2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

All right picks time:

Ravens at Steelers- Yes, I know it's Vick starting, but with all the weapons he has I like them at home on a short week. The Ravens inability to run the ball and lack of pass rush worries me.

Jets vs. Dolphins- Jets kinda came back down to earth last week, Fitzpatrick looked about how we expected him to. The Dolphins look awful though.

Raiders at Bears- Picking the Raiders to win a consecutive road game and their third game in a row feels a little crazy, but their offense is rolling right now. The Bears are completely one dimensional with Clausen and their defense is pretty bad.

Texans at Falcons- The Texans managed to beat the Bucs mainly because of the Bucs kicking issues- Falcons are on a different level offensively especially with how Julio Jones is playing.

Giants at Bills- Looks like McCoy is doubtful for the Bills which might hurt their running game a little and Cruz should be returning for the Giants, but I like the Bills defense against a suspect Giants o-line.

Jaguars at Colts- Julius Thomas might make his debut for the Jaguars this week. Colts offense finally stopped sputtering last week, but it was just barely enough...they still have a lot of questions but I think they will still manage to win here.

Chiefs at Bengals- Chiefs on a consecutive road game after a short week and the Bengals are just generally really good at 1pm in general, they're 18-3-1 overall and 10-1-1 at home at that time over the past few years.

Eagles at Redskins- The Eagles did look better last week, though still not great at throwing the ball and the Redskins looked about how we expected them to look. I don't have much confidence in the Eagles, but it's too tough to pick the Redskins with how many holes they have.

Panthers at Bucs- Another week, another subpar Panthers opponent. Their defense is playing well and Cam Newton is making stuff happen on offense. Bucs are the Bucs.

Browns at Chargers- Josh McCown threw 49 times against the Raiders- not really sure what they're trying to do in Cleveland. Chargers defense should look better than in recent weeks here against a limited Browns offense.

Packers at Niners- Niners have been carved up by Roethlisberger and Palmer in recent weeks and this looks like another offense ready to pile the points on them. Kaepernick looks so bad that there are questions about him being the starting QB- and for the record the backup for the Niners is Blaine Gabbert.

Rams at Cardinals- Cardinals are at home, they're rolling on both sides of the ball and the Rams offense has been sputtering...though Cardinals fans must be a little worried about Palmer getting hurt here.

Vikings at Broncos- Vikings have had two strong games on both sides of the ball since week one, but the Broncos are much better up front than the Lions or Chargers. Broncos at home have been a very good bet in the Manning era(23-2 in the regular season)

Cowboys at Saints- Brees may or may not be playing, but Luke McCown looked pretty decent anyway. Cowboys couldn't get anything done offensively in the second half last week and the Falcons torched them. If their Romo and Bryant-less season keeps looking like that, it'll be rough.

Lions at Seahawks- Seahawks defense looked back in form last week- against the Bears granted but the Lions have been struggling to protect Stafford and run the ball.

Edited by -Cynthia-

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I can see the Steelers beating the Ravens and Chargers even without Ben. Chiefs will be tough, though. But the Cardinals?

...*prays they only looked good because they beat bad teams* Sry, Jedi...

Rams at Cardinals- Cardinals are at home, they're rolling on both sides of the ball and the Rams offense has been sputtering...though Cardinals fans must be a little worried about Palmer getting hurt here.

Oh yeah, believe me I don't want a repeat of last year.

Yeah, I can see the Steelers beating the Ravens and Chargers even without Ben. Chiefs will be tough, though. But the Cardinals?

...*prays they only looked good because they beat bad teams* Sry, Jedi...

Lol its fine, we have our own teams to be hopeful for, I understand completely.

Heh, true that. You're a good sport, Jedi. :)

Oh yeah, I'm also annoyed that that one ref is getting away with lying about what he told Cam Newton. Yeah, his lips looked like he told him "you were running" but he said something else after that. Cam has no reason to lie, he did nothing wrong. Whereas, that ref would have to lie to protect his job. I remember that ref too, he's been around awhile.

Oh yeah, I'm also annoyed that that one ref is getting away with lying about what he told Cam Newton. Yeah, his lips looked like he told him "you were running" but he said something else after that. Cam has no reason to lie, he did nothing wrong. Whereas, that ref would have to lie to protect his job. I remember that ref too, he's been around awhile.

The fuck is wrong with you, woman?

Do you know Cam Newton personally? It's one thing to like a football player; it's another to treat them as a living god. Seriously, shut the fuck up right now so that you can stop embarrassing yourself.

The "ref who have to lie to protect his job" is Ed Hochuli. He's been officiating games since before Cam Newton was born (seriously, Hochuli started officiating in '90 while Newton was born in '89). I'm pretty sure that Hochuli knows exactly what the fuck he is talking about when he said that Cam Newton didn't deserve that call because he was running and not sliding.

I have issues with the refs too. Like the ref from Buffalo/NE game working for the company that was contracted to build Gillette Stadium, bringing up a major conflict of interest. But what you just said is beyond stupid.

So stop. Please. Just shut up next time you decide to run your mouth about shit you have no clue about.

Uh, wow. Firstly, there's no reason to flame me.

Second, you're the one who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. This has NOTHING to do with Cam as a person or how long the ref has been officiating (I'm also well aware that the guy has been doing that a very long time), or the actual call. I never said anything about the call being wrong or right. That doesn't fucking matter in this case.

Cam did nothing wrong during that play or the game from what I've seen, so why would he go and lie about what Hochuli said to him after, WHETHER THE CALL WAS CORRECT OR NOT? You can't hear anything that's said on the field, so the ref and the players can say what they want and get away with it, pretty much. But what reason does Cam have to lie about what he heard? Where's it said anywhere that he has something against Hochuli or something? Hochuli, on the other hand, would get in trouble if he really told Cam that he was too young to get the call. So he DOES have a motive to lie about it. And if you look at Cam's reaction to what he said, he clearly heard something that he thought was messed up.

I'm also getting fucking sick of you calling me stupid and ridiculing my knowledge. You're the one that needs to shut your fucking mouth.

Edited by Anacybele

Can't really make a judgment here, hard to know who exactly said what. Maybe Hochuli said something inappropriate, maybe Cam just wants attention, maybe Hochuli said something that ended up getting misinterpreted or misheard etc. It's one of those things that you really don't know unless you were actually there.

Allegedly Cam's complaint was that he did not get roughing the passer called, for the record.

Edited by -Cynthia-

haha fuk u

:(

Anyway instead of saying "Ballghazi - the greatest scandal that never was" or whatever I want something else. I don't wanna come up with it cause I haven't been following nearly enough to feel comfortable to speak for our relatively small NFL community.

Hey, I'd be worried about more than just the Rams if I were you guys. xP The Rams didn't injure Tony Romo, Drew Brees, Jay Cutler, Josh McCown, or Matthew Stafford. This is the QB curse I was actually referring to earlier when Ben first went down. I actually had forgotten who Palmer got hurt against last year.

Can't really make a judgment here, hard to know who exactly said what. Maybe Hochuli said something inappropriate, maybe Cam just wants attention, maybe Hochuli said something that ended up getting misinterpreted or misheard etc. It's one of those things that you really don't know unless you were actually there.

Allegedly Cam's complaint was that he did not get roughing the passer called, for the record.

I remember Cam talking about Hochuli's reasoning for not giving him the call and not liking the reasoning. But you're right, he might've somehow misheard or something. We'll never know at this point...