i have alot more faith in this game after watching the "SMT X FE" trailer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Awakener_ I doubt you'll get people to agree with you with an attitude that provocative.

On the subject of the topic, yeah, the outlook is certainly positive and this seems to have more of a defined identity than the last game. Nothing conclusive can be said, but I'm definitely optimistic for now.

Edited by Topazd

If Awakening is like 7.5, I think we could say pre-Awakening games are dog shit. XD

Considering most of the previous FEs are much better than Awakening. No. Have some damn respect for where most of Awakenings influence came from and stop being an asshole

Edited by Jedi

Considering most of the previous FEs are much better than Awakening. No. Have some damn respect for where most of Awakenings influence came from and stop being an asshole

No, I mean it. Actually watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHS5zEumqU

His opinion on the 3DS version of Smash after seeing the Wii U's version is exactly my opinion on the older titles after I played Awakening. While they are very well done game on it own, FE7 is still one of my favorite GBA title and I definitely won't lie about that. But when Awakening come and my feeling completely changed.

Edited by Awakener_

No, I mean it. Actually watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHS5zEumqU

His opinion on the 3DS version of Smash after seeing the Wii U's version is exactly my opinion on the older titles after I played Awakening. While they are very well done game on it own, FE7 is still one of my favorite GBA title and I definitely won't lie about that. But when Awakening come and my feeling completely changed.

Awakening gets a lot of undeserved flak so I do see where your defensive attitude comes from, but your method of conveying its 'superiority' to others will only cause feelings of disdain towards you. Keep in mind that whether or not game A is better than B is a very subjective matter.

Awakening gets a lot of undeserved flak so I do see where your defensive attitude comes from, but your method of conveying its 'superiority' to others will only cause feelings of disdain towards you. Keep in mind that whether or not game A is better than B is a very subjective matter.

superiority? No. But you are right about the defensive part, why are the fans of Awakening only defending anyway? We deserved the right to shit talk other too why their favorite FE game suck compared to ours.

superiority? No. But you are right about the defensive part, why are the fans of Awakening only defending anyway? We deserved the right to shit talk other too why their favorite FE game suck compared to ours.

And at the end of the day, everyone's a FE fan. Chill.

BTW, this goes to people who like to rag on Awakening, too (including TC). Shit-talking someone else's game will eventually produce this kind of reaction, and it's the mods that have to sort everything out in the end. Respect each other, even if all of you can't agree on which game is best.

FE13 deserves 7.5 at best.

4.5 if I'm being real here, it sucks.

Any other FE is a better game. ANY OTHER FE.

So yeah, you're gonna get a lot of dissent for saying that, FE6 is my favorite FE, I'm naturally going to give it scores much higher than I'd ever give 13. I'd give FE6 9.5. The other games besides FE9 (~7.5) between 8.0 and 9.0.

On the other hand, it is a very well streamlined game. It handles much more nicely than previous Fire Emblem games. Also we finally got mixed magic/physical classes again.

And, while Awakening is definitely one of my least favorite FEs (it only really beats out the NES games, and that's due to them just being so old) it is still a solid game when compared to everything else in the world, IMO.

Oh Grima, you are a mod. Why the mod sign isn't more shiny or big? I was just thinking you were some whiny kid who was ordering everyone to do what he wants feeling Christ.

Well, sorry.

Oh Grima, you are a mod. Why the mod sign isn't more shiny or big? I was just thinking you were some whiny kid who was ordering everyone to do what he wants feeling Christ.

Well, sorry.

be very careful about posting things like this in the future. if you have a problem with my modding, take it up with me or tangerine via pm.

Edited by Integrity

I love how people are so angry that I said awakening is overrated seriously all I said was just that it's more of a 7.5 than a 9.5 that is still a good score even a 6 is above average honestly call anything overrated and you find nothing but hate I never even called it bad

Edited by thecrimsonflash

I love how people are so angry that I said awakening is overrated seriously all I said was just that it's more of a 7.5 than a 9.5 that is still a good score even a 6 is above average honestly call anything overrated and you find nothing but hate I never even called it bad

This is all your fault. You should feel bad

You guys, everone's opinion is going to be different, there's no point in arguing because at this point, almost everyone has made up their mind. Sure, Awakening took a lot of older features from games, but it put them all into one. It had to try new things, and if they don't work out or are seen as mistakes, then Intelligent Systems will learn from their mistakes! We've seen them mess up before, like in Sacred Stones where the grinding made the game to easy, so they took it out. In Path or Radiance, the Laguz were dreadfully overpowered, so they fixed them up in the next version. If you're not an Awakening fan, then go play an old Fire Emblem, and stop talking shit. And if you do like Awakening, good for you, but don't try to change anyone's mind. I swear, this is the Melee vs Smash4 debate all over again...At the end of the day, we're all Fire Emblem fans, talking shit about the series isn't benefitting anyone. And while I'm posting this, lets get back to the point: Fire Emblem If's vs SMTxFE based on what we've seen so far.

@Rawkstar Awakening is the only FE game I ever played, but I loved it, and my experience with the SMT games is limited to Persona 3 & 4 (have SMTIV, haven't had time to commit to it). I'm excited for both SMT X FE and FE14. I know I'm the "casual" that attracts the ire of die-hard fans on these forums, but I think it's a good sign when someone like me is engaged and enthusiastic about these two upcoming titles.

@Rawkstar Awakening is the only FE game I ever played, but I loved it, and my experience with the SMT games is limited to Persona 3 & 4 (have SMTIV, haven't had time to commit to it). I'm excited for both SMT X FE and FE14. I know I'm the "casual" that attracts the ire of die-hard fans on these forums, but I think it's a good sign when someone like me is engaged and enthusiastic about these two upcoming titles.

Don't worry about whether or not you're the type of fan that irritates the others on this board. Fire Emblem fans are Fire Emblem fans, and it doesn't matter which iteration you liked best!

That being said, go play SMT IV! It's worth it!

Six skills? Sounds interesting at the least, although I missed it in the trailers and stuff. Can you send me the video that shows six skills please?

The videos gave me a little bit hope, but I'm still sceptical about the game mechanics.
Seeing six skills daunt me.

I only will have faith in this game, when I have watched a LP and it has covinced me to buy it.

I won't do the same mistake as I did with FE13 buying on the day of release. Still regret it after almost two years of existing.

You guys, everone's opinion is going to be different, there's no point in arguing because at this point, almost everyone has made up their mind. Sure, Awakening took a lot of older features from games, but it put them all into one. It had to try new things, and if they don't work out or are seen as mistakes, then Intelligent Systems will learn from their mistakes! We've seen them mess up before, like in Sacred Stones where the grinding made the game to easy, so they took it out. In Path or Radiance, the Laguz were dreadfully overpowered, so they fixed them up in the next version. If you're not an Awakening fan, then go play an old Fire Emblem, and stop talking shit. And if you do like Awakening, good for you, but don't try to change anyone's mind. I swear, this is the Melee vs Smash4 debate all over again...At the end of the day, we're all Fire Emblem fans, talking shit about the series isn't benefitting anyone. And while I'm posting this, lets get back to the point: Fire Emblem If's vs SMTxFE based on what we've seen so far.

FE9 Laguz were far from what I'd consider OP... If anything broke that game, it was mounts and BEXP.

Sacred Stones is easy even if you don't grind...

Either way, I feel more SMTxFE hype. There's still a small part of me worried Nohr's path has similarities to FE13 gameplay.