What Should Roy's Final Smash Be?

Jotari

the issue isn't that he DOES marry them all, it's that they're all interested in himbesides A support is only for paired ending; that doesn't mean he didn't date them all at one point or anotherwrt teaming up I would imagine they'd rather keep it exclusive to robin, as a reference to FE13's pair-up mechanic

I don't imagine FE characters date.

How about we just give him Mario's final smash, but with a cool looking sword.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Wait. Dude has 6 girlfriends? He's like 10 though

He's 15, according to the manga.

It's not a true harem unless he can A support ALL of them at once.

I think he's 15? This doesn't matter though, since he can only reach A-support with one, so.. only one girlfriend.

Seriously guys, why do you keep saying he has a harem?

He's more the subject of the jokes because 6 is the highest potential girlfriend count of any lord via supports.

And it's just kinda amusing to think about.

...I feel like maybe this thread should just expand into "what should changes to roy's moveset include" in general?

He's more the subject of the jokes because 6 is the highest potential girlfriend count of any lord via supports.

kamui will probably dethrone roy from that position with MARY SUE POWERS, at least

...I feel like maybe this thread should just expand into "what should changes to roy's moveset include" in general?

Coincidentally I've just uploaded a video detailing all my current ideas.

I had a concept a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. That will absolutely never happen, but whats the harm in posting it here.

Basically Roy would use an Iaijutsu sword style, (as in his animations with the Sword of Seals he regularly sheaths and unsheathes the blade).

All of his strikes would be decently fast, depending on the strike, although his lag would be simulated by his sheathing time, his out of shield combat would be where he'd shine as this style is a counter-sword style. He'd also have relatively fast movement, nothing insane though. His range would be broad, as his swings would be less graceful than that of Marth or Lucina, but not quite Ike's smashing style, it would be a wide arcing horizontal style somewhat, also all the fire.

His B's would become.

Neutral B - Flame Projectile.

Down B Sword of Seals Healing Counter (The SoS has a healing abillity and this counter would be hard to land but if done, Roy would gain some % back)

Side B and Up B can remain the same.

Unless you want his Side B to become his old Neutral B with a small dash or something.

... Perhaps Roy's side special lets him do his attack animation when using the SoS?

Edited by ScarletFlame

I would talk about things I'd like for Roy's moveset but at this point it would basically involve him looking like project m roy

actually

remember how people were talking about how lucina would be a faster / etc marth? and then later how people like to say she's a more aggro / rushdown version of marth?

might be interesting to make roy actually that, instead of just a worse marth

I'd love it if it was not a one-time "event" smash, like Ike's, marth's, and many others' smashes are.

Instead I'd like it to be an attack modifier. His A attacks, tilts, aerials, smashes, etc. should all gain fire properties, dealing more damage and gain extra range with the fire, in true Binding Blade fashion.

ok guys raven wins everyone go home

like while many of roy's attacks already carry fire properties, making them stronger + ridiculous disjoint would be hella sick

I had a concept a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. That will absolutely never happen, but whats the harm in posting it here.

Basically Roy would use an Iaijutsu sword style, (as in his animations with the Sword of Seals he regularly sheaths and unsheathes the blade).

All of his strikes would be decently fast, depending on the strike, although his lag would be simulated by his sheathing time, his out of shield combat would be where he'd shine as this style is a counter-sword style. He'd also have relatively fast movement, nothing insane though. His range would be broad, as his swings would be less graceful than that of Marth or Lucina, but not quite Ike's smashing style, it would be a wide arcing horizontal style somewhat, also all the fire.

His B's would become.

Neutral B - Flame Projectile.

Down B Sword of Seals Healing Counter (The SoS has a healing abillity and this counter would be hard to land but if done, Roy would gain some % back)

Side B and Up B can remain the same.

Unless you want his Side B to become his old Neutral B with a small dash or something.

As much as I imagine the DED would be a better move in general, I'd prefer if Roy kept the Flare Blade and had his side special be the fire blast. He should keep his hilariously game breaking counter from Melee, too. His Up B should be changed to be non-offensive and just be a super jump. I mean, look at his FE6 animation. He's got some ups.

As much as I imagine the DED would be a better move in general, I'd prefer if Roy kept the Flare Blade and had his side special be the fire blast. He should keep his hilariously game breaking counter from Melee, too. His Up B should be changed to be non-offensive and just be a super jump. I mean, look at his FE6 animation. He's got some ups.

He can backflip super good yeah.

I would much rather have a damaging recovery (assuming reasonable distance) than a linear, non-damaging one, even if it did go further.

If his melee neutral special is kept, his neutral special could spike opponents off the edge and be used as a good edge guarding tool like Ike's, but with more horizontal range instead of going straight down. Have a small wave of fire come out from the ground too.

Side special could be this... http://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Sword-of-Seals/Update%2068/24-SoSranged.gif

...like Palutena's explosive flame.

I don't think Roy needs a healing move. I actually like the fact that most characters have counter, keep counter.

All I can think of for up special is Marth's.

Critical hit for Roy's final smash, but use the Sword of Seals animation from HIS game.

Edited by Rabbattack

Quick question... What's with the fixation on Roy? Is he really that popular in Japan? I haven't played his games, to be honest, but from what I've seen from his personality that even Eliwood sounds more interesting, and he was bland.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Quick question... What's with the fixation on Roy? Is he really that popular in Japan? I haven't played his games, to be honest, but from what I've seen from his personality that even Eliwood sounds more interesting, and he was bland.

Sword of Seals did well In Japan, Roy was pretty popular in Melee, Sword of Seals also has a popular manga. Roy remains one of their favorite lords as well.

Roy is more of a intellectual general, then a fighter. He's interesting when you dig, the manga shows this as does Sword of Seals were it translated in a more interesting way then just (lets get the words out there so it makes sense).

I also disagree with Eliwood being bland seeing as he's my favorite lord.

Edited by Jedi

I actually like Roy as a character. Funnily enough the game doesn't focus much on him but from what we do know he seems like a pretty cool dude. He's an intellectual more than a fighter, being in the middle of studying before his position is trust upon him. He's patient and intelligent, managing to beat Bern in the first half not by facing them head on ala Ephraim but by gaining the backing of a more powerful nation. He's also wise enough to not go rushing off when Elphin tells him his father might be in danger despite how Elphin phrases the rumor. We know he's compassionate due to his unwillingness to kill Idoun and he is driven to learn more, telling Yahnn he must know everything about his enemy if he is to properly fight them. And despite fighting being something he evidently has no love for, he still raises to the challenge and fights for what's right. As annoying as his late promotion is it exemplifies a lot of these traits.

He's also a total pimp.

That's my opinion of Roy.Honestly if I was thrust into the same situation as him he's the kind of person I hope I could be.

Edited by Jotari

That's my opinion of Roy.Honestly if I was trust into the same situation as him he's the kind of person I hope I could be.

I kinda paraphrased your post there haha ^^ and same here.

Nononono, I've got it now.

• Roy slashes the screen, catching anything in it...
  • Sue lets loose a load of arrows from Murgleis
  • Shanna, Thite, and Juno, with Shanna at the lead, swarm the enemy in a Triangle Attack
  • While the opponents are launched upwards, an Aircalibur from Cecilia spikes them right down.
  • Sophia uses Apocalypse, consuming everything in a void of dark hell.
  • Lilina casts Forblaze, raining down FIRE!
  • Lalum dances for Roy, allowing him to crit with the SoS.

There. Better than just using a Critical Hit, right?