2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Hey, at least you don't have to play the Bengals and fucking Vontaze Burfict every year... (until he leaves, that is) After this season, I'm never NOT going to be a little scared that they might hurt all our best players again!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, at least you don't have to play the Bengals and fucking Vontaze Burfict every year... (until he leaves, that is) After this season, I'm never NOT going to be a little scared that they might hurt all our best players again!

Again, until Ben suffers the same injury as Carson Palmer, the Bengals have no reason to stop testing the ankle flexion of Roethlisberger.

And I play the Pats twice a year, remember?

What, you mean a banged up finger?

Please tell me you're not actually this ignorant. Please don't destroy my last shred of respect for you.

And please at least look up what others are talking about before posting anything.

EDIT: Screw it, you won't understand. Once again, I mean this play.

Edited by John Barrowman

Chris Henry injured his knee on that play too. That was their first play from scrimmage, I believe. What a way to start a playoff game.

EDIT: Oh wait, that was their second play. Still, tho

Edited by chococoke

You didn't exactly specify which injury you meant, Life. SORRY, god damn.

You mean the fact that I mentioned both Carson Palmer and the Bengals? It's a pretty well known injury.

In fact, let's look at why. That was the first time in two decades that the Bengals were relevant again. They lost the Super Bowl by having Joe Montana go the distance to cement his legacy as Joe Cool, not to mention their star FB relapsing the night before and Tim Krumrie (the heart and soul of the defense) break his leg early. They then went through years of terrible drafting and failure.

But then you get to 2005 and things are looking better. Marvin Lewis is leading Carson Palmer and the Bengals to apparent glory. They even won the AFC North crown.

And the Steelers, of all teams, take out their star QB in his first even playoff game. Carson Palmer is done for a full year and may not ever play (this was ten years ago so medicine wasn't as advanced as it is today and he tore two ligaments in his leg). And the Steelers win their 5th Super Bowl.

Yeah, Bengals aren't happy and they deserve revenge.

Edited by John Barrowman

It was slightly obvious. I mean, you guys WERE talking about the Bengals...

As for Ben being tough, sure, that's fair and all. He also likes to talk about how injured he is on the regular, and it was a bit of a comical moment when he spent time talking about how banged up his shoulder was and then throws deep on the first play against the Broncos. I'm sure if his finger was hurt, he'd really enjoy talking about it.

Yeah you're right, we WERE talking about the Bengals. Sometimes I don't pick things like that up right away though. I hate when I do that...

And yeah, that's why I love Ben and respect him so much! He's so tough! I mean, if you look up tough in the dictionary, his picture should be there! Ben inspired me to be a tougher person too. I want to be tough like him because of him. Not physically, of course, that's impossible for me. lol I mean a different sort of toughness, the kind one can have on the inside.

pot meet kettle

again you complain about burfict in our division but we've had to deal with worse from your team lol, don't you start complaining about burfict when Harrison et all have been worse about shit like this for much longer

and Ana I KNOW we've told you multiple times about how the Steelers fucked over Carson Palmer

I don't think the Steelers/Harrison purposely hurt Palmer or got suspended for multiple safety violations or had a single guy take out your three best players in ONE season. I'm not excusing Harrison's actions, I do remember him making some pretty big hits in the past, but I don't think you can equate him to Burfict at all.

Edited by Anacybele

Harrison has made a ton of dirty hits in the past, same with Ward. The league just didn't give as much of a crap about safety before like 2012.

Besides, Harrison did intentionally do some of his dirty play wtf, and he actually defended Burfict at points.

The Dolphins cut Brice McCain! The Steelers need to get him back! He was one of the few CBs we had that actually did good! The guy got several picks for us, come on, Tomlin, plzzz.

Edited by Anacybele

You mean the fact that I mentioned both Carson Palmer and the Bengals? It's a pretty well known injury.

In fact, let's look at why. That was the first time in two decades that the Bengals were relevant again. They lost the Super Bowl by having Joe Montana go the distance to cement his legacy as Joe Cool, not to mention their star FB relapsing the night before and Tim Krumrie (the heart and soul of the defense) break his leg early. They then went through years of terrible drafting and failure.

But then you get to 2005 and things are looking better. Marvin Lewis is leading Carson Palmer and the Bengals to apparent glory. They even won the AFC North crown.

And the Steelers, of all teams, take out their star QB in his first even playoff game. Carson Palmer is done for a full year and may not ever play (this was ten years ago so medicine wasn't as advanced as it is today and he tore two ligaments in his leg). And the Steelers win their 5th Super Bowl.

Yeah, Bengals aren't happy and they deserve revenge.

Before I say my argument, I'd like to admit that I don't know all about what happened in that game, so let me know if there's information that conflicts with what I say. I'll also admit that I'm a Steeler fan, but I will try to avoid bias and stepping on any toes.

Now, you say that in order to pay back for Carson Palmer's injury that I have no problem believing probably aided the Steelers in getting their 5th Super Bowl win (among other things in their run, such as the Colts game with the missed FG and the SB itself with the officiating controversy), Ben Roethlisberger has to get injured himself. First off, Roethlisberger had nothing to do with Palmer's injury (unless he said something negative about it, feel free to fill me in), it was another Steeler, Kimo von Oelhoffen (Kimo also apologized, but I dunno his history or how close he was to breaking the rules, just that the injury made a new rule to avoid defenseless targeting, so I'll leave that up in the air). Also, that moment's participants had no connection with the more recent incident that started this conversation: Burfict's hit on Brown. Second, even if what I said did not apply and we had a scenario where someone on team 1 injured a star player on team 2, helping team 1 win the championship in the end, wanting someone to get hurt, even if the injurer was a bad person and one wants them hurt out of revenge, is still pretty low. I don't blame you for feeling angry, but it looks like you want to injure a scapegoat...

Sorry if I showed any bias or harshness in my first post here. I understand that bias tends to have a large impact on sports fans in general, especially in American football, and I know the Steelers aren't exactly liked much in this thread.

plz dont eat me i taste like too much pizza

Edited by DarkGold777

Well, Darkgold, we can change the general opinion of the Steelers in this thread if more of us Steelers fans keep gathering here! ;P

Uh, I'd rather not pay attention to that. I'd just like civil conversations, that's all. I'm completely fine with Ravens, Bengals, or Browns fans in general, to add. Edited by DarkGold777

Well, I'm personally tired of all the Steelers hate/bashing in this thread, and think it'd be nice to actually have a fellow Steelers fan to chat with in here once in awhile. But I can't force you to do anything so...

I just want civil conversations too, but I find it hard sometimes...

I guarantee you more people are sick of the Steelers dick sucking in this thread, despite it coming from one person

Before I say my argument, I'd like to admit that I don't know all about what happened in that game, so let me know if there's information that conflicts with what I say. I'll also admit that I'm a Steeler fan, but I will try to avoid bias and stepping on any toes.

Now, you say that in order to pay back for Carson Palmer's injury that I have no problem believing probably aided the Steelers in getting their 5th Super Bowl win (among other things in their run, such as the Colts game with the missed FG and the SB itself with the officiating controversy), Ben Roethlisberger has to get injured himself. First off, Roethlisberger had nothing to do with Palmer's injury (unless he said something negative about it, feel free to fill me in), it was another Steeler, Kimo von Oelhoffen (Kimo also apologized, but I dunno his history or how close he was to breaking the rules, just that the injury made a new rule to avoid defenseless targeting, so I'll leave that up in the air). Also, that moment's participants had no connection with the more recent incident that started this conversation: Burfict's hit on Brown. Second, even if what I said did not apply and we had a scenario where someone on team 1 injured a star player on team 2, helping team 1 win the championship in the end, wanting someone to get hurt, even if the injurer was a bad person and one wants them hurt out of revenge, is still pretty low. I don't blame you for feeling angry, but it looks like you want to injure a scapegoat...

Sorry if I showed any bias or harshness in my first post here. I understand that bias tends to have a large impact on sports fans in general, especially in American football, and I know the Steelers aren't exactly liked much in this thread.

what is this post? If a Steelers fan is bitching about the Bengals costing them their shot at a ring due to not having Brown for the Broncos game, then they should probably take a look in the mirror and see that the Steelers did the same

and the steelers had dudes that head hunted like Burfict did (see: hines ward and the way he laid out DBs for no fucking reason, that motherfucker with a shit-eating mug can go fuck himself with all those cheap shots)

and even regardless of kimo's intent to not injure Palmer's leg, it was still a very late hit and chris henry also got injured

the steelers have been a dirty ass team for multiple decades, it's just karma that a team cost them a shot at a ring because of dirty play. i'm not saying they're the only dirty team, but let's not pretend that the steelers team in general haven't had this coming, especially since one of the dirtiest LBs in the league is still on that squad

but in my honest opinion both teams can go fuck themselves anyway