2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

I saw, and YES, the Steelers got the Bengals in week 2! That means we won't have to deal with fucking Vontaze Burfict for one game! He got a three-game suspension, remember. I just hope everyone else can just keep their cool. Burfict wasn't the only one causing BS in that playoff game.

Also, there's apparently a player who wants to be drafted by the Steelers just so he can sack Andy Dalton. I like him already.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedules have been posted for the upcoming season. Jaguars host the Packers- I guess it's not the worst, will probably be hot and opening day weirdness benefits weaker teams.

That's what I'm afraid of.

The Browns schedule is actually not as bad for us as the last few years (of course, it's the Browns, so a "not as bad" schedule is still really fucking brutal). However, the Browns are also probably going to be at their weakest in a long time, and that's saying a lot. I just hope we don't waste our #2 pick on a QB, especially now that the Rams traded to move ahead of us to almost certainly get one. This means that every player that isn't one of those two QBs will probably be on the board, so we could fill any need we have (and we have a lot) with the absolute best player at that position.

If the Browns are serious about not drafting a QB, they'll trade out of the #2 spot. I actually think that is going to happen, but it probably won't until as late as the day of the draft.

So, basically the Ravens will have an opportunity to draft Laremy Tunsil, which they'll do. Ballsack

Man, I'm really hating these judges on DWTS... Antonio Brown went from being near the top of the leaderboard last week on Disney night (he totally killed it in the Aladdin dance, btw, had the second highest score of the night) to getting the lowest score of the night so far. I thought he did way better than that. I'm no expert on the cha-cha dance and this IS switch-up night, but...

Well, DUDE, FIX THIS IF YOU WANT THAT MIRROR BALL TROPHY. And if this doesn't end up getting you eliminated...

Edited by Anacybele

yeah fucking finally we'll get rid of eugene monroe

Would you mind trading up for the 3rd overall pick to get Tunsil :^).

We'll happily accept a couple picks and maybe Weddle but we're probably gonna replace him with Ramsey or Myles Jack.

Edited by ~Summer~

My stupid unlikely draft situation that i WANT TO HAPPEN is this:
Chargers trade #3 to Cowboys, for a very small price, we trade picks, they give us their 5th we give them our 6th. (or for less pricey, we give them our 5th and they give us their 6th, if trading up one spot is worth not as much)

Cowboys take Ramsey.

Chargers have decision for Tunsil or Buckner. Chargers get to trade down even more for someone who wants to take Tunsil, with the trade bloating our amount of picks.

Chargers then somehow find a way to get Buckner and get Myles Jack.

Draft Center 3rd round.

Get a Fullback later

???

Profit.

Edited by ~Summer~

OK, the Browns have traded out of #2 and picked up a decent haul for it, especially since we only dropped to #8 (now I just need to hope that the Eagles are garbage next season so that our 1st round pick from them in next year's draft is high up). Hopefully, these picks turn into useful players (I still remember when we landed a ton of picks from trading with the Falcons so that they could get Julio Jones, only for us to waste our extra first round pick the following year on Brandon Weeden).

OMG, JOSH NORMAN IS ACTUALLY AVAILABLE. STEELERS PLZ GET HIM!! I love Josh Norman, man! The best CB in the league if not one of the best! And we NEED a guy like him! I'd LOVE for him to be a Steeler!

EDIT: Aw, he went to the Redskins... But there's an upside! The Steelers play them this season, so I'll finally get to see Josh Norman vs AB! I'm glad I'll at least get that much. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Apparently Brady is suspended again for Deflategate. lol The judge's ruling that overturned Goodell's decision was reversed. Talk about a crazy situation here. The Steelers won't be a benefactor this time, but I don't mind, I'd love to see them take down a Brady-led Patriots team and our defense shove him into the ground!

EDIT: Oh, no double post after all. Ninja'd. xP

Edited by Anacybele

BIG JOEY BOSA.

YES YES.

JOEY BOSA IS SO SCHEME VERSATILE AND PAGANO LOVES TO RUN A LOT OF DIFFERENT SCHEME SETS LIKE 4-3 and 5-2 EVEN THOUGH WE'RE A "3-4" SCHEME.

: ).

sorry for caps but excitement cannot be contained.

BIG JOEY BOSA.

YES YES.

JOEY BOSA IS SO SCHEME VERSATILE AND PAGANO LOVES TO RUN A LOT OF DIFFERENT SCHEME SETS LIKE 4-3 and 5-2 EVEN THOUGH WE'RE A "3-4" SCHEME.

: ).

sorry for caps but excitement cannot be contained.

I'm actually pretty glad about this. I've seen mock drafts that had him falling to the Ravens, and I always hate when an Ohio State player goes to the Ravens or Steelers (the Steelers seem to get an absurd number of Buckeyes, actually).

Now I'm holding my breath to see what sort of stupid move the Browns make at #8.

Edit: We traded down. Whether this is smart or not depends on what we get.

Edit 2: I'm hearing we got a round 2 pick next year and a round 3 this year. Doesn't seem worth dropping down to #15. Browns continue to be Browns.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

what the fuck jeramy tunsil

coulda let us have the best DB, edge rusher or OT but FUCKING NO WE HAD TO SETTLE

i guess the OL we drafted won't be bad though, since he can still take monroe's spot

The Browns drafted a WR, probably a good move. Don't know why we went with Coleman over Treadwell, though. Maybe the Browns saw something that the experts didn't. But, then again, when the Browns make an odd pick like that, it's almost always the experts who end up being right.

The Browns drafted a WR, probably a good move. Don't know why we went with Coleman over Treadwell, though. Maybe the Browns saw something that the experts didn't. But, then again, when the Browns make an odd pick like that, it's almost always the experts who end up being right.

As much as I like Treadwell, he's overrated.

People compare him to Alquan Boldin and all that, but if you watch the tape, he doesn't get the separation despite being renowned for his good route-running.

A lot of mock drafts have Coleman over Treadwell, but usually not to the Browns, so I think this is a good pick.

Edited by ~Summer~

boldin doesn't get separation either

a common criticism of flacco in that 2012 playoffs was that he just threw it up to Boldin and Boldin came down with it. That's only partially true. Boldin came down with it cause Flacco threw it in the perfect spot so the DB couldn't get it - it was not a 50/50 ball like people claim, but Boldin had to be in the right spot (hence good routes) and Flacco had to put it there for him to get it. Sure he had to jump for it, but he was often times in front of the DB or behind him where Flacco threw it.. because Boldin just couldn't separate from his DB.

Boldin was kinda built for those jump balls

Edited by Lord Raven

OK, maybe this will work out. Of course, a WR by himself won't fix all the problems with this offense, especially after we lost Mitchell Schwartz and Alex Mack on our offensive line. Hopefully we focus on o-line (or someone for our defense in general. Can't forget that our defense was even worse than our offense last year) and don't take a QB in the 2nd round (I personally think we should hold off on that until around the 4th or 5th round and then draft a QB in the first round next year if neither RG3 nor our 4th-5th round guy work out).

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Gods, are Steelers fans EVER satisfied? They demand a CB, and when the Steelers draft one, which they did, all they do is fucking complain that the Steelers "reached" and were screwed by the Bengals.

Seriously, our secondary needs all the help it can get, and you never know who will end up being a star. People were mad that the team picked Bell over Lacy, but the former ended up being the one making plays while the latter got fat and slow!

Just glad that we used the first round on a DB.

Edited by Anacybele

Congrats on the first round picks, you bunch of dinguses. The REAL FUN starts tonight.

I would love to go to the draft just to vigorously boo Roger Goodell before every pick. Did anyone else see his quote about Tunsil's situation being "exciting?" The man is such a clown.

YESSS. We got a safety, we got a safety! That's what I was hoping for next since we got a CB in round 1! :D

Artie Burns, now Sean Davis! Hope these guys do well! We need it!