Login Errors

Zanryu

I'm at school right now, only reason I'm on. =X

So, like, I can login using IE at home, but with Firefox it says I've successfully logged in, but I'm still a guest. Shows me on the memebr list as online, but I'm not. Is it just an error with FF, or is it an error with SF related to compatability with FF? It's really pissing me off, because I hate using IE, and FF finally works on my computer back home.

It might also have something to do with your school blocking people from logging in to forums. But I don't know. It could easily be something else.

One of the major issues I notice with IPB boards is login issues, and they happen differently on different machines, and normally schools modify their computers from what they were designed for. (For example my school's new computers are designed for Vista, but have been downgraded to XP, and the hardware issues cause extremely slow log in times, and improper displays on the web.)

This could be part of the issue, from what I've seen and heard, the best browser to use to avoid issues is firefox.

Not true, as a website displaying on a PC is not the same when displayed on a mac. Also the graphics of the computer affect the colour, and transparencies and such.

So it's not surprising other issues happen. Sort of like the Firefox Vs. IE.

Edited by Cynthia

Those are just browser rendering differences. Color range could be affected by the monitor, but that shouldn't hinder a webpage login.

Well either way sometimes it just screws people over when they try to log in.

Also when I post in Audio Engineering I get this bad request page but the post go through. Any ideas