Are you going to spoil if for yourself?

TKHikaru13

156 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to spoil the game for yourself?

• Yes, I want to be prepared.
    • Yes! I can't wait for if!
    • No, I want to experience the game for myself.
    • I don't care either way.
    • I haven't decided yet

I spoiled everything for myself in Awakening and it took away part of the experience for me. I am only looking at Skills, Classes, Weapons, and other gameplay elements. I am not looking at characters or story points. Period.

Edited by Leif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided I'm going to watch at most up to chapter 6 and no more after that. I might look at the characters page on here without clicking the spoilers just for portraits and starting classes. I only got spoiled on Lucina really close to the English release bc of a YouTube comment so I definitely WON'T be reading those. And will also boycott this section. -.-

Edited by Owain Dark

Should we make a rule to ban story spoilers until world release of the game?

Well, i dont think thats entirely fair when theres spoiler tags. So the rule should be like, "dont post untagged spoilers or else you die the death of a thousand men and be feasted upon by Nidhoggr!" So like, guys like Rey who will be posting vids and junk will tag their spoilers with ample warning.

Really depends, I'll try to get myself familiar with characters and names. Plus I'll try to watch some gameplay videos, but I won't get into too much of the plot details. Mainly I'm curious as to the differences in the two campaigns.

Well, i dont think thats entirely fair when theres spoiler tags. So the rule should be like, "dont post untagged spoilers or else you die the death of a thousand men and be feasted upon by Nidhoggr!" So like, guys like Rey who will be posting vids and junk will tag their spoilers with ample warning.

Yeah, that would work a lot better.

I'm importing, so luckily it will be pretty easy to avoid spoilers. And don't worry, I won't spoil anything here or anywhere else (at least not without proper spoiler tags).

i'm going to go with option 6: i don't want to but i have to moderate you chucklefucks for the whole period between JP and US releases.

:(

Same here. Since. . .

No way in hell.

I'm boycotting this subforum once the game is released in Japan, and if there are any assholes out there who think they want to spoil it elsewhere, prepare to be banned.

Man, I'm going to need a drink or something.

Just like Awakening, I'll probably know some details whether I want to or not. Since I have a limited knowledge of Japanese, it also means that screenshots will tell me more than I want them to. :(:

I'm probably going to do what I did for awakening, ill only spoil characters and some supports... then a week before it comes out in America I'll be sitting alone in my room one night and go "AWW EFF IT!!!" and spoil EVERYTHING.

I am also happy to see that our global moderators are so passionate about fire emblem. ^_^

With a new game release comes a new influx of members - this was true for Awakening, and I'm positive it'll be true here. SOMEONE has to make sure that things run smoothly! And it would be awful if poor Integrity was all by himself. :P:

We live to serve! Well. . .I do, at least. :P:

most I'm planning to do is ask friends who've played it what they thought

...and then I'll buy everything anyways at release

possibly any huge gameplay changes/new stuff

possibly

Um,let's be honest--right now, I SAY I only want character, class, and gameplay spoilers, but I'm probably reading the entire script before the NA release because I have the self-control of a much younger child surrounded by candy.

Other than things like how it will be sold and basic plot no I want to experience it for myself. That's part of why I liked Awakening so much is that I paid little to no attention to it and picked it up out of the blue and loved the hell outta it.

Sadly, yes. I'm a weak, weak man who can't resist the temptation of a potentially good story.

On the plus side, I speak some Japanese and own a Japanese 3DS, so I'll be able to play it for myself and get the gist of it; the only problem is that I'll have to choose my faction carefully since I'll be getting the eshop version.

I'll spoil classes, gameplay mechanics and character bios. The actual meat of the story will have to remain off-limits for as long as possible.

Music is a big no-no for me though. Not listening to music before a game is released really adds to the impact imo. Awakening had Don't Speaker Her Name, Id(Serenity) and Id (Purpose) which are some of my favourite pieces in the series. Even simple stuff like the battle music Harvest Scramble was really fun to hear. It's easy not to spoil myself of this too, so I'm doing it with all games now.

I'll probably check out the first few chapters just to get a feel for the story. I'll also probably look at some support conversations for some of the characters. However, I want the main crux of the story to be something I discover myself. Weapons and classes, I'll definitely check out. I'll look into skills too and some gameplay mechanics.