Nintendo Direct Announced For April 1st (Not a Joke)

DragonLord

I can confirm that you are not allowed to vote twice. When you try to confirm your second vote, it says "you are not allowed to access this page". Not sure if it's tied to your ISP or your computer, so I might either be able to vote again on my 3DS and Wii U or I might be able to vote again the next time I take my computer to my sister's house (I'm not going to go out of my way to do that, but this poll is open until October).

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty disappointed with how SMT x FE looks but I'll save the judgement apart from. I wanted actual SMT stuff not Persona based light fluffiness.

FeIF need to see the stuff still..

Mewtwo „ Lucas and the poll are cool for smash.

^That applies to Roy as well.

Roy had his fire sword gimmick taken by Ike, his Marth clone status taken by Lucina, and even his damn name taken by Roy [Koopa]. He is popular only in Smash fandom, not his own fandom. Honestly, I don't even see him getting as many votes as some here are suggesting. I imagine he'll get a notable amount, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make top 10.

I'm pretty certain the Japanese FE fandom loves him.

He can be a unique character, with a bit of effort. I spent one night before going to sleep just thinking up a moveset for him. didn't write it down, but still.

And given my hypothetical second vote would be Ravio (who'd attack with Sheerow pecks, the bag with something more important than life itself, and the items he rented to Link in ALBW), Roy's got a better chance than that.

^That applies to Roy as well.Roy had his fire sword gimmick taken by Ike, his Marth clone status taken by Lucina, and even his damn name taken by Roy [Koopa]. He is popular only in Smash fandom, not his series' fandom. Honestly, I don't even see him getting as many votes as some here are suggesting. I imagine he'll get a notable amount, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make top 10.

I am very offend, but I understand now. I guess I'll just vote for Cat Mario now.

Oh yeah, I forgot that we kind of already have a Roy in Smash Wii U/3DS now. It'd get confusing unless Sakurai redid them as Roy Koopa and Roy (Fire Emblem) and the latter just looks silly for a roster name.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh yeah, I forgot that we kind of already have a Roy in Smash Wii U/3DS now. It'd get confusing unless Sakurai redid them as Roy Koopa and Roy (Fire Emblem) and the latter just looks silly for a roster name.

Or Roy Koopa and just Roy...

I'm pretty certain the Japanese FE fandom loves him.

He can be a unique character, with a bit of effort. I spent one night before going to sleep just thinking up a moveset for him. didn't write it down, but still.

I'm not against Roy, but I feel I'm siding with Red Fox.

Lucas could've been a unique character too, with a bit of effort. Yet, in his reveal video, you can CLEARLY see all of his specials are unchanged, despite the fact that Ness has them too.

I have absolutely NO IDEA why Sakurai (or whoever really decides) let Lucas back, and not anyone else besides Mewtwo; that bit is a mystery. All I do know is that I think it was a good choice, and he's apparently listened to fans well enough to bring him back. And let's not forget the fact that the Earthbound series had 2 in Brawl, reduced to 1 in Smash 4, and brought back to 2 in DLC.

I am not at all opposed to Lucas returning, but I'm very surprised he came before Wolf. Wolf is generally more popular and is from a more well-known, worldwide franchise that is soon to have a new game, whereas Mother is done.

In any case, I think we can be a bit more confident that more Smash DLC will happen.

I'm not against Roy, but I feel I'm siding with Red Fox.

Lucas could've been a unique character too, with a bit of effort. Yet, in his reveal video, you can CLEARLY see all of his specials are unchanged, despite the fact that Ness has them too.

I have absolutely NO IDEA why Sakurai (or whoever really decides) let Lucas back, and not anyone else besides Mewtwo; that bit is a mystery. All I do know is that I think it was a good choice, and he's apparently listened to fans well enough to bring him back. And let's not forget the fact that the Earthbound series had 2 in Brawl, reduced to 1 in Smash 4, and brought back to 2 in DLC.

Lucas and Ness have very different Standards, Smashes, Throws, aerials... their specials are all that really made them similar imo.

In any case, I think we can be a bit more confident that more Smash DLC will happen.

Oh yes, I agree with this! Especially if I do get Vaati, Dixie Kong, or Daisy. ANY of those three would please me a lot!

Actually if you look in the trailer his PK fire isn't as vertical as Ness's and blasts people back instead of causing them to get caught in the flame and his PK thunder goes through people so you can juggle them whereas Ness's hits and fizzes out on contact. His smashes seem slightly different looks like they might have a bigger hitbox. I might be mistaken but it also looks like he grabs with that worm snake looking thing he has. Maybe he has more range?

I so love for Daisy DLC. She'd be an interesting fighter, I just wonder what she would bring to the table!

i shall have a recurring theme of posting about lucas in each of my posts, just so my happiness doesn't outburst all at once and kill me

Actually if you look in the trailer his PK fire isn't as vertical as Ness's and blasts people back instead of causing them to get caught in the flame and his PK thunder goes through people so you can juggle them whereas Ness's hits and fizzes out on contact. His smashes seem slightly different looks like they might have a bigger hitbox. I might be mistaken but it also looks like he grabs with that worm snake looking thing he has. Maybe he has more range?

I was talking about his specials FROM BRAWL. Not from Ness.

Edited by Carter

I so love for Daisy DLC. She'd be an interesting fighter, I just wonder what she would bring to the table!

Yeah! People can scream Peach clone all they want, that's what they said about Rosalina too. And Sakurai has made movesets based off of nothing, so he can surely make Daisy unique. She doesn't even have parasols or Toads like Peach does. I had thought up a moveset for her a long time ago as well, though some of it escapes me. I do remember what I made her Final Smash be though. I called it Flower Power, and when Daisy triggers it, giant flowers pop up all over the stage and cause a bit of damage to players, and whichever characters get hit also wind up with a flower on their heads that deals more damage!

You know I think $4 is right where I'd draw the line at mewtwo dlc. I'm ok with this

Also with the amount of Golden Sun fans, and the fact that it's OST is in smash already, I wouldn't be surprised to see Felix, Isaac, maybe Jenna or Alex or Garret, in DLC plans someday.

Of course of course! He's back he's back! I still cannot believe my eyes. I was fearing an April Fool's joke, but alas, no! So happy Lucas is back :)

I do remember what I made her Final Smash be though. I called it Flower Power, and when Daisy triggers it, giant flowers pop up all over the stage and cause a bit of damage to players, and whichever characters get hit also wind up with a flower on their heads that deals more damage!

That's actually not a bad idea! I like that!

Someone needs to start a thread for an organized voting for another FE character in smash. Please, if SF doesn't do this then we'll probably get someone stupid like King K Rool or Ridley.

How the hell is King K.Rool "stupid"?

Also, DK64 for the Virtual Console WOOOOOO!

He's too big.

But my serious answer is that he is a villian from a Mario sub series. Diddy Kong makes sense as he has appeared in Mario games before and serves as donkey kongs main partner. Dixie Kong is also the protagonist partners partner from a sub series or different branch of Mario.

He's too big, duh!

Edit: Goddammit Rabba you stole my joke.

Edited by Glaceon Armamentalist

I have been told that there was nothing EOV-related in this direct. ;_;

Good to get info on FE:if, although I am disappointed that it appears I won't get to tell both sides to fuck off and make peace.

Kinda feel like voting for Wolf because he's the only cut character that has a decent chance to get in.

But in terms of being a Smash Fan, I'd like to see Dixie Kong.

And if we're talking about me as a video game fan, nothing could beat Phoenix Wright for me.

So idk who to vote for.

Not trying too. Just saying.

...Also, given all the reactions, I think I'm the only one who likes what SMTxFE looks like. Maybe the awesome Jpop got me or something.

Seriously, what song is that, I must know!

I like the look of it too but in my openion it looks more like a Nippon Ichi game then Atlus