Will 2D portraits look pixellated on N3DSXL?

HeartTranquil

Don't have a capture card, sorry! This is how Awakening looks on my New 3DS XL:

hBzz13m.jpg
KgSdlUE.jpg
HZU7QAm.jpg

Doesn't really look bad to me, the differences from a regular-sized old 3DS aren't that significant. In fact I enjoy it more on such a large screen.

Edited by Ryo

...Yes? But it's not like you're gonna play it while staring at such a close distance.

It's best to compare the pictures I posted above with your own 3DS screen to see if it's really worth it. I'm not sure how much sharp do you require so it's hard to answer your question precisely.

Edited by Ryo

...Yes? But it's not like you're gonna play it while staring at such a close distance.

It's best to compare the pictures I posted above with your own 3DS screen to see if it's really worth it. I'm not sure how much sharp do you require so it's hard to answer your question precisely.

well i guess its not as sharp as Vita screen? can I see pixellation in the hair and the eyes and face area of the 2dportraits? will it really ruin the image?

well i guess its not as sharp as Vita screen? can I see pixellation in the hair and the eyes and face area of the 2dportraits? will it really ruin the image?

The 3DS family has always been inferior to the Vita in terms of graphic and resolution. It's only 240p as compared to the Vita's 540p. So of course you'll see some pixelation. But again, you won't be staring at a close distance for those pixelation to look hideous.

...Why do I have the feeling you didn't even bother seeing the pictures that I posted? Whether it "ruins the image" or not is a very subjective matter, only you can see for yourself. Personally, I don't think it ruins anything.

Edited by Ryo

I've seen it, I find my current original 3DS screen size to be way too small. My friend has an XL, and she bought it and allowed me to play for a few days though she did not have FEA.

Well I will get one then, because the larger screen size seems to give more immersion. And the more details can be appreciated.

How come there are so many "lines" on your 3DS XL?

Edited by HeartTranquil

I apologize if I sound offensive in the previous post.

The lines have always been there actually, even on the regular 3DS. My phone's camera didn't do it any justice either, you can trust me that it didn't look anywhere near that hideous when viewed with naked eyes.

Anyway, you should consider carefully before purchasing it. The only confirmed "graphical enhancement" from the old 3DS that I've known so far is the better color management (which you can see in various comparison videos on Youtube). The 3D view has also been improved. Some has reported that the new 3DS renders 3D textures better, but I'm not really sure about this.

Edited by Ryo

But if you look closely at the 2D portraits can you notice the pixels? Do they make the images less sharp?

3D Models like this are pretty much algorithmically designed; they're not going to look that much choppier when you look at it on a screen that's slightly larger than the standard 3DS screen. Unless your eyes are three inches from the screen, you won't notice a detail drop

No probs! So you cannot actually see those "lines" when you're normally playing your 3DS XL right? I never see those "lines"?

Might this be a problem of your camera?

It's a camera issue

No probs! So you cannot actually see those "lines" when you're normally playing your 3DS XL right? I never see those "lines"?

Might this be a problem of your camera?

No, you won't see them unless you're deliberately looking for them XD They're just how the 3DS screen is if I'm not mistaken.