FE2/FE3/Jugdral Reverse Recruitment?

Jedi

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigurd would be "female magefighter"

AFAIK seizing is hardcoded to lordknight so I don't think using any other class would work. This also means Celice's replacement has to promote into whatever the "Lord Knight" class becomes. It does some weird stuff in the arena though.

EDIT: Misread what Marty said, that would probably work.

EDIT EDIT: Also this is a really old patch I made without much intent of finishing, I probably won't make any more progress on it, Tiltyu's just the lord because when I made this patch this topic didn't exist and I was just splitting up gen 1 and gen 2; Tinny was going to be the gen 2 lord.

Actually, I might be able to make this happen if I have enough motivation. I'll see if I can do things I think I can WRT events (like if Altenna was the theoretical lord, she could get a Silver Lance instead of a Silver Sword from Alvis, Ayra's hero sword could cater to her replacement, etc.)

Would people really prefer gen 2 units in gen 1 though? I'm not a fan of using predetermined pairings to determine units stats and skills, plus gen 2 kids would be ridiculous. I'd probably need input on stuff like what items should show up in shops and such too.

Edited by General Horace

I think Gen 2 units would be pretty cool, but both ways would be nice. Maybe something like having the growths be an average of the two predestined parents' stats instead of the growths of one plus half the growths of the other would be a good fix? In terms of skills, you could just try and keep all of the more unique ones while cutting down on the overall number of continues/criticals/charges.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

So, something like Altenna having only continue and Leaf having only critical?

I also thought about just giving characters the skills of their subs, Skasahar would get ambush, Fee continue, etc. Only Janne and Mana don't have skills, and I'd likely give one of them Bargain (because otherwise it can't get passed down).

Edited by General Horace

Another thing about holy weapon users, if Lester ended up replacing Levin, would we just make Lester a holy weapon user and give him Ichieval?

Also with my current knowledge I wouldn't be able to make Altenna the lord of gen 1 without a wyvern being the gen 2 lord, and she's the only one in the game.

Edited by General Horace

I think we should stick with Sety as Levin's replacement, an Faval as Briggid's.

Do you think we could add a new class using hex editors to make a Seizing KL, and give Wyverns seizing ability?

There's no check that I'm aware of that just gives a class the ability to seize, so unless someone (Shin) knows how I don't think so.

I'd think it'd be cooler if Sety didn't replace Levin though, they're pretty much the same unit.

Although honestly if I make the patch i'd likely just make gen 1 reversed (so lord Tiltyu) and then their kids replace the old kids (so Tinny becomes Celice, and I guess Arthur becomes Julia, lol. The amusing part would be Byron giving Tiltyu Thorhammer to use against Reptor who also has it.

Edited by General Horace

Maybe try looking at the class data in a hex editor and see if there are any extra bytes the class nightmare module has a use for? Otherwise I have no idea. Maybe you could just disable junior lord promotions and make the lord of the second gen prepromoted in whatever their promoted class is. Those are the only ideas I have, though your idea for the children is good too.

Yeah I know a good bit about FE4 hacking and what Horace says is right. You can effectively change the Lord Knight class, but like that pic it will still say Lord Knight and the second gen lord will have to promote the the same thing.

I dunno how to work out gen 2 though. For the fixed non children characters, they could just swap (Oifaye = Hannibal, Aless = Johan, Shanan = Johalva) but for the kids its kinda complicated. I could just reverse all the gen 1 females or something. I'd still want Tiltyu as a lord because Claude as a lord just doesn't work very well (since the gen 2 lord would have to be a priest which is uh, lame) so the "mothers would be

Tiltyu = Sigurd

Ethlin = Briggid

Aideen = Fury

Lachesis = Deirdre

Meaning the BEST PAIRING EVER would be Lachesis x Tiltyu but removes Lachesis's kids. Maybe just make the last recruited non Claude playable male the lord and father of Celice? That'd be Beowulf.

I honestly really want to pair Sigurd and Cuan, double major blood so good.

Edited by General Horace

Re: Holy Weapons, my thoughts were to place Major Blood characters so that they could obtain them through other events. For example, replace Sety with Ardan and make the Pursuit Ring event give Holsety.

Re: children, would replacing some men with women and vice versa cause problems with the generation system? A while back I tried hacking Aideen/Ayra to be paired to see what would happen and I got two pairs of subs.

EDIT: Never mind I'm dumb

Edited by Baldrick

I'm not actually sure how the children would work, but imagine if Lex is in Sylvia's character slot, he'd be the mother of Leen and Sylvia.

I'm don't know enough about hacking to replace the pursuit ring with a weapon though.

I should be able to replace everything else though.

Wouldn't you have to change the gender to male, because there's no female axe knight, and then that might cause the love growth/marriage to not be recognized? I have no idea how the system works so I'm just speculating, but it would need to be tested.

Could you change the event with a hex editor so that it calls Holsety's address rather than the Pursuit Ring's? IIRC it's easy to change the Rapier event that way in FE8's prologue, but SNES may work differently.

Wouldn't you have to change the gender to male, because there's no female axe knight, and then that might cause the love growth/marriage to not be recognized? I have no idea how the system works so I'm just speculating, but it would need to be tested.

Could you change the event with a hex editor so that it calls Holsety's address rather than the Pursuit Ring's? IIRC it's easy to change the Rapier event that way in FE8's prologue, but SNES may work differently.

Nah, even though there's no female axe knight animation, if you change the gender to female in the character editor it should theoretically still work. It plays the male axe knight animation regardless and doesn't break. I'm honestly not 100% sure myself.

Theoretically it's probably possible to change it using a hex editor, but I'm not saavy enough to find that particular event. Besides, when would you get the Pursuit Ring otherwise?

Edited by General Horace

I've tried it, it does work. But I found if you replace Azel with Sylvia he'll be a female mage.

Hopefully shin/lorena will know. No Pursuit Ring for you Change the Holsety event in chapter 4 to give the Pursuit Ring as well. It'd be funny if Levin's replacement already has Pursuit.

I've tried it, it does work. But I found if you replace Azel with Sylvia he'll be a female mage.

Hopefully shin/lorena will know. No Pursuit Ring for you Change the Holsety event in chapter 4 to give the Pursuit Ring as well. It'd be funny if Levin's replacement already has Pursuit.

Yeah, you're right about Azel, he replaced Sylvia in my old patch and he was a female mage.

I don't see what's wrong with keeping the pursuit ring where it is though. Can you imagine Holsety in chapter 2?

I personally think it would be cool for some other regalia to be used too, like if Lex theoretically replaced Levin, it'd be neat to get the Swanchika (although it would probably just make the enemies not attack him...) but my point still remains.

Edited by General Horace

If you go into the Player Weapon Editor module you can swap Holsety for what you want the event to give. You'd want to then swap the Pursuit Ring or whatever for Holsety probably or whatever but yeah you can artificially change events this way.

• 2 weeks later...

If you go into the Player Weapon Editor module you can swap Holsety for what you want the event to give. You'd want to then swap the Pursuit Ring or whatever for Holsety probably or whatever but yeah you can artificially change events this way.

That's actually pretty neato, so you could switch it to any other holy weapon, or something.

Although getting it to trigger for the replacement characters may be tricky.

Yeah the Weapon Editor Module is different from the Player Weapon Editor Module. So you can technically give the player any item you want, they just have to have it in the PWE and then you give it to someone or swap it with an event that gives an item. You can have Diadora give Ethlin Swanchika in Chapter 2 for all it matters.

Be careful that an item doesn't show up twice though, that causes both items to deplete and can lead to weird bugs, but if an item comes in a previous chapter you can get it later. For example, if you set it up so two different enemies drop Aura/Rezire in say chapter 7 or 8, the one you didn't give Julia will be droppable while the other one won't be.

• 3 months later...

Recruiting units like Sheema early and unpromoted would certainly help them.

If you go by the recruitment order listed on the main site, Sheema would sadly replace Arran and be promoted. Midia, Samson and Roshea would certainly benefit from being unpromoted though. C1 seems interesting to say the least, you'd get 4 clerics right from the get-go.

EDIT And Elice would be the main lord, how fitting.

Edited by Topazd