The Nosferatu and La Bocca della Verità

Thane

Hello everyone.

I'm not as knowledgable of Fire Emblem as many people on this site, but if memory serves, monsters aside from dragons have never been a particularly big part of the series, correct? However, it certainly looks like that might change with this next installment.

What, or who are the Nosferatu and La Bocca della Verità? Are they man-made, or are they simply monsters whose backstory we won't really touch upon? During the Nintendo Direct, after the trailer had been shown, we were treated to a few more scenes while they were talking about the game. In one of those scenes, Kamui encounters a Nosferatu, and expresses his surprise at meeting one there, wherever they are. That's pretty much all information we've got so far.

What do you all think?

Edited by Thane

Hello everyone.

I'm not as knowledgable of Fire Emblem as many people on this site, but if memory serves, monsters aside from dragons have never been a particularly big part of the series, correct? However, it certainly looks like that might change with this next installment.

What, or who are the Nosferatu and La Bocca della Verità? Are they man-made, or are they simply monsters whose backstory we won't really touch upon? During the Nintendo Direct, after the trailer had been shown, we were treated to a few more scenes while they were talking about the game. In one of those scenes, Kamui encounters a Nosferatu, and expresses his surprise at meeting one there, wherever they are. That's pretty much all information we've got so far.

What do you all think?

Monsters only appear in Gaiden and Sacred Stones iirc. I don't want to call Risen monsters outside of revenants...

The ogre-like monster we saw looks like it will belong to a neutral faction (chaotic-evil, rather). I'd like to see monsters as just being part of the world and not "the legions of hell summoned by the dark dragon god". Kamui's shock at seeing Nosferatu could be attributed to the unatural increase or range of the monsters. I'm betting on the Mouth of Truth being a magical construct created by Nohr. Now I really want to see a Hoshido chapter based on evading it and attacking it from afar with ballista.

Edited by NekoKnight

Monsters only appear in Gaiden and Sacred Stones iirc. I don't want to call Risen monsters outside of revenants...

The ogre-like monster we saw looks like it will belong to a neutral faction (chaotic-evil, rather). I'd like to see monsters as just being part of the world and not "the legions of hell summoned by the dark dragon god". Kamui's shock at seeing Nosferatu could be attributed to the unatural increase or range of the monsters. I'm betting on the Mouth of Truth being a magical construct created by Nohr. Now I really want to see a Hoshido chapter based on evading it and attacking it from afar with ballista.

I agree with this because the Mouth of Truth is based off of a European artifact, as such it would make no sense for the Japanese inspired Hoshido to be affiliated with it.

As for the regular monsters , it is unlikely I feel for it to be a dark dragon god based on the scenario we have been given so far. That is barring the third route going back to the tried and true Fire Emblem formula of dark dragon big bad.

Hello everyone.

What do you all think?

Doma in Gaiden was basically a Dark god.

Then we had the Demon King in Sacred Stones who was well a demon king lol. So this won't be the first time.

Edited by Jedi

Doma in Gaiden was basically a Dark god.

Then we had the Demon King in Sacred Stones who was well a demon king lol. So this won't be the first time.

That was never the main point of my question. I know there are monsters in the series, but you mostly fight bandits and people from other nations, and then you've got the occasional revenant, Laguz, Grima, and so on.

Anyway, I've been wondering if the Nosferatu are failed human experiments. From what little we've seen, they seem like mindless beasts; perhaps they were supposed to become a Bocca della Verità but the process of turning them into one got messed up?

That was never the main point of my question. I know there are monsters in the series, but you mostly fight bandits and people from other nations, and then you've got the occasional revenant, Laguz, Grima, and so on.

The very end (like the last 3ish maps) of The Sacred Stones have you fighting nothing but monsters. (And Reiv, but he's so ugly he can be a monster)

I thought it was just called the mouth of truth or something. but I guess that shows how much I don't know ^_^U.

That's what it means in English, so you weren't necessarily wrong.