Was that MU that transformed in the trailer?

Lhyonnaes

Nope. Gonna keep doing it. "MU" has been dumb ever since Awakening came out internationally, and what makes you think I care that it's interchangeable with "Avatar?" I'm advocating using their default names so we don't have three characters in the series that are all "MU."

You're totally entitled to your opinion, but it might be an idea to be a little less forceful with it. It's likely people are going to continue using various terms for these characters, so you may have to reserve your system for your own use.

You're totally entitled to your opinion, but it might be an idea to be a little less forceful with it. It's likely people are going to continue using various terms for these characters, so you may have to reserve your system for your own use.

This is probably a good idea.

Whether or not I apply it remains to be seen. "MU" just really, really bugs me.

I'm going to call the new protagonist "Kamui". Since it's not 100% confirmed they'll even be a customisable unit apart from gender.

I would like "Kafui" for the girl version to take off because I'm weird like that.

Edited by Baldrick

The GIF was going by way too fast for me to see it correctly so I put it in Photoshop so I could see it frame by frame.

There were two frames pre-transformation that caught my eye, so I screencapped them.

70446f6465a0ea5ad70d144f2ad586de.png

Here you can see the person in question leaning over, which gives us a really good look at their hair color, which is white. In the first trailer we got, we see who was speculated as the MU at the time attacking someone, and they also have white hair.

fb6d7103f57556a8cb40c9f8786f2d4a.png

Now in the frame right before the person transforms into Arceus the dragon, they're completely arched back and we can get a good look at their clothes.

e9ced3b49956f07028b2a25b0c297045.png

Here is a picture of the art of the default MU's, both male and female. All things considered, it's pretty safe to assume that the person is in fact Kamui/the MU.

The GIF was going by way too fast for me to see it correctly so I put it in Photoshop so I could see it frame by frame.

There were two frames pre-transformation that caught my eye, so I screencapped them.

70446f6465a0ea5ad70d144f2ad586de.png

Here you can see the person in question leaning over, which gives us a really good look at their hair color, which is white. In the first trailer we got, we see who was speculated as the MU at the time attacking someone, and they also have white hair.

Now in the frame right before the person transforms into Arceus the dragon, they're completely arched back and we can get a good look at their clothes.

e9ced3b49956f07028b2a25b0c297045.png

Here is a picture of the art of the default MU's, both male and female. All things considered, it's pretty safe to assume that the person is in fact Kamui/the MU.

Looks like kaMUi to me, IMO.

also literally, MU is in KaMUi's name, i love the irony here

We Hasha no Tsurugi now?

Looks like kaMUi to me, IMO.

also literally, MU is in KaMUi's name, i love the irony here

KA CAN BE CHANGE IN JAPANESE Edited by TravelingElder

I wonder if the ability to transform will be tied to stones as usual or something more like laguz. I'm guessing the latter since it seems to be more powerful and Kamui is seen mostly fighting with a sword.

It looks like Kamui is low on health in that frame. This could be a skill that activates on half health or less that is unique to Kamui's class. (This is assuming that Kamui gets a class like the Avatar did.)

Edited by Honey Bunny

Ooh, I like that beast. :D It's like a cross between a dragon and a big deer! Doesn't matter to me if it's the Avatar or not, I just like it!

Whether or not I apply it remains to be seen. "MU" just really, really bugs me.

Red Fox, I feel you, it bugs me a lot too. But people are going to use the terms they want to use... I've learned to just ignore it..