Nintendo Direct Announced For April 1st (Not a Joke)

DragonLord

I can't possibly enjoy F-Zero. It's a racing game and it has extremely fast gameplay. Definitely not my cup of tea. xP (Mario Kart is the only racing game I've ever been able to enjoy)

Metroid is all science-fictiony and outer spacey. Not my cup of tea either.

Besides, don't these two sell like crap outside the US? Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely sorry that fans of these two series are being left high and dry, but yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't possibly enjoy F-Zero. It's a racing game and it has extremely fast gameplay. Definitely not my cup of tea. xP (Mario Kart is the only racing game I've ever been able to enjoy)

Besides, don't these two sell like crap outside the US? Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely sorry that fans of these two series are being left high and dry, but yeah.

While the 2D Metroids are really pure science-fiction, the Prime games delve quite a bit into science fantasy, at least as far as the scenery and lore is concerned.

No, they only sell crap in Japan, Europeans lke them as well. Plus, when it comes to markets, the US. is the biggest, so it shouldn't matter too much if the other markets don't open up. Nintendo is happy to publish games that only appeal to the Japanese it seems. (though there are companies that are much worse)

Metroid was even made for the Western audience and not the Japanese in mind. I mean the inspiration came from an American film franchise for crying out loud.

While the 2D Metroids are really pure science-fiction, the Prime games delve quite a bit into science fantasy, at least as far as the scenery and lore is concerned.

No, they only sell crap in Japan, Europeans lke them as well. Plus, when it comes to markets, the US. is the biggest, so it shouldn't matter too much if the other markets don't open up. Nintendo is happy to publish games that only appeal to the Japanese it seems. (though there are companies that are much worse)

Oh, I see. Then yeah, Nintendo needs to start catering to everyone else just as much as it does Japan. :/

Fair point, but I myself would prefer Zelda, since I'm not in those fandoms (tried F-Zero once and couldn't really get into it, I have vague memory of SF at best and Metroid I've never touched)... so I still kinda feel like we've been kept waiting a bit.

which specific F-Zero did you try out? The SNES is the one most people try out first and they get turned off by that one the most.

Inb4 Mewtwo won't be available until later this month

I want FE anniversary overload. Please IS.

-FEif worldwide launch this summer

-SMTxFE footage

-Japanese FEs coming to international VC

-One of them is also getting a remake

8D

which specific F-Zero did you try out? The SNES is the one most people try out first and they get turned off by that one the most.

Really? Cause all the other ones are super difficult.

Really? Cause all the other ones are super difficult.

F-Zero becomes only difficult if you go into expert or master difficulty. The easy and normal modes really help you get used to the F-Zero controls and playstyle before you actually get into the higher difficulty of the game. Not to mention you're given lives to actually retry the courses in the lower difficulties. Once you start getting used to the risk and reward style of gameplay of F-Zero it is not that difficult to adapt to it.

Did someone say F-zero? As much as I doubt it would be shown in this direct I would be beyond stoked if one got announced for the Wii U its been ages since I beat master on all the cups in GX perhaps a little revisit is in order...

1. Did you try F-Zero GX?

2. Nonononono. That is exactly how I felt before trying Metroid Prime Trilogy. Give it a chance. If you like Zelda/Fun, you will certainly enjoy it. Besides, it's three games in one. Can't go wrong with that.

1. No, but I've seen a video of F-Zero gameplay. That is crazy fast shit right there. o.o

2. I've also looked at a video of Metroid gameplay. It just doesn't look fun or interesting to me.

Edited by Anacybele

2. I've also looked at a video of Metroid gameplay. It just doesn't look fun or interesting to me.

I doubt I'll have any success in changing your mind, but I'll at least say this: if you like exploring in Zelda, there's really no reason not to even attempt Metroid. The biggest draw of Metroid is exploring the vast and interesting, often different worlds around you, and much like Zelda, you'll often find items that will help you explore new and different areas.

Thank heavens, the Metroid missionaries are here to spread the good word!

In serious though, that's fine.

Assimilate, engulf, become one of us, one of us,one of us, one of us one of us, one of us .........

I'm not really holding my breath for Star Fox Wii U to be revealed for this direct (though I am looking forward to the game and I'm hoping it has multiplayer co-op for story mode). Though regarding Wii U, Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly World are really safe bets in regards to what'll likely be revealed (especially with the former being announced for May 2015 from what I've heard). I really hope we'll hear more about the latter, since it's the closest I'll ever get to a co-op Yoshi's Island game (which I've been wanting for a long time).

Did someone say F-zero? As much as I doubt it would be shown in this direct I would be beyond stoked if one got announced for the Wii U its been ages since I beat master on all the cups in GX perhaps a little revisit is in order...

I personally would love to have an HD port of F-Zero GX on the Wii U. My HDTV likes giving me input lag on my Wii with component cables and thus I can never play Master Mode without crashing like a dumb racer. I don't have input dealy issues on my Wii U at all. I tried a lot of image settings and it won't fix it. The only issue for porting on the Wii U is the pressure sensitive triggers. The Wii U default controllers didn't have it and could pose a problem so they may have to tweak that if they do manage make it happen.

I still enjoy the game in expert difficulty though. I used to play Master Mode daily without any significant issues back during release and it was the most fun I ever had. Not to mention the game actually requires skills and losing more of the fault of the player and not by random items that punish good playing skills. Although there are those occasional AI cheating but most of the fault is the player and not by the game itself and that's why I loved it.

Big Blue Ordeal is still my favourite track. @15:14. My skill has been really rusty as you can see from the vid of my playthrough but I still love it to this day.

Edited by kingddd

@kingddd F-Zero GX and input lag go together like peanut butter and jelly... if peanut butter and jelly HATED each other!

My machine is the Space Cannon G4. Give it a try!

Body: Space Cancer

Cockpit: Combat Cannon

Booster: Titan -G4

@kingddd F-Zero GX and input lag go together like peanut butter and jelly... if peanut butter and jelly HATED each other!

My machine is the Space Cannon G4. Give it a try!

Body: Space Cancer

Cockpit: Combat Cannon

Booster: Titan -G4

b-but I want my cheesy 1 sentence interview answers.

Golden Sun remains dead.

Mother 4 is a thing only because of fans.. I could go on further

It just goes to show, Nintendo doesn't have alot of focus outside of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon these days and it annoys me.

To be fair, Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon sell really consistently well, unlike many of the franchises fans clamor for. Not saying I wouldn't give my left kidney for a new Metroid, but I can't really blame them for following the money. And they more or less laid off the Mario focus the last year. We didn't get any big Mario game last year other than Mario Kart, which is practically its own thing.

I would be more upset with them ignoring franchises if they weren't on a new-IP birthing binge. The franchise-ization of Xenoblade, the creation of Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., and the creation of Splatoon have left me reasonably satisfied with Nintendo's series diversity atm. Though I never got into Golden Sun or Mother, so I suppose I can't relate there.

b-but I want my cheesy 1 sentence interview answers.

Here you go.

"Can you tell us why you became an F-Zero racer?"

"To drive faster than blue shells can chase me."

"That's a great machine you got there."

"I built it to beat my brother - and succeeded."

"What was the key to your victory?"

"Mad skillz."

"What are your plans, now you've won?"

"Convert everyone from Mario Kart to F-Zero."

"How will you use the one billion space credits in prize money?"

"I'll fund development of the next Sin and Punishment game."

"Listen to that crowd! Do you have anything to say to them?"

"Nope."

Maximum Velocity. I believe that was the ambassador one.

I personally would love to have an HD port of F-Zero GX on the Wii U. My HDTV likes giving me input lag on my Wii with component cables and thus I can never play Master Mode without crashing like a dumb racer. I don't have input dealy issues on my Wii U at all. I tried a lot of image settings and it won't fix it. The only issue for porting on the Wii U is the pressure sensitive triggers. The Wii U default controllers didn't have it and could pose a problem so they may have to tweak that if they do manage make it happen.

I still enjoy the game in expert difficulty though. I used to play Master Mode daily without any significant issues back during release and it was the most fun I ever had. Not to mention the game actually requires skills and losing more of the fault of the player and not by random items that punish good playing skills. Although there are those occasional AI cheating but most of the fault is the player and not by the game itself and that's why I loved it.

Big Blue Ordeal is still my favourite track. @15:14. My skill has been really rusty as you can see from the vid of my playthrough but I still love it to this day.

An HD remake with online would be pretty awesome. Hell I'd take anything at this point though. I love the classic alternate music you can get on the Big Blue track.

Here you go.

"Can you tell us why you became an F-Zero racer?"

"To drive faster than blue shells can chase me."

"That's a great machine you got there."

"I built it to beat my brother - and succeeded."

"What was the key to your victory?"

"Mad skillz."

"What are your plans, now you've won?"

"Convert everyone from Mario Kart to F-Zero."

"How will you use the one billion space credits in prize money?"

"I'll fund development of the next Sin and Punishment game."

"Listen to that crowd! Do you have anything to say to them?"

"Nope."

Or how about Captain Falcon's interviews?

So corny and forced but I love it.

I doubt I'll have any success in changing your mind, but I'll at least say this: if you like exploring in Zelda, there's really no reason not to even attempt Metroid. The biggest draw of Metroid is exploring the vast and interesting, often different worlds around you, and much like Zelda, you'll often find items that will help you explore new and different areas.

I do like exploring in Zelda, but it isn't my favorite thing about the games. I love Zelda for the dungeons, combat, and storylines. Fun exploration is more of a bonus for me. I mean, I totally loved FSA and there was next to no exploration there.