What do you think of cons?

IceBrand

I've been to Anime Detour in Minnesota, twice now, going on three next year.

Pictures here. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52951&hl=

But yeah, I like it. Kinda nerdy but that's a good thing! Fun to cosplay too, my sister and I are doing Alex and Ash from Hotline Miami next year. I was Link from TLoZ both years and my sister was Parasoul from Skullgirls both years.

Edited by Dracocoa

I like the idea, but the one that is in my city is really expensive and so I have never been because the price to get in is more then a 3DS game, if they ever lower the price to something I would be willing to pay I might go but not until then.

Oh, also, you get Streetpasses up the butt with certain conventions. On my new 3DS that I got on my birthday, a majority of my Streetpasses are from AnimeDetour.

Oh, also, you get Streetpasses up the butt with certain conventions. On my new 3DS that I got on my birthday, a majority of my Streetpasses are from AnimeDetour.

My friend said he got over 100 streetpasses in one day during some New York comicon (comiccon? comic-con?).

i plan on dressing up as a character from an obscure japanese game this year at a local convention

i usually blow all my money on posters and figures from cons because my parents don't approve of me ordering them online

I dont mind them. However, i doubt ill ever go to one. Its not exactly the kind of environment that can find myself being pleased with being in. (unless someone was there that i would really really want to see. Like Tom Hiddleston, Maisie Williams, Tilda Swinton, or Nikolaj Coster-Waldeau)

The two cons I've been to were pretty cool, and I didn't experience any stank. The ridiculous number of attractive shirtless guys in Kamina cosplay might've helped

The two cons I've been to were pretty cool, and I didn't experience any stank. The ridiculous number of attractive shirtless guys in Kamina cosplay might've helped

Verily.

I went to Sakura Con at the start of this month. Loads of fun, would totally recommend it, especially if you're cosplaying. Also, you can get all kinds of anime/manga/game stuff like shirts and posters and figures and body pillows

Also, yeah, shirtless Kamina cosplayers out the wazoo.