2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QBZtkih.jpg

KEENAN ALLEN, AND NOW DANNY WOODHEAD.

HAVE TORN ACLS. WTF.

OUR TWO MOST PRODUCTIVE PLAYERS.

UGHHHHHH.

I think we'll be the #1 offense for 6 weeks.

The Chargers are playing the Colts, Saints and Raiders for the next 3 weeks. 3 teams notorious for giving up points.

Don't sleep on the Chargers.

Week 3 picks:

Texans at Patriots- Normally I'd like the Patriots at home, Jimmy G has looked very good but he's out and they're starting a rookie against a strong Texans D.

Cardinals at Bills- Cardinals seemed to be back in top form last week- Bills are already firing their coordinators.

Raiders at Titans- Raiders defense is concerning, but I don't think the Titans have the personnel to take advantage of it.

Redskins at Giants- This is me just predicting some regression to the mean here- the Giants have slid by with two close wins and the Redskins aren't that bad. I don't think any team is going to run away with the NFC East.

Browns at Dolphins- Browns are already on QB #3 somehow and I probably wasn't going to pick them with McCown anyway.

Ravens at Jaguars- Well, the anti-homer pick last week didn't work out so I'll do a homer pick here. I do think the Jags will bounce back here at home and while the Ravens are 2-0, they aren't exactly dominant.

Lions at Packers- Not a great offensive showing last week for either team. I don't like the odds of the Lions winning in Lambeau two years in a row.

Broncos at Bengals- Broncos offense has been better than expected, though playing the Colts probably helped. Bengals have been tough at home the past few years.

Vikings at Panthers- I feel like I'm constantly underestimating the Vikings, but they are on the road with Peterson out against the defending NFC champs.

Rams at Bucs- Both these teams have had some ugly games this year. Rams still haven't scored a touchdown and Bucs are at home so I'll go with them I guess.

Niners at Seahawks- Seahawks offense has been extremely anemic this year, but I still like their chances at home against a questionable Niners team. Will probably be low scoring and ugly.

Jets at Chiefs- Both these teams are pretty good, not great. Taking the home team.

Chargers at Colts- Chargers offense looked good even without Keenan Allen and the Colts don't look like they can stop anybody.

Steelers at Eagles- Both teams have looked good so far, though the Eagles have likely benefited from weak competition. I'll take the Steelers.

Bears at Cowboys- Who decided to give the Bears consecutive primetime games? On the road after a short week and not a very good team honestly.

Falcons at Saints- Likely a shootout, gimme Drew Brees at home in primetime- he has been extremely good under these conditions.

I'll take a shot at picks today.

Texans @ Patriots - Even though Jimmy G is out and Tom Brady still facing suspension. I do think Bill Belichick can prepare his back-up well enough for the game. He's very good at preparation, so he'll probably place a simple yet effective system Jacoby Brissett can use.

Cardinals @ Bills - I think the Bills are being slept on, however, the Cardinals' offense has shown to be very strong, keeping it close with New England and blowing out the Bucaneers.

Raiders @ Titans - I feel like the Titans offense is good enough to have a shoot out with the Raiders. However, I feel like the Titans' run game will be more dominant than the Raiders.

Redskins @ Giants - The Redskins has historically given a lot of passing yards to Eli Manning. With the return of Victor Cruz, I do think that gives the edge to the Giants this time around.

Browns @ Dolphins - Browns will have a hard time moving the ball. I don't see the running game kicking off versus Miami's tough D-line.

Ravens @ Jaguars - Flacco to Perriman on a crossing route x.x. However, if Bortles feeds the ball to Julius Thomas a lot in this game, it can go the other way.

Lions @ Packers - If Stafford plays like he did versus the Colts. The weak Packers' defense is going to be in for a long day.

Broncos @ Bengals - This game is going to be the true test to how good Trevor Sieman actually is. I think the Broncos' offense will struggle quite a bit. While the Bengals' formidable offense will match-up nicely versus the Broncos.

Vikings @ Panthers - The injury to Adrian Peterson definitely hurts the Viking's offense and their chances. The Panther's offense, will certainly have more success at moving the ball.

Rams @ Bucs - The Tampa Bay Offensive Line has been incredibly weak. The Rams' own one of the best Defensive Lines in the NFL. They were able to catch and frustrate the mobile Russell Wilson. Jameis Winston will surely be receiving a pounding this game.

49ers @ Seahawks - Logic dictates: If 49ers > Rams and Seahawks < Rams. Therefore, 49ers > Seahawks. In all seriousness, the 49ers defense doesn't have the same kind of viciousness that the Rams have. Although, the 49ers have been fairly high-scoring lately, I do think the Seahawks defense still has the tools to slow down their offense. While, the Seahawks will be productive enough to edge them out.

Jets @ Chiefs - Although it seems super bias that I have most of the AFC West losing this week. The Jets I feel are currently overall better than the Chiefs. The Jets have done a fine job stopping the run, keeping the Bills rushing attack to under 100 yards. Their offense which has been very productive at Wide Receiver matches very well with the inexperience the Chiefs' corners currently have. Marcus Peters has been getting exposed and is very vulnerable. Furthermore, they'll be going up against a not 100% Chiefs defense.

Chargers @ Colts - The Chargers Offense has been electrifying lately. Despite the loss of Keenan Allen, they have shown to still be able to rely on 2nd year UDFA Tyrell Williams, and new FA pick-up Travis Benjamin. Although, depth at the position is weak, the Colts defense is bound to get picked apart by Philip Rivers.

Steelers @ Eagles - I think the Eagles are legit. They may not be a Superbowl favorite, however, Wentz has been shown to be something else. Mathews has also been running really well, and overall the offense has been productive. Although, both defenses are bound for a shoot out, I think the Eagles are strong enough to edge them out. It's very tough to pick against Big Ben and AB admittedly.

Bears @ Cowboys - The Bears were carved out by Carson Wentz, I expect no different from Dak Prescott.

Falcons @ Saints - I believe the Falcons have better tools on offense versus the Saints defense, but I also think the Falcon's defense will do a better job mitigating the passing attack of Drew Brees, than the other teams the Saints went up against in the past 2 weeks. Definitely will still be a shootout.

This week will be fun to watch, it could have a lot of shootouts.

Edited by Jiegg

I'll throw in my picks now too since you guys are.

Texans vs Patriots: Close call here for me, but I think I have to go with Cynthia and pick the Texans. Belichick might prepare Brissett well, but he's still facing a good defensive line that's boasting JJ freaking Watt.

Cardinals vs Bills: If the Bills' D and Tyrod Taylor can get going, I think they have a shot, but right now, I have to lean towards the Cards.

Raiders vs Titans: Titans have looked surprisingly decent lately, and they're at home.

Redskins vs Giants: The Skins just haven't looked that good and they're going up against Eli and OBJ in an away game.

Browns vs Dolphins: I would've picked the Browns here if McCown or RG3 could play given how the former was manhandling the Ravens (who have a good defense), but...yeah.

Ravens vs Jaguars: I think this'll be another close game for the purple birds. But I'm going to say Jaguars simply because they just seem to do way better at home than away and the Ravens still have a kind of struggling offense.

Lions vs Packers: The Packers are surprisingly struggling lately, even with Aaron Rodgers still throwing the ball. And the Lions look good despite the loss.

Broncos vs Bengals: I still think nobody is a safe pick against the Broncos except...yep, my boys in black and gold. Hey, they DID put over 300 passing yards on them twice and while battling injuries! That defense is just nothing to sneeze at even if you have a good offense, and the Bengals haven't been that great offensively.

Vikings vs Panthers: I don't think I have to explain this much. Cam Newton + Greg Olsen + Kelvin Benjamin + a mediocre opponent that lost their star QB AND star RB = good results for the Panthers.

Rams vs Buccaneers: Yeah, the Rams D ought to do pretty well against a mediocre Bucs team.

49ers vs Seahawks: The 'hawks lost to the Rams, but the Rams always give them a hard time. They do well against pretty much everyone else. Especially at home.

Jets vs Chiefs: I gotta agree that the Jets seem to be the overall better team here.

Chargers vs Colts: Chargers have looked a little better lately, though it could be close. The Colts were just against the Broncos of all teams. Their D isn't that great from what I remember either. though.

Steelers vs Eagles: BATTLE FOR PA! Of course I have to pick my boys here too! They're surely going to get Markus Wheaton back on their already awesome offensive depth this time, the defense has shut down the run pretty well so far, and even the secondary was pretty okay vs the Bengals (limiting AJ Green to just two catches for 38 yards isn't easy). Also, nobody can completely take out the two-headed monster that's Big Ben and AB. Just hope it doesn't rain this time. :P Also, our D can definitely expose Wentz for the rookie that he is.

Bears vs Cowboys: The Bears weren't that great with Cutler and now they don't have him. Yeah...

Falcons vs Saints: Saints seem to be better at home.

Man, the Patriots will probbaly go 4-0 without Brady even when losing their backup. And yay Texans lost- although the Jags will actually have to win someday to make that sort of thing matter.

Edited by -Cynthia-

That game did not go how I thought it would at all. JJ Watt was...nonexistent, as far as I saw. He looked shut down! What happened to him? Is he past his prime now or something?

I think the Patriots won more because the Texans made a lot of bonehead mistakes rather than because they played well or anything. The Texans muffed the punt twice, Osweiler threw interceptions, they got a lot of PI calls on defense, etc etc. They practically gift-wrapped the game for them.

On another topic, can Josh Gordon EVER stay out of trouble? There's a warrant for his arrest now. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, I never heard about Watt having surgery. I must've missed that one somehow. And yeah, I know Belichick is a great coach (if he's not cheating more than he's playing fair), but he and his team can't be totally invulnerable.

In fact, I know they aren't, because I've seen my Steelers crush them and they had Tom Brady. They even forced Brady to fumble at the end of the game. lol (It was that crazy play where Polamalu punched the ball into the endzone after it was on the ground. I still wish he hadn't done that. The game would've surely been over anyway. He kinda cheated because that was really against the rules. But the past is in the past, nothing to be done about it.) I hope that somebody can take them down if it's not my Steelers, I hate them. >.> I'd rather cheer for the Bengals or Ravens!

Edited by Anacybele

I never said I actually thought they were big cheaters (I might've in the past, but that was a long time ago. These days, I just don't really know). But they are the center of too much of that kind of attention.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah I felt the Pats would win this. Belichick is very smart about how to prepare for a game with his depth.

Furthermore, I'm still just not sold on the Texans plain and simple.

The game was definitely a combination of the Texans being bad and the Patriots' gameplan working to perfection on offense and defense. I'm most encouraged by the O-line play. The left side of the line looks top notch and Marcus Cannon shut down JJ Watt. The defense took away Nuk (aside from the ridiculous catches he made) and Osweiler was content to check down all night. Osweiler really isn't that great of a QB, and I think the defense had him rattled at times.

I expect to see that happen often against inexperienced QBs this season. The Patriots defense is capable of getting pressure without blitzing because the front 7 has so many players that can rush the passer or drop into coverage. Last night's performance was also without Donta Hightower, arguably the most talented pass rusher on the team.

The entire AFC should be afraid at this point. Once Gronkowski is close to 100% and Dion Lewis returns, the offense could become unstoppable

Yeah, I have to admit all that is true.

The Patriots aren't the only ones in the AFC to be feared though, I think. The Steelers just knocked down two division champs without Bell, Wheaton, and Bryant. Bryant won't be back this season, but Bell and Wheaton will be. And our offense is loaded while the defense just shut down a good offense pretty well. I don't like the Patriots at all, but I think right now, I'm looking forward to the Patriots vs Steelers matchup later. Two powerhouses are going to duke it out!

Good thing for us it's in Pittsburgh, though. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Ok, our defense just got another interception. It's going to be extremely disappointing if we can't put this one away.

2 INTs in Ravens territory results in a turnover and a blocked FG. Ugh.

Edited by -Cynthia-

this game is giving me heart palpitations help my address is Apartment #420 on 2344 Falso Avenue

EDIT: 10 blocked field goals since 2014. Holy shit.

Edited by Lord Raven