Did FEA introduce the marriage system at the beginning of marketing?

HeartTranquil

It hasn't been shown whether it will be included or not. I'd hope it would since I had fun pairing people up in Awakening, and it also seems to be a popular feature. We'll have to wait and see though.

But since it was indeed popular, I'd expect to see it return, unless IS wants a lot of complaints or something.

Edited by Swirl-Theory

IIRC the ability to marry "anyone of the opposite sex" was part of the mid-stage marketing campaign? I do remember children being a little part of that too, but mainly marriage. If it IS in this game, I don't think it will feature very prominently in the marketing at this stage because in Awakening it was "new" and an integral part of the game mechanics. I feel as though they may be moving away from that and back into traditional support territory.

I actually think there won't be a "marriage system" but just a "bonding system".

I think the above is much more likely, at the end of the day, in FEA the so called "marriage system" is just a confession scene with a confession CG that can be done in a "bonding system" anyway.

The only use of the "marriage system" was for the 2nd gen.

Exactly, without a 2nd generation, there isn't much need for marriage other than popular demand.

I think we can just expect simpler support convos with paired endings, but there's really no way to know until later on in the marketing campaign/ when the game comes out??

I doubt there will be a marriage system if we're related by blood to half of the cast and have familial ties to the other half. The only reason Awakening had a marriage system in the first place was to introduce the 2nd gen characters and since this game probably won't have a 2nd gen it won't be necessary to implement it.

I actually think there won't be a "marriage system" but just a "bonding system".

I think the above is much more likely, at the end of the day, in FEA the so called "marriage system" is just a confession scene with a confession CG that can be done in a "bonding system" anyway.

The only use of the "marriage system" was for the 2nd gen.

I'm starting to think this too. The fact that so many main characters are family to Kamui means that either they'll be unable to become marriage partners or that the story will double on itself so they can be. Or incest. I'm inclined to think IS wouldn't stoop so low as to take away those connections when they're being so built up as important. And besides I'm sure after the initial disappointment people would still enjoy having paired endings with their favourite character even if it isn't "they fall in love and have time traveling kids."

Supports are definitely coming back, they've always been a part of the series. However, I don't see people actually marrying each other, if only due to the fact 75% of the cast seems to be related.

If platonic paired endings are possible, then that's what we'll see.

Unless IS decides to take a page out of Game of Thrones' book.

I have a feeling it will be supports with potential post game marriage. The time span of the game does not seem to take place over a long enough time to justify a time gap. I do hope there is no time travel as an excuse for such, either.

That said, that is purely based on what the trailer seems. Perhaps they remain at war for who knows how long.

I personally don't think a marriage system will return. I'm more leaning towards a bonding system, at least with the ones you grew up with/ your blood-relatives. Perhaps they'll make a mixture of it? That you can marry with the units that aren't the ones you grew up with/ that are your blood-relatives and bond with the ones that are?

I agree with this. While the majority of the characters that have been introduced so far seem to be related to the avatar, I think that as more information comes in the balance will tip the other way.

I don't see the marriage system coming back for this game because (hopefully) it doesn't deal with time travelling children. There is the pair up system so I think that support points may still be gathered in the same way only with just a paired ending instead. Although, I wouldn't really mind if the marriage system came back or not.

Gimme marriages with bigger consequences. I wanna marry off Kamui, Marx, drill hair little sister, etc. to create a web of alliances between noble houses and other subfactions (say the head of a merchant guild or a pirate queen or the equivalent to Robin Hood something). After all, if I'm leading a nation/revolution, I'm gonna need political, military, and economic support.

Gimme marriages with bigger consequences. I wanna marry off Kamui, Marx, drill hair little sister, etc. to create a web of alliances between noble houses and other subfactions (say the head of a merchant guild or a pirate queen or the equivalent to Robin Hood something). After all, if I'm leading a nation/revolution, I'm gonna need political, military, and economic support.

This is good. Marriage would actually matter for once. Or not, I just want it back....

Hinoka is mine no matter what though.

There'll definitely be supports if anything, but marriages probably won't be as big of a thing. Mostly for the reason that this game focuses more on your family. I mean maybe we could get marriages but I'd enjoy the game just as much if they weren't/were included.

If they do included marriages I really hope they can go beyond an S support, or at least more side story around it.

It is also notable that there isn't space for a lover listing on Kamui's info screen. This likely means that marriage (and possibly S rank supports in general) are not returning. I'd imagine there will be GBA style paired endings, but no in-game marriages.

It is also notable that there isn't space for a lover listing on Kamui's info screen. This likely means that marriage (and possibly S rank supports in general) are not returning. I'd imagine there will be GBA style paired endings, but no in-game marriages.

Eh. Just because there isn't any room doesn't mean they aren't back. It could just have been taken out because it really didn't affect the battle in anyway, and moved to outside of the battle like during battle preparations.

Edited by DualMix

There's an open book icon in the lower part of the screen that might indicate a 2nd page for the status screen though. They could use something like that to make support information accessible from the status screen, for example.

I just hope if the marriage system exists again it will be possible to S rank someone on one side before you have to choose between countries, and then pick the side they aren't on.

Tragedy.

Edited by Eveangaline