2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Carolina's not good enough right now though. Cam got shaken up and the defense started making a bunch of mistakes. And why are they playing TWO rookie CBs? Didn't they have any veterans besides Josh Norman?

One point game now with the Broncos on top and a few minutes left to go, but I don't like this. :(

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, they lost. All because Gano had to miss that FG badly. I've never seen him miss like that before. I guess it can happen even to the best, but still. I feel bad for Cam now though, he busted his butt even after getting shaken up to get them in FG range. I thought he might've broken his neck earlier on that one hit.

I do admit that clock management was poor though. What was Rivera thinking? He's not usually that bad with the clock.

So, congrats on getting completely lucky, Broncos.

Edited by Anacybele

Hard to call a team lucky when they have the best DBs in the league. Carolina should've pulled that one out but Denver's defense looked tough.

Granted, they were taking shots at Cam's head all game long. And then the only call they make was wiped out by intentional grounding? That was fucking ridiculous.

Hard to call a team lucky when they have the best DBs in the league. Carolina should've pulled that one out but Denver's defense looked tough.

Granted, they were taking shots at Cam's head all game long. And then the only call they make was wiped out by intentional grounding? That was fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, but to be fair, they also missed at least one obvious holding on the Panthers o-line. I saw one clip where the guy literally had his arms wrapped underneath Von Miller's armpits and didn't let him go! And why do you think Miller's name was hardly mentioned even though the dude was freaking SB MVP?

Still, head shots are worse than a little holding, and I'm surprised Cam is as okay as he is. I thought he might've broken his neck, like I had said! :(

Edited by Anacybele

Ana criticizing the Panthers?

*sniff* She's maturing. I knew this day would come...

In all seriousness, you're right but holding is one of those "ref's choice" calls. I probably would have called one that was an outside move by Von that got held but most of the blocks were legal in my opinion.

She criticizes any of her teams when they lose but she does it either passive aggressively against the team they lost to or she goes a "fuck this guy" and then goes on a "basic cheerleader" homer rant

What? Raven, I criticized the Panthers and Steelers plenty of times last season, whether they won or lost. I kept saying and am still saying the Steelers' secondary is ass, Cam Newton let all his attention and MVPness go to his head in SB and he was having first time jitters, he was wrong to tear down somebody's Packers banner in the Charlotte stadium, and how about all the times I said Landry Jones sucked, even in the games that he "won"? I know I said other things, but I can't think of anything more off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure I complained about the Steelers' clock management at times too.

Also, while this isn't football, I heavily criticized the Penguins' playing in the third period of one of their playoff games in the last NHL season. They had won, but it was really f-ing stupid of them to let it go into OT. Those penalties were inexcusable.

And the only player I was saying "fuck this guy" about was Vontaze Burfict. And other people agreed with me that he was playing dirty! Also, wouldn't you feel the same way if all three of your top three players got injured by the SAME guy within the SAME season?

Glad you noticed I've matured, Right Wing Nut Job (I can't remember any of your old usernames anymore lol). I've learned a lot. ;)

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, just watch out he doesn't hold out for more money and then get dropped like a hot tamale for getting greedy. That's what happened when the Steelers got rid of him.

On another note, I hate the Jets, but I want to see the Bengals get burned to the ground so bad. And I remember the Jets having a good D, so hopefully they can do it.

I really like Mike Wallace for now.- Things I never thought I'd say in 2011.

Remember when I said at the end of last season that he'd be a nice fit for the Ravens? Clearly the team saw my comment and proceeded to sign him

Coincidentally, he's on my fantasy team

Edited by chococoke

Looks to be a defensive struggle in that game tho. 10-7 in the 4th.

Hey Cynthia, your Jaguars are doing pretty decently against the Packers. They could actually win. :o

Speaking of fantasy teams, my stepdad showed me his. From what I remember, he has Andrew Luck, Chris Boswell, Travis Kelce, Todd Gurley, and the Broncos D.

EDIT: Oh yeah, he's got DeMarco Murray too.

Edited by Anacybele

Damn it, the Jets came up so slightly short (another one point game). >_<

I know it's just week 1, but I'd definitely feel a lot better if the Steelers won tomorrow since the Ravens and Bengals just did.

Chargers look like they took a blow to their offense. Keenan Allen's suspected to have an ACL tear.

Edited by Anacybele

But so far we've got four games that were decided by one point, two that were decided by two (NFL.com messed up on the Lions and Colts game and wrote it as 39-35 when on TV the final score was 37-35), and a couple others that were decided by four. Just holy crap, what a way to open football. o.o

The final score of Lions-Colts was 39-35. Colts were trying to do laterals to hope for a kickoff return, but they had an illegal forward pass in the endzone which resulted in a safety, so Lions got two points.

Oakland-New Orleans and Detroit-Indy were actually insane games especially towards the end. Sure they were shootouts but Oakland crawled back from a two score deficit and Indy crawled back from a 3 score deficit. The Lions marched down in literally 30 seconds to get into a good field goal range (~45 yards) after Prater missed the extra point to win it after Colts took the lead, and Oakland went for two at the end of regulation and stopped New Orleans before they could go to field goal range.

Oakland went for the ballsiest move, which was going for 2 to win the game rather than trying to win in overtime, and it worked out. I love watching coaches be fucking aggressive when it comes to stuff like that.

Edited by Lord Raven

That's not what they showed on TV. I saw it, listed 37-35 as the final score. A flag was thrown after the play, but nobody said anything about there being a safety. NFL.com made a typo, plain and simple. Just nobody's complaining because either way, the Lions won.

Looks to be a defensive struggle in that game tho. 10-7 in the 4th.

Hey Cynthia, your Jaguars are doing pretty decently against the Packers. They could actually win. :o

Speaking of fantasy teams, my stepdad showed me his. From what I remember, he has Andrew Luck, Chris Boswell, Travis Kelce, Todd Gurley, and the Broncos D.

EDIT: Oh yeah, he's got DeMarco Murray too.

I knew the Jaguars game was going to be a tough one, Jags are a tough team

Now to beat the crap out of the Vikings in their home opener in their shiny new stadium >:)

Really? I didn't think the Jaguars were terrible, but I didn't think they were really tough either. They surprised me.

I definitely don't know what to think about the Redskins either since I never watched them play much. They just seemed average to me, I guess. :P But the Steelers can beat them!

Oh yeah, I also remembered that my stepdad has Russell Wilson on his fantasy team too.

Edited by Anacybele

That's not what they showed on TV. I saw it, listed 37-35 as the final score. A flag was thrown after the play, but nobody said anything about there being a safety. NFL.com made a typo, plain and simple. Just nobody's complaining because either way, the Lions won.

Yes they did. The ref said "illegal forward pass, offense, result is a safety." It flashed 39-35 as the final score. I was watching the game.

Are you really going to argue this?

EDIT: source - http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016091111/2016/REG1/lions@colts#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000700932&tab=recap

Indy was called for a safety on the final play of the game, for throwing an illegal forward pass in its end zone.

There was no typo.

Edited by Lord Raven