2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How have the Chargers not signed Bosa yet? That's some clown nonsense

Apparently his agent advised him to hold out; he also advised some other rookies to hold out too.

Honestly when I'm hearing about Bosa holding out on the Chargers, I think more of how the Chargers are cheapasses than Bosa thinking he's hot shit. Remember Rivers?

Every now and then, some dumbass rookie thinks that he's hot shit and that he can strong-arm a team. And I remember people thinking that Bosa at 3rd overally was strange. Looks like it went to his head.

Nah none of you know the situation.

Bosa's agent is trying to negotiate with the Chargers about "offset language."

Of course, there is some want for his bonus money to be split into larger dividends more towards the beginning of his contract. That's pretty much everyone's want.

However, what's really being negotiated is if there is a case where the Chargers trade or cut Bosa, when he gets signed by another team, he'll still be able to get his salary from the Chargers.

With this he's able to get money from the that team signs him and still get some money from the Chargers. Almost can be described as double dipping. I think this is more on his agent rather than Bosa himself. Bosa's agent is responsible for the other rookies like 49ers Joshua Garnett for signing late.

Edited by ~Summer~

Reggir Bush just signed a 1 year deal (incentive-based) in Buffalo.

Holy crap, our backfield is dangerous.

Shady

Karlos Williams (comes back fresh in Week 5)

Mike Gillesie

New rookie named Jonathan Williams that runs like a freight train

Reggie Bush (PR but may see some two back sets early on)

Jerome Felton (PURE FULLBACK BABY)

Don't fuck with the number 1 running attack in the league.

Two back sets with Shady and Bush are gonna be a nightmare to face twice a year.

For what's being said above you can't really generalize what garbage time means to teams. Some teams play a short passing game to maintain possession, even when they're up a score or two. As a player I know my coach loved running quick 5 yard outs and slants when opposing teams expected a run to throw them off.

I think DeAndre having bad QBs and being the only legit WR on his team is a point in his favor. Even if the volume of targets is higher, the quality of the throws are worse and he likely has two defenders on him.

Two back sets with Shady and Bush are gonna be a nightmare to face twice a year.

For what's being said above you can't really generalize what garbage time means to teams. Some teams play a short passing game to maintain possession, even when they're up a score or two. As a player I know my coach loved running quick 5 yard outs and slants when opposing teams expected a run to throw them off.

I think DeAndre having bad QBs and being the only legit WR on his team is a point in his favor. Even if the volume of targets is higher, the quality of the throws are worse and he likely has two defenders on him.

DeAndre immediately loses points with me after a hold-out on his contract. Even though it was only 1 day.

I don't care if it's a business. You sign to play for X years and you are a member of the organization during that time, even if you want to renegotiate your contract. Either man the fuck up or get out after the year is over but do NOT bitch about your next contract while you still have one going.

I think that every contract should have a clause saying that if a player wants to subordinate due to future contract negotiations, they will be fined by the organization for 10% of their total contract to date. That compounds for 5 days and if by then the player is continuing to hold out, it jumps to 100% of the entire contract and the organization does not have to retain the player as of that day. Maybe it'll teach players to be more respectful because that shit is unacceptable from my point of view.

EDIT: Anyone down for starting a round table about football every week, starting with the preseason? Like over Skype or shit, one of us hosts and we ask questions where we all can comment and discuss. Sort of like a "SF does NFL" podcast or something.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

Rookie contracts are not open to negotiation until their fourth year, Life. This is apart of the new CBA. They are allowed to hold out then because that is when they renegotiate for their contract. I don't know why you think they're being bitch tits for doing it, when it's not only part of their contract but it's a career choice where it can end at any point, especially since he's not really making as much as other people on the team despite being one of their more productive players. On top of that, the organization has control over their next three years with no negotiation or guaranteed money or long term contract, because of the fifth year option and franchise tags. These players want guaranteed contracts and stability ASAP considering the fact that the sport is dangerous and their career can end in any given second, and the fact that the NFL as is has the lowest paying contracts of all American professional sports.

But again I would like to re-emphasize that they are not allowed to hold out for a new contract until their fourth year, as that is the last year of the contract and that is the point where they want a long-term contract. In their first three years if they pull this shit, while the contract is not signed, then I'm sure there are very steep penalties, but all is fair game in the fourth year. Having long-term stability is what these guys are going for. I'm not sure what your issue is with holdouts.

Rookie contracts are not open to negotiation until their fourth year, Life. This is apart of the new CBA. They are allowed to hold out then because that is when they renegotiate for their contract. I don't know why you think they're being bitch tits for doing it, when it's not only part of their contract but it's a career choice where it can end at any point, especially since he's not really making as much as other people on the team despite being one of their more productive players. On top of that, the organization has control over their next three years with no negotiation or guaranteed money or long term contract, because of the fifth year option and franchise tags. These players want guaranteed contracts and stability ASAP considering the fact that the sport is dangerous and their career can end in any given second, and the fact that the NFL as is has the lowest paying contracts of all American professional sports.

But again I would like to re-emphasize that they are not allowed to hold out for a new contract until their fourth year, as that is the last year of the contract and that is the point where they want a long-term contract. In their first three years if they pull this shit, while the contract is not signed, then I'm sure there are very steep penalties, but all is fair game in the fourth year. Having long-term stability is what these guys are going for. I'm not sure what your issue is with holdouts.

I have an issue with hold-outs. Period. End sentence.

I think it shows a lack of professionalism and if I were a GM, a player who wants to hold-out can go fuck himself and leave my team on the spot.

Obviously that's a bit of an exaggeration but to me, it's like me working at my restaurant. If I decide to not go to work because I want a serious raise and I know I can get that money somewhere else if I go there in a few months, the owner has all the right in the world to say "Fuck you, collect your shit and get out". I don't see why it should be any different here.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

Probably because teams make more money when they have a winning team, and they also have to leverage the other players against the player himself - if a player is upset that DeAndre is gone, then it may kill their incentive to stay. Hopkins jerseys sell and all of that shit, so they have leverage, especially if they are good players.

If you are expendable at a restaurant, then that's when they'll tell you to get the fuck out. Certain players are not expendable, and they know this, and they are using it as leverage. I liken it more to my dad, who has hired very good cooks who have actually had leverage against us due to us not wanting to sacrifice the quality of our food - so we gave them raises, but given how restaurants (especially ours) don't have quite the same amount of funding as NFL players the money scaling is significantly different. When it comes to quality that's both in demand and relatively unparalleled, the standard of professionalism becomes different, especially if it is contractually allowed. The fact that the clause excludes the fourth year of the contract means that it is perfectly professional to hold out, although it can hurt them in the short term (and potentially long term) if they go out for a particularly long time. Look at Kam Chancellor, because his contract negotiation didn't pan out the way he liked and he had a pretty rough year.

Edited by Lord Raven

Your argument makes absolute sense but as per my own reasons stated above (and I know that I'm currently irreplaceable at my work), I can't agree simply because it feels completely unprofessional. The player is still under contract when he is holding out. To me, that's insubordination (I know about a lot of insubordination because I'm ex-military) and there is no excuse for it. Especially when you are negotiating such high figures.

New news. Tyrod might get resigned before the start of the season.

​Please let it be a 2 year extension for 30 million (20 guaranteed). I need more proof before I lock the guy up for a good 5 years.

​EDIT: Ana, want to ask you something via PM but you've blocked the shit out of me.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

I think also the NFL's alternative to that was back in the day when the owners/GMs had 100% control over a player's future, and if a player was cut then the team still had the rights to their NFL being unless they traded the rights over. Free agency is a much better thing for the players who can actually use leverage rather than spend time getting screwed by the owners and never really receiving a pay increase. It's pretty much an even balance of leverage, since before this it was "if you want to play, make money, or get a raise then you do it on my terms; if you do anything short of that, then I have control over your fate." I think any system that gives less leverage to the owners and more to the players is a good system, but that's kind of where I stand in general with big business; not trying to get into something political here, though.

Edited by Lord Raven

Ugh, fucking hell, is Senquez Golson ever going to do ANYTHING other than get hurt? He's going to miss MORE time. What a waste of a draft pick. Why even keep him around if all he's going to do is remain on IR?

Also, 2016 is going to be the last time the Steelers wear the bumblebee suits?! Noooo!! :( I love how funny they look!

So in preparation for the Hall of Fame game (and the rest of the season, for that matter), I'm debating with player I should get a jersey of: Clinton-Dix, Lacy, or R. Rodgers

People sleeping on Josh Gordon being reinstated to the NFL. With Hue Jackson and an FU-mode RG3 in town I see him giving AB, OBJ and Julio a run for their money, even with a 4 game suspension. People forget he led the league a few years ago with a bunch of backup QBs

I'm extremely optimistic about my Lions this year. Megatron's retirement was the low point and we can only go up from there.

Marvin Jones and Anquan Boldin can't replace Johnson of course, but it's still a good receiving corp. I love how we keep getting former Ravens players hah. Boldin is extremely underrated imo

Marvin Jones and Anquan Boldin can't replace Johnson of course, but it's still a good receiving corp. I love how we keep getting former Ravens players hah. Boldin is extremely underrated imo

Jones is a good receiver, but Boldin has absolutely zero ability to get separation and has only gotten slower over the years. He's great and goes for the tough grabs but he's pretty much just a solid receiver. He's not "extremely" underrated in that sense, because people have been praising him for a while, the only issue being that on the Cardinals after his first few years he was overshadowed by Larry Fitzgerald.

I hope Gordon's back to form. I'm not as pessimistic as I usually am about the Browns (having my team in another sport actually win it all will do that), but he has gone a long time without playing. Hopefully, RG3 will be back to his rookie year form, too, though that's less likely than Gordon being great again.

If those two are at their best, we might be able to sneak into a wild card spot. Maybe. Or at least go 8-8.