Are you going to spoil if for yourself?

TKHikaru13

156 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to spoil the game for yourself?

• Yes, I want to be prepared.
    • Yes! I can't wait for if!
    • No, I want to experience the game for myself.
    • I don't care either way.
    • I haven't decided yet

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we make a rule to ban story spoilers until world release of the game?

Basically as stated, all spoilers need to be clearly marked. If the entire topic is about something spoilery, it should not be part of the title and the title should say "SPOILERS ABOUND" or something to that effect. If it's in an unrelated or otherwise non-spoiler topic, they should use the spoiler tags and be clearly marked as FE14 spoilers.

Luckily this forum is the only part of the fandom I visit, so as long as no one here is dumb I'll be fine.

I read up on the story of Awakening (my first game) before buying it, and it wasn't as fun to experience the story as it was for Fire Emblem (my second game), which I didn't read up on. For this reason, I'm going to stay away from if-related subjects once it releases in Japan.

I already know I won't be able to resist. I'll probably go in just looking for what each recruitable character looks like and how I can get as many of the ones I like as possible (especially since this game is supposed to have lots of choices that will lock out certain recruits and allow others), and end up spoiling the entire plot of both storylines. Won't bother me too much. I mean, literally the first thing I ever read about ASoIaF was the Red Wedding (this was back in 2008 if I'm remembering right).

Its a mixed case I will want to avoid spoilers but at the same time I will want to make sure I get my moneys worth when it comes to the US this means classes weapons number of chapters as well as a general idea of complexity are all things I would like to know before I make a purchase.

I really want to spoil it before I die from anticipation, but I also want to preserve the feeling of going through a new game. I'll probably check how long the game is and how many characters I can use, but I am not going to spoil the plot.

Y'all make me feel like I must be the only Japan player here!

It's probably relatively difficult to spoil myself considering that I'll be picking up the special edition at the store on Japan's release date. Unless everyone powers through it faster than I do? Or they pick the other route and there's lots of differences.

I look forward to helping collect information/doing translations along with everyone importing it though. Hopefully everyone will be careful enough not to spoil those of you getting it 2016 who want to experience it yourselves.

If I wasn't getting it on June 25th, I'd most likely go for the spoilers. Awakening was more exciting for me going into it blind, but I'm so impatient with things like this. Games are my weakness. I can't wait for all the art too, it's one of my favorite parts of this kind of game communities.

Any chance of getting a subforum for spoilers while keeping everything else spoiler-free?

I don't think that will be necessary. There won't be that many people here playing the game from the Japan release, I imagine. While any spoilers should be marked, in my opinion, if you're going to visit this subforum before getting a chance to play the game yourself, you're knowingly putting yourself at risk.

I can't remember the last time I successfully avoided spoiling myself on the list of PCs (which generally isn't too bad but can have unfortunate consequences like knowing that a certain Awakening PC is not in fact dead as the game suggests), so I suspect that'll happen again. I'll certainly try to avoid any major story spoilers though. May or may not succeed, as it's tricky when I have a craving for information about these games...

Im downloading it from jp e-shop as soon as it comea out so. yeah.

Im not waiting an entire year to play a game that comes out in like 2 months

This. As much as I would like to play the game spoiler free, I won't be able to stop myself from looking up spoilers...

I don't want to read any story spoilers about the story,but I want to know what unit classes are in the game,where the big gameplay differences are between hoshida and nohr(have they both acess to the same weapons and classes?How many exclusive characters does each side have?etc.)

I'm probably going to spoil the characters and their class options, and if reclassing is a thing, class skills.

I don't want to spoil the story but I might, 6 months is a long time.

I'm going to chain myself to my bed with bare minimum food and water for 6 months nearby when it comes out in Japan, and then when it's released in America I'll "accidentally" look it up on tv tropes and spoil everything.

I'm going to chain myself to my bed with bare minimum food and water for 6 months nearby when it comes out in Japan, and then when it's released in America I'll "accidentally" look it up on tv tropes and spoil everything.

So self-imprisonment for 6 months becoming all for naught? Ok then... Also, don't forget to update your sig.

A japanese friend of mine is willing to lend me his 3ds to play Fire Emblem on release, so I'm prepared for the longest run of Fire Emblem ever spending time translating every line of text. At least I'll put my high school Jap classes to use. Kanji's hard tho >.>

A japanese friend of mine is willing to lend me his 3ds to play Fire Emblem on release, so I'm prepared for the longest run of Fire Emblem ever spending time translating every line of text. At least I'll put my high school Jap classes to use. Kanji's hard tho >.>

Welp, GL with that....carry a dictionary with you at all times :p

I'm going for partial spoilers, if at all possible. I'm interesting in learning about the classes and gameplay changes and other mechanics and the like, but I'd like to avoid having any of the plot spoiled for me if I can.

Edited by Kirie

I will probably try to spoil myself on mechanics related stuff, and try to avoid plot spoilers. But there is a high chance of me spoiling myself due to bad self control.