything.

And yet Zelda compared to most other Nintendo franchises have had alot of games in the last span of years.

And yet Zelda compared to most other Nintendo franchises have had alot of games in the last span of years.

True, but it feels like mostly remakes, to me anyway. Between now and SS's release, we've had three remakes (OoT, TWW, MM) and a game that completely recycled an older games overworld. Could just be me, though.

Yeah, I have to side with Glaceon on this one. ALBW was a new game, but it didn't feel as new as, say, SS, since it reused ALttP's setting and such. And besides that, all we've had are remakes since SS.

So for me, I'd be most satisfied with a new Four Sword Zelda title, a FSA re-release for download, or a completely new 3DS title. It'd also be nice if this FSA re-release got some extra features like ALttP for GBA did (it added the Four Sword Shrine and stuff).

Also, I know FSA is a different game, that's why I said I want it re-released. FS DID ge re-released twice. Once for the DSi and once again as a limited anniversary edition download for 3DS. I know, because I remember being pissed that I had to miss out on the DSi version because I couldn't get my hands on a DSi. But I was able to get the 3DS download on both my 3DSs.

Edited by Anacybele

ALBW was actually awesome, though, unlike SS.

I'm willing to bet Zelda is pretty much done on 3DS. Two remakes and one new game is probably enough for a single system, specially a system that's still in need of a Metroid.

I'd rather not have another Mario, Zelda or Pokemon game at this point. Yes we got Majoras Mask 3DS, Mario Maker and other spin offs but it would be nice to hear some other Nintendo IPs.

I hope there will be some updates for Code Name Steam as there definitely needs to be some balance fixes for multiplayer online right now but I honestly don't see that happening.

Edited by kingddd

ALBW was actually awesome, though, unlike SS.

SS is amazing though. ALBW is a good game, but not amazing in my eyes.

Oh yeah, Pokemon. X/Y sequels soon, plz... Even if it's not in tomorrow's Direct, still make it soonish. ORAS is somewhat better than the original 3rd gen games, but I hated gen 3. X/Y was great and is begging for a sequel or third version or whatever. Plz, GameFreeeak. <3

Edited by Anacybele

ALBW is a more polished game than SS, and actually pulls off it's new mechanics amazingly well. You may like SS more, but ALBW is the better game in terms of what it succeeds in, even with the borrowed overworld.

I'm kind of expecting Z, since B2/W2 didn't go over too well. As long as I get new outfits for the boys and girls I don't care what they do though with it ~o3o~

What do you mean, "ALBW is the better game in what it succeeds in?" I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

And what do you mean B2/W2 "didn't go over well"? It might not have gotten QUITE as high a rating as its predecessors, but it still got high ratings and sold very well.

ALBW is great, reused assets and all. It's easily among the greatest games I've ever played, even knocking TWW out of its spot as my favorite Zelda for a while.

Plus it has RAVIO. That on its own makes it great.

Yeah, I have to side with Glaceon on this one. ALBW was a new game, but it didn't feel as new as, say, SS, since it reused ALttP's setting and such. And besides that, all we've had are remakes since SS.

So for me, I'd be most satisfied with a new Four Sword Zelda title, a FSA re-release for download, or a completely new 3DS title. It'd also be nice if this FSA re-release got some extra features like ALttP for GBA did (it added the Four Sword Shrine and stuff).

Also, I know FSA is a different game, that's why I said I want it re-released. FS DID ge re-released twice. Once for the DSi and once again as a limited anniversary edition download for 3DS. I know, because I remember being pissed that I had to miss out on the DSi version because I couldn't get my hands on a DSi. But I was able to get the 3DS download on both my 3DSs.

The DSi version and 3DS version are the same. I know, because I can connect the 3DS one on my 3DS to the DSi one on my DSi.

Edit: Black 2 best Pokémon.

Edited by Glaceon Armamentalist

They're still separate re-releases, though. And did the DSi version even have a single-player mode?

Ravio is indeed awesome. Though unlike most people, it seems, it wasn't hard for me to figure out that

He was the Lorule Link. I mean, two main things told me it had to be him: the bunny mask and the fact that he had all sorts of equipment Link would use. There was also the fact that he's a coward, the opposite to Link's courage and bravery.

Black 2 is amazing, agreed. (though Platinum is my favorite Pokemon game) This is why I really want sequels again. it was so awesome and refreshing after a bunch of third versions, despite my love for Platinum and the Sinnoh region.

Edited by Anacybele

They're still separate re-releases, though. And did the DSi version even have a single-player mode?

Black 2 is amazing, agreed. (though Platinum is my favorite Pokemon game) This is why I really want sequels again. it was so awesome and refreshing after a bunch of third versions, despite my love for Platinum and the Sinnoh region.

Yes

Tbh, I'm fine with either X2/Y2 or Z so long as PWT is back. it's the main reason I like Black 2 more than White/AlphaSapphire.

I liked Black 2 because it made Unova more enjoyable, it expanded the already good story, and it had a better post-game than BW. Imo, the only flaw XY has is a mediocre post-game. But Platinum has the best plot, best Pokemon, best region, BEST CHARACTERS, OMG I LOVE LOOKER. <3

As long as GameFreak keeps bringing back Looker, I think I'll play whatever new game they come out with. x3

Edited by Anacybele

I liked Black 2 because it made Unova more enjoyable, it expanded the already good story, and it had a better post-game than BW. Imo, the only flaw XY has is a mediocre post-game. But Platinum has the best plot, best Pokemon, best region, BEST CHARACTERS, OMG I LOVE LOOKER. <3

As long as GameFreak keeps bringing back Looker, I think I'll play whatever new game they come out with. x3

Yeah, I agree on pretty much everything you said here except Pt being best story, I'd give it to BW, myself.

Though BW2 also has KYOHEI so... add that in too.

How good a Pokémon game is is determined mainly by postgame, imo.

What do you mean, "ALBW is the better game in what it succeeds in?" I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

And what do you mean B2/W2 "didn't go over well"? It might not have gotten QUITE as high a rating as its predecessors, but it still got high ratings and sold very well.

The mechanics and new items ALBW introduced handled very well, with all of the tools having a wealth of uses not limited to clearing the dungeon and dungeon boss. The item renting system was one of the best systems any Zelda has done, because it means that dungeons don't have to be restricted to a single item to clear it. It also gave a legitimate value to rupees beyond even the item upgrades in SS. The core mechanic of the game, merging with the walls, is an amazing addition to the game, being employed literally everywhere, even in some boss battles, without feeling forced or contrived.

SS introduced some mechanics that were far better in theory than in practice. The upgrading system was cool, but the farming for materials was incredibly annoying, especially for the more rare items (not to mention tumbleweed >_>). The motion controlled swordplay sounded like a cool idea, but even with the motion plus is was horrible to control, and often even when I executed the moves properly it wouldn't read in the game and I would get killed as a result. Flying the Loftwing managed to be an even bigger pain because you could only control it by weirdly contorting your wrist and constantly flapping, which served no real purpose other than hurting my wrist. I think the spriting mechanic was the only one it handled well, since it didn't involve any asinine motion controls. And the less said about dowsing, the better... >_>

I seem to remember overall reception from fans being pretty lukewarm, at least.

For all the motion control's problems, I had very little problem with it. Maybe once or twice having to reset the thing or whatever that "aim at the middle of the screen and press +" was. Everything was pretty smooth for me.

True, but it feels like mostly remakes, to me anyway. Between now and SS's release, we've had three remakes (OoT, TWW, MM) and a game that completely recycled an older games overworld. Could just be me, though.

Yes, but how do you tell this to people who've wanted ANYTHING from F-Zero, Metroid, Starfox (before U was announced), etc? It's a lopsided deal, Zelda gets remakes while everyone else gets crap.

Edited by Jedi

Yes, but how do you tell this to people who've wanted ANYTHING from F-Zero, Metroid, Starfox (before U was announced), etc? It's a lopsided deal, Zelda gets remakes while everyone else gets crap.

Fair point, but I myself would prefer Zelda, since I'm not in those fandoms (tried F-Zero once and couldn't really get into it, I have vague memory of SF at best and Metroid I've never touched)... so I still kinda feel like we've been kept waiting a bit.

Fair point, but I myself would prefer Zelda, since I'm not in those fandoms (tried F-Zero once and couldn't really get into it, I have vague memory of SF at best and Metroid I've never touched)... so I still kinda feel like we've been kept waiting a bit.

Golden Sun remains dead.

Mother 4 is a thing only because of fans.. I could go on further

It just goes to show, Nintendo doesn't have alot of focus outside of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon these days and it annoys me.