Project X Zone 2. It's out everywhere now.

Jedi

I'm totes digging teh dialogue too

I got my fair share of laughs out of the first game, but damn

EDIT: As of now, I just kicked the crap out of Kamuz, clearing Prologue 5.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prologue 5 features my two favorite franchises: FE and Tales of.

Just a random question: What's your opinion of the soundtrack?

To say the truth I don't like most of the remixes.

I think the original of Conquest and Divine Decree are used, but sth. happened to the sound quality. It sounds dulled to me.

I really hate the remix of the Vesperia theme, I REALLY DO!

And I still prefer the original of Fury Sparks.

At least the first attack theme Furnace of War is quite decent.

In general although I haven't played much yet, I can already say that I prefer the soundtrack in the first game.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Thinking about it, does Nullify Counter stop skills like Poison Counter from working? Because I can tell already that stuff like that needs addressing to save me a lot of trouble later on down the road.

Hey people who have the game, just how amazing is Segata?

I'm still trying to figure out how to use him correctly. Alas, I kinda stopped because Fates. :P:

Thinking about it, does Nullify Counter stop skills like Poison Counter from working? Because I can tell already that stuff like that needs addressing to save me a lot of trouble later on down the road.

I think so? I'd need to test this.

Tested it, and it doesn't seem to stop it. Which is irritating as hell.

Taking a break from Conquest, and I lost count at what chapter I'm on. Now that I've had a chance to really play with everyone. . .

- Strider is God Tier. Still. I paired them with Leanne for the frying-pan beatdown of the century.

- Zephyr/Vashyron's Two Shots to the Head does a respectable amount of damage. Their final regular move is a really nifty stun, and stunning is really, REALLY strong in this game (bosses can be hit with it)

- Strongest super still belongs to Akira/Kage, but that's because of the giant CRT bonus they can give themselves. Individual hits were doing something on the order of ~2000 damage.

- Ingrid reminds me of Neneko, complete with wonky-ass hit box.

- Chrom and Lucina are still a disappointment. I really wish the game would stop making Chrom the butt of jokes.

- Shinra's entire strategy should've been to send Flynn to seduce Saya and Sheath. Tee-hee~!

Tested it, and it doesn't seem to stop it. Which is irritating as hell.

Dammit. I guess the only thing that can be done about that crap is to null the status ailment they inflict (those skills even work on fatal attacks, too).

Beat the game. It looks like there's all sorts of nifty things to play around with in NG+. So, rather than doing that, have some thoughts. . .with the one unspoilered one being "don't end the game unless you have some time afterwards, because the ending is kinda long".

- Most damage dealt: 177k by Akira/Kage on that giant God Eater monster thingy. Second-most damage dealt: 163k, by Kite/Haseo on the final boss.

- The full-counter system makes the game run a lot faster. I can clear something like 4-5 enemies on a single EP, which speeds things up.

- Still not fond of the ambush spawns all over the place.

- The inventory system is amazing, and I hope they keep it that way.

- Kinda wonder if there will be a third game. . .and if so, who's going to be the main character. . .

Beat the game. It looks like there's all sorts of nifty things to play around with in NG+. So, rather than doing that, have some thoughts. . .with the one unspoilered one being "don't end the game unless you have some time afterwards, because the ending is kinda long".

What kind of nifty things if I may ask?

What kind of nifty things if I may ask?

Here's what made enough of an impression for me to remember:

- CP is totaled up, then distributed evenly across everyone

- Mirage Cancels cost no XP

- I think there was stuff regarding gold/equips/accessories

First two in the spoiler are really important. . .and if I do a LTC of this game, it will be a straight New Game. Which will probably be sometime in April, assuming that RL shit doesn't get in the way.

Here's what made enough of an impression for me to remember:

- CP is totaled up, then distributed evenly across everyone- Mirage Cancels cost no XP- I think there was stuff regarding gold/equips/accessories

First two in the spoiler are really important. . .and if I do a LTC of this game, it will be a straight New Game. Which will probably be sometime in April, assuming that RL shit doesn't get in the way.

OK whoa those are pretty amazing benefits of NG+. Can't wait to see your ltc run of this ^^.

I finally got this game today and I am really liking it so far. I had a question about how good the first one is compared to this one? I missed the first one and I ended up buying PxZ 2 because the demo was really good and I wanted to know if PxZ is worth my time because I have heard that it is not as good as PxZ 2 and I was wondering what fans of the game had to say?

There's a lot of fundamental improvements to PxZ 2, which make it a lot better, gameplay-wise. There's a few references you'll miss, but it shouldn't impact the plot too much.

The Koryuuji family was the star of PxZ, and they're mentioned quite a bit towards the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Halfway done right now and after a few problems in the beginning this game becomes easier and easier for me.

Though I realized the new feature of the skill improvement only in chapter 17.

Now the AP makes sense to me. Always asked myself what this stat does.

The only issue is that my units are bit unbalanced leveld mainly because of the different movement of my units. Pairings with less movement have issues to catch up the others.

Chun-Li + Ling Xiaoyu and Dimitri + Morrigan are my OP units currently mainly because of the large range of their multi attack.

I really need to get back into this game... Last I checked, I cleared chapter 6 before abruptly stopping.

Any dick levels to beware of, btw?

I really need to get back into this game... Last I checked, I cleared chapter 6 before abruptly stopping.

Chapter 11 was a turn limit mission I had trouble with.

You have to dismantle bombs in 8 turns. One bomb is guarded by a boss.

I couldn't beat him in time and so I couldn't get to the bomb.

That's the only mission I had a problem with.

In general I find 2 easier than 1.

CHAPTER 26 (or something around there).

You'll know it's the one because it has a condition that you haven't seen before, and will never see again. Multi-attacking is the key to winning. Buy some Fried Tofu to refill the XP gauge, because you're going to rely heavily on it.

Have beaten chapter 32.
I guess the end isn't far away. (if this game has the same number of maps like in the prequel)

The map design and the variety of mission objectives surprised me very positively.
It's even more creative than some FE games.

Great job so far!

CHAPTER 26 (or something around there).

You'll know it's the one because it has a condition that you haven't seen before, and will never see again. Multi-attacking is the key to winning. Buy some Fried Tofu to refill the XP gauge, because you're going to rely heavily on it.

This a chapter I'd like to see in a FE game.

[spoiler=Seriously this chapter was fantastic!]
A really great designed defend chapter.

You have to save a large area with only few units.
The enemies come from all sides so you must split your team into 4 groups of 2-3 allies.

You have to use XP, FP items to make excellent use of the multi attacks and the movement of your units.
You really have to think.

I had to replay this once because I couldn't reach one flying enemy in time. (defeated all the others)

Shadow Kite was very annoying because of his 100% counter.