Soldier, Revenant, and Untombed

If you are referring to FE13n then no. They are simply the Goombas if you will of Fire Emblem, intended to be defeated easily by low-leveled units. It;s only in FE9 and FE10 that soldiers got a promotion and became of use, until FE13 came and made them useless again : [ . Technically, Untombed is the promotion of Revenants, though it's a mere palette swap that still has bad stats .

If you are referring to FE13n then no. They are simply the Goombas if you will of Fire Emblem, intended to be defeated easily by low-leveled units. It;s only in FE9 and FE10 that soldiers got a promotion and became of use, until FE13 came and made them useless again : [ . Technically, Untombed is the promotion of Revenants, though it's a mere palette swap that still has bad stats .

He's not talking about how they act in-game, he's talking about what happens when you hack it and try to make them act like normal classes (eg can you promote them, do they get skills etc). I don't know about their skills (I assume they get none), but I do know they're all special classes and have no promotions.

It's not a reskin, they have to be separate classes in the game data for it to work. Sharing a lot of resources is still possible, though- a lot of classes share animations.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

It's not a reskin, they have to be separate classes in the game data for it to work. Sharing a lot of resources is still possible, though- a lot of classes share animations.

Ah, yeah. Iirc Anna has a pot on her head like Donnel, so that's sort of what tipped me off.

Sorry, Forceman! I misunderstood your question. Hacking FE13's code hasn't progressed very much yet, so we don't really know.

I suppose this will be a question for Vincent to answer once he's gotten deeper into the code. Thanks anyway!

Basically what Yoshi said. I feel like Soldiers might just be a reskinned Villager/Anna, since all three classes share the same animation. However, Anna's level cap looks to be 20.

Apo!Anna is lvl 30.

There's a class editor with the file to read (most of) the class data in the first post of the FE: Awakening hacking topic ^^

IIRC, those three classes are nothing special, but Soldiers have Pair Up bonuses for some reason.

Edited by VincentASM

There's a class editor with the file to read (most of) the class data in the first post of the FE: Awakening hacking topic ^^

IIRC, those three classes are nothing special, but Soldiers have Pair Up bonuses for some reason.

Maybe a character with the Soldier class was going to be playable. Or maybe the devs were experimenting with enemy pair ups.