What type of Dragon is Kamui  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Dragon do you think IF's Avatar is?

• A Redesigned Dragon from past games.
    • A Redesigned Earth Dragon!
    • A Magvel Great Dragon
    • Another redesign of a Divine Dragon
    • A New type of Dragon such as a Kirin Dragon.
    • Game won't discuss Dragon types at all

Dark Dragon because he is actually the antagonist whose mission is to weaken both empires and create chaos so that he can revive his...his...hmm...sister. You see the dancer's neck twisted by him, it's because she will learn the truth in the middle of the game and he will have to off her to keep the secret. Yeah!

I know you're probably being facetious and just referencing a completely separate thing, but I'm going to address this anyway. Considering the scene where Kamui attacks the dancer should be immediately after he/she chooses whether to ally with Hoshido/Nohr, I'd say it's pretty unlikely. Sister thing unlikely since he/she already has 4 confirmed sisters. However, the idea of Kamui weakening both empires and such sounds like a favoable potential path that one could take in the third route.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interesting part is that it barely has any facial features, to the point where its head looks like a helmet really. That gives it a very "inorganic" vibe to me. The transformation also takes place after he puts on some sort of mask, and let's just say it doesn't look like the most pleasant thing to go through(reminds me of Majora's mask in that regard). It also has tiny clawed hands at the end of these deer like limbs. The way that thing fights is anyone's guess at this point. As far as I'm concerned, lasers.

I can't really see this being anything else than a new type.

Sister thing unlikely since he/she already has 4 confirmed sisters.

Was this actually confirmed and I missed it?

Edited by Cysx

I was going to say "Mega Dialga tribe", but that works too I suppose...

I think Kamui's dragon form looks more like Dialga + Xerneas...

Anyway, I say new tribe, like simply kirins, like how we have laguz, taguel, and manaketes.

I'm thinking Kamui is a new kind of manakete, especially due to having a unique ability (Dragon's Vein) that other manaketes lack. I don't think he's an Earth or Divine dragon, but his ability should eventually be discussed a few times in the story, so I don't see his type going ambiguous.

Anyone consider that it might just be a new kind of laguz or taguel? Sure it has wings and all but its a four legged creature and all. I mean Kamui has bare feet kinda like Yarne and Panne in Awakening.

I'm just sayin could be a Hippogriff or something.

Uh... I'm not sure that hints to anything. ^_^; Manaketes have been mostly quadrupedal in the past, and just because a character doesn't wear shoes along with a few other characters doesn't really hint at all as to what species they are. (Plus, don't laguz have footwear, anyway? o.o;)

I wonder how him being a dragon gives him control of the terrain like that.

Also, didn't we just have a dragon protagonist? While unlikely, I hope this doesn't take up too much part of the story.

Was this actually confirmed and I missed it?

Yes; Camilla, Nohr imouto, Hinoka, and Sakura are confirmed to be Kamui's sisters, the former two being adoptive and the latter two being biological.

Also, didn't we just have a dragon protagonist?

Uh, no. Don't know where you got this from, neither Chrom nor Robin can ever transform into dragons. :/

Uh, no. Don't know where you got this from, neither Chrom nor Robin can ever transform into dragons. :/

Oh I'm well aware, I just simplified the Grima situation a bit. But while I highly doubt they'd make something too similar to Awakening in terms of story (save for the usual Fire Emblem story of defending your homeland i.e Fire Emblem: If's Hoshido path), I am a bit worried about Kamui's dragon transformation, especially since we've seen him/her choke Dancina.

Oh I'm well aware, I just simplified the Grima situation a bit. But while I highly doubt they'd make something too similar to Awakening in terms of story (save for the usual Fire Emblem story of defending your homeland i.e Fire Emblem: If's Hoshido path), I am a bit worried about Kamui's dragon transformation, especially since we've seen him/her choke Dancina.

Robin was blood bonded to be a meat-puppet for Grima, he wasn't a dragon, he was possessed by one (...which doesn't entirely make sense after Grima fixes his body but w/e). Kamui is a dragon, literally.

Edited by L95

In our dream, Robin is a dragon. And the hacking. And our fanfic. Don't look at me like that, you know it's true.

Though yeah, if it's so that in the end, it's somekind of persona...

Robin was blood bonded to be a meat-puppet for Grima, he wasn't a dragon, he was possessed by one (...which doesn't entirely make sense after Grima fixes his body but w/e). Kamui is a dragon, literally.

As I said, I know, I merely simplified the circumstances, but maybe that was dumb of me. Hopefully, the protagonists are distinct, and that Kamui gets a proper personality.

I doubt this will be similar to Awakening myself. Also, her name's Aqua, not "Dancina."

Yes; Camilla, Nohr imouto, Hinoka, and Sakura are confirmed to be Kamui's sisters, the former two being adoptive and the latter two being biological.

Where was this confirmed exactly?

So I originally thought his/her feet were hooves (didn't bother freeze framing the trailer) but from the still posted in this thread, those are clearly hands as feet. Not sure what to make of it but it's creepy as hell.

Edit: ninja'd.

Edit²:Redemption!

The drowning scene gives a better view of the form's lovely fingers.

BR86X6g.png

Edited by Cysx

^ thats a bit easier to see than the sites image thx, and they are lovely finger/claws

also i never noticed the tail crest/seaweed thing before. Thats a weird angle, almost looks its going to stab Aqua Dancina :) with the tail.

Edited by goodperson707

The thing is with older Manakites have all somewhat resembled what one would consider a dragon, the furthest deviation is probably Fa but even she is I suppose "organic". Kamui looks completely foreign to all other Manaketes or any other shapeshifter. They have literal metal on them or something similar, nothing In the series resembles Kamui. But we have confirmation of dragon stone so it would have to be a new type of Manakete due to how alien it is from all the other types.

Edited by Asoleos

I find it weird that it has those long fingers instead of hooves or paws... I mean, its front leg joints are like those of horses or canines or felines.

I don't like how the front legs are shaped. They look like they're broken. Everything else is cool, but the "fingers" are creeping me out. I like them, but I don't like them at the same time.

The thing is with older Manakites have all somewhat resembled what one would consider a dragon, the furthest deviation is probably Fa but even she is I suppose "organic". Kamui looks completely foreign to all other Manaketes or any other shapeshifter. They have literal metal on them or something similar, nothing In the series resembles Kamui. But we have confirmation of dragon stone so it would have to be a new type of Manakete due to how alien it is from all the other types.

FE13's Ice dragons are less organic looking than the others, at least IMO. Their battle model does look more normal though.

SdqBLyp.png

Edited by L95

FE13's Ice dragons are less organic looking than the others, at least IMO. Their battle model does look more normal though.SdqBLyp.png

Honestly Kamui's main body and the Ice Dragon are very similar with the metallic silver but what really sets Kamui apart is head area with the mask and horns. They legitimately look like armor separate than the body rather rather than actual organic growths on the body. On closer look, Kamui's body appears segmented with plates in the drowning scene. Edited by Asoleos

FE13's Ice dragons are less organic looking than the others, at least IMO. Their battle model does look more normal though.SdqBLyp.png

so u r sayin awakening had confirmed ice dragons lolwut

But yeah, dragon forms have varied a lot in the series, including among manaketes. In the DS games, we got (I think) four kinds of dragons, including Tiki and Nagi's bipedal divine dragon forms, while the other dragons in those games were quadrupedal, and the DS ice dragons had quite some long necks (or was that mage dragons?). Fae was quite different in being more adorable and chubby, while Ninian and Nils lacked wings, and if I recall correctly, Idoun had a very unique form herself. Oh, and don't get me started on the no-eyed to cyclops dragon Doma. *shudder*

Yeah, I'm thinking that Kamui's dragon form incorporates his armor, or the designers wanted to keep the design motif consistent between the armor and dragon form.

Both Ice and Mage dragons are very long, yeah.

Idoun is pretty unique, she has four wings and weird plate things on the back of her head.

Edited by L95

Yeah, I'm thinking that Kamui's dragon form incorporates his armor, or the designers wanted to keep the design motif consistent between the armor and dragon form.Both Ice and Mage dragons are very long, yeah.Idoun is pretty unique, she has four wings and weird plate things on the back of her head.

Your right the human armor is similar to the Manakete form, specifically the arms and legs have very similar designs between the two forms.