2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

I've said before this season that I think the Bears will finish last in the NFC North not because they're bad, but because they're in an absolutely brutal division. I do see them doing better than 3-13 however.

Meh the Lions and Vikings haven't looked particularly impressive yet. The NFC as a whole other than the Packers, Cardinals and Falcons looks like a trainwreck so far though so it's probably true the North is the NFC's best division at this point.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lions look like they're in disarray right now.

They just need to get their shit together, then bam they look scary.

They have a couple weapons on offense, their defense has a lot of good pieces to them. It makes you wonder why they're struggling.

North is the best division in the AFC too, lol. And funny thing is, north is "up." As in, teams should go up. XD

So, I'm starting to think that Big Ben is the best QB at deep balls. He threw a good bunch vs the Niners and I don't think he missed any of them! I also remember a bunch of deep balls he successfully completed last season. I think I've seen some others say Ben's the most accurate/best deep ball passer too. The guy just makes it look so easy these days!

North is the best division in the AFC too, lol. And funny thing is, north is "up." As in, teams should go up. XD

So, I'm starting to think that Big Ben is the best QB at deep balls. He threw a good bunch vs the Niners and I don't think he missed any of them! I also remember a bunch of deep balls he successfully completed last season. I think I've seen some others say Ben's the most accurate/best deep ball passer too. The guy just makes it look so easy these days!

I'd say the AFC East is better than the AFC North pretty easily actually. The Jets look really good (maybe because of who they've played against but 10 turnovers forced in two games is great defense), the Patriots are literally the best team in football right now and the Bills are playing fine.

Eh, the Steelers and Bengals are both really good, the Browns look decent now, and the Ravens...well, they don't look too great right now, but they could bounce back. And the division could still see three teams in the playoffs again. So for now, I still say the North is the best in the AFC.

I disagree that the Patriots are the best team right now. Their defense is just too bad. I don't even think the Steelers are the best for the same reason, though their D looked a lot better in week 2 than week 1. I think the Packers are the best right now. And I don't even like them much...

AFC East is beast. Each team is remarkably competent for the first time in a very long time. It's truly a far cry from what people assume the division is comprised of (Pats + shit)

The Steelers still have a crap defense, the Browns have a midget at QB, the Bengals will implode come the playoffs and we won't be hearing about Ball So Hard University this season.

I agree with basically all of Cynthia's picks this week besides the Bengals vs Ravens game. It's still September and the Ravens looked really bad against the Raiders.

define "really bad"

two strange plays from like 41 points instead of 33 (steve smith being held in the endzone with 3 seconds left on the clock, an uncharacteristic miss to steve smith by Flacco and smith not tapping his feet in) and 500 yards on offense... our offense looked great

our defense looked atrocious and this is what scares me against the bengals. Our receivers may not match their secondary well either. Fuck the Bengals anyway, I fucking hate them almost as much as the Steelers and Patriots.

1. Yeah I know I've picked against the Chargers every week...I think they're ok it's just how the schedule's worked so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win here.

2. Bengals are the 'sensible' choice here, they're rolling, Ravens are struggling, it's 1 pm, Bengals have won four of the past five against the Ravens- but Ravens have managed wins with their backs against the wall before.

3.It is a little hard to say how bad the Bears are, since the Packers and Cardinals might be the two best teams in the NFC right now...but they have a lot of issues and the 'bad' teams tended to win last week. I'd have to say they're near the bottom.

4. I really question the NFC North being considered better than the NFC West right now. Definitely not sure about the AFC North either- the AFC East looks pretty good and the AFC West is pretty solid too.

The Patriots' D hasn't played well while their top defensive lineman is injured. They haven't stopped the run. Across the board though, the Patriots have better talent at each position imo

What? Yeah, no... Antonio Brown has gotten more TDs, yards, and receptions than any of your receivers did last year. I know, because the only receiver that got more TDs than him was Dez Bryant and nobody got more yards and receptions than AB. And he was competing with Ben's other weapons for those passes. He also almost never fumbles, and he can make sweet one-handed catches. He almost always picks up more yards after the catch too. And he's fast.

Le'Veon Bell statistically wasn't the top RB, but I'm pretty sure he beat out LeGarrette Blount. I think he was at most, the #2 RB statwise. And he's got a lot of talent. He can't just run the ball really well, he can function as a receiver and he can block. And on top of that, he almost never fumbles. He only has one fumble in his resume so far and that's out of two seasons.

As for Brady vs Ben, Brady is better in the pocket and gets the ball out faster, so he is a bit better than Ben. Ben is still very good in his own right though, hard to tackle, good at buying time, and as I've said above, he's great with deep balls.

Gronk is better than Heath Miller though, I have to admit that. Heath is getting up there in years, however.

Edelman and Gronk are your only notable offensive weapons, while Ben has AB, Bell, Martavis Bryant, Markus Wheaton, Heath Miller, DeAngelo Williams, and now Darrius Heyward-Bey who's proven himself to be a worthy backup receiver.

Your Patriots' offense only beat us because our stupid secondary couldn't cover leftover food, our kicker sucks, and the offense missed big opportunities. But a few missed opportunities doesn't mean less talent.

Teams I hate: Chiefs, Patriots, Cowboys, Raiders (well, maybe not right now after Sunday... :P But usually, I do), Ravens, Browns. Yeah, I don't really hate the Bengals. They're kinda cool. I like the striped helmets. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, yeah I can since our D has been playing better than yours, like I said. The Patriots D allowed 21 points and then 32. The Steelers have allowed 28 and 18. That's less than what your D allowed. Our secondary is kind of sucky, but our front seven is pretty decent. Meanwhile, DeAngelo Williams had a field day against your front seven and he's our BACKUP. Imagine what Bell would've done!

2. Bengals are the 'sensible' choice here, they're rolling, Ravens are struggling, it's 1 pm, Bengals have won four of the past five against the Ravens- but Ravens have managed wins with their backs against the wall before.

this is misleading

4 of the last 5 includes:

1 game from 2012 where we benched our starters before the playoffs because we clinched a 4 seed and they clinched a 6 seed

2 games from 2013 where we split

2 games from 2014 which were won on last second bengals drives to score (and Flacco coming very very close to bringing us back, one being a penalty away and one where we marched down to their 20)

as it stands, in 2014, we had a losing record in one score games. This year, we are 0-2 in one score games. I think the Bengals are a safe bet if only because our pass rush looked fucking terrible last week (although losing a 3 down 3-4 OLB is a fucking big deal, especially when he's basically slated for the Hall of Fame), but I wouldn't say our last 5 matchups trend towards a definitive win.

Your run D didn't stop DeAngelo even before that guy got hurt. On his first carry, he got like 18 yards!

And your defense decided not to cover Gronk at all on one play. I guess that means they're the worst defense ever, right? I mean, come on. Back to your own goal line and you can't even line up across from the top offensive weapon in the game? Lol Edited by chococoke

Yeah, that was fucked up, but remember, there were communication problems too. They actually HAD Gronk covered better before that started. And like I said, the secondary isn't as good as the front seven.

Pats D gave up 32 points to Tyrod Taylor and almost lost the game in the end if it weren't for a lucky int that bounced off Sammy Watkin's hands.

Arguing who's defense is better between the Pats and Steelers is a bit silly as they're both among the worst in the entire league.

lets not judge defenses until a few more weeks have passed

ravens D looked amazing against the Broncos (save an 11 minute drive) holding those fuckers to 12 points but got absolutely massacred by the Raiders

ravens O could not do shit against the Broncos until the last two minutes where Flacco gets picked on a one in a thousand play and Steve Smith makes a one in a million drop. But Flacco absolutely cock slapped the Raiders on defense.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, I think Lord Raven has the right idea, actually. I'll wait until a few more games to make anymore arguments....if I feel like making anymore. :P

On another note, Big Ben is AFC Offensive Player of the Week! :3

Edited by Anacybele

Secondaries, maybe. But whole defences? Nah son

I don't know. The run defense has been awful and it's hard to tell if the pass rush is really that good or if sunday's game was a fluke. Ben had all day to throw when they played the Steelers.

I think this is just another situation where Bill's ego is going to cost the team another chance at a SB. I mean, I just don't understand how you let Revis, Browner, and Arrington all go and then sign the literal worst CB in the entire league in Bradley Fletcher. It almost seems like intentional trolling at that point.

Raven certainly has a point though. It is early, but these first two weeks are very reminiscent of the 2011 season, which is troublesome.

On an unrelated note, Stafford is all kinds of banged up and gets to face Von Miller and D-Ware this sunday. Fun. -_-

Edited by Team Alucard