FIre Emblem If I even bother...

Darkof

FIre Emblem If I even bother buying it. Maybe a bad title for this debate but here goes.

The debate is about Fire Emblem if and is it worth buying it?

"If" I understood it correctly there will be 3 paths for your main avatar/main character to choose, side with one of countries or none. And to get them all you have to pay cash for each or buy a complete edition. To me this sounds horrible and don't like it; pay with real money to choose my characters' destiny, yeah I so buy that - not. Yet I probably will buy the complete edition since I like Fire Emblem. Will Fire Emblem if be a title that feels like its own or will it be another Sacred Stone-copy? I mean, how "unique" will Fire Emblem if really be? I have a bad feeling that this game will have short campaign, pointless and expensive DLCs and bad story - another Fire Emblem awakening game.

Will Fire Emblem if bring something new to the series? Not just a "lord that can transform into a dragon". New ways to convince new characters; through bribe, items, missions or levels; Carla and Barte, support conversations or conqurer a castle. More effects from terrain, Skills are equiped - same way as weapons - yes Fire Emblem 9 and 10 had that but seperate and not in same inventory. No statups - buy skills instead. Turnbased depends on speed and luck, and so on.

So what do you guys think about Fire Emblem if? Worth buying?

No one can answer your questions at this point I'm afraid. No one knows what to expect from this game other than the facts that were already announced. Since we're getting it about 1 year later than the Jpn version, there's enough time for you to peek around LPs or reviews and decide for yourself whether or not to buy it.

It's far too early to know if it will add new things to series. The game comes out in Japan in just two months, so we'll know then. From what we know so far, it seems like branching paths are much different from FE8. I think it is better to view it as two separate campaigns, rather than a simple route split. There is also nothing that suggests that this will be cluttered with pointless DLC (like FE13's). This definitely has potential to be very interesting, unlike FE8 which was incredibly boring. Also people give Awakening shit, and it definitely deserves some of it, but at least is was a different experience from other games in the series.

Edited by Zvarri!

• 2 months later...