2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

This nonsense with Ledarius Green really makes the Steelers look bad imo. Especially when Mike Tomlin comes out and straight up lies about his condition

Knowing about this, it makes me feel that the Chargers' organization knew way more about Green's status than us the fans.

They probably knew Green was having some sort of head issues, and probably won't be best for the long-term. It's pretty shitty that we'll be unable to see his full potential, however, it happens man. :/

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This nonsense with Ledarius Green really makes the Steelers look bad imo. Especially when Mike Tomlin comes out and straight up lies about his condition

I read something about Green being sidelined with headaches and I was like "oh come on, we can't lose somebody else already now... Not with two guys already out with suspensions. I'm tired of this crap..."

EDIT: Oh, and of course, Bruce Gradkowski is injured again. FREAKIN GET RID OF HIM AND GET A BETTER FREAKIN BACK UP QB, SERIOUSLY.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think the Bills will ever stay out of their own way

You think?

- Karlos Williams comes to TC fat and then gets busted for marijuana. Cut.

- Marcell Darius also gets busted for marijuana. Four game suspension.

- LB corp is ALREADY busted up. Reggie Ragland's out for the year, IK Enemkpali is also done and we've already had to pick up two new guys (Kroy Beirmann and Brandon Spikes) so that we can have a LB-by-committee just to fill in for Ragland (who is a 3-down back).

- Jordan Gay and EJ Manual are still taking up roster spots. Both Dan Carpenter and Cardale Jones (a goddamn rookie QB) have outplayed them.

- We still don't have a WR3.

Season starts soon. I'm so... disappointed? I mean, let's be real. This team looks so good on paper and they just want to shoot themselves in the foot.

If it makes you feel better, Patriots got hit with a triple whammy of injury news today.

-Starting RT Sebastian Vollmer is headed to the IR with an undisclosed injury

-2nd year guard/starter Shaq Mason broke his hand and is out indefinitely. He might not even make the roster now because he opened camp healthy and therefor isn't a candidate for Reserve/PUP

-Dion Lewis needs another surgery on his knee, roughly 10 months after tearing his ACL against the Skins. The hope is that the procedure is of the scope/cleanout variety, but he'll be missing a minimum of 6 games to start the season and possibly more.

Honestly, none of this is ideal but I still have faith in the team to be the best in the AFC. Blount actually looked decent in Thursday's preseason game and James White is basically a poor man's Dion Lewis. Someone will have to step up at RG and Marcus Cannon is now the starter at RT. The depth is better than I can remember over the past 6-7 years, but obviously it's going to be tested early

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looks like the Vikings season may be over before it begins. They've still got a good team, but that Bridgewater injury is a huge blow.

Yeah, the Vikings started to look pretty good and Bridgewater was a good young QB. This really sucks for them. :(

But week 1 is a week away now! Everybody ready for football to return? :D I am! Big Ben and AB looked as sharp as ever when they played in the preseason. AB nabbed himself a huge TD play, of course (57 yd catch and run), cause that's what he does. <3 These guys are my favorite football duo EVER! And as for Bell, he was himself too, of course. He and Bryant just need to stop being idiots. It also looks like our deep WR depth continues, as I heard good things about our new guy Eli Rogers. Bryant's absence might hardly hurt at all.

EDIT: And speaking of AB, his deal got restructured, so he's no longer underpaid, yay for him. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Jordan Gay was released (dude was taking up a roster spot so buh-bye) and the Bills LB corps looks like a mess.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this team like always.

YES THANK YOU. We got Mettenberger! I was hoping for this, as he was probably our best bet for a backup QB at this point.

I'm nicknaming our QB squad the Berger Joint now. lol Roethlisberger and Mettenberger! lol

YES THANK YOU. We got Mettenberger! I was hoping for this, as he was probably our best bet for a backup QB at this point.

I'm nicknaming our QB squad the Berger Joint now. lol Roethlisberger and Mettenberger! lol

You're excited for Mettenberger? The guy who's like 0-10 lifetime as a starter? I'm sad he's not a Titan anymore lol.

Mettenberger hasn't really shown anything as far as legitimate QB play is concerned. But I guess when you have the offensive talent the Steelers have you really just need a dude with a pulse who can hand the ball to Bell or throw it to AB. Oh, and not smoke weed.

Luckily their defense is gonna be poop again. The AFC is flawed as hell

Saying that the AFC is flawed as hell is like saying that Usain Bolt is kinda fast.

There isn't a single team in 16 that doesn't have a major problem... or if you're Cleveland, a major positive.

Yeah, Mettenberger wasn't that great when he played, I agree with that. But I think he has some potential. And anybody has to be better than Landry Jones. I REALLY hope he's ditched as the no. 2 QB and Mettenberger gets moved to that spot instead.

And yeah, the Steelers have so many weapons right now that all we need is someone who can at least throw the ball and avoid a sack once in awhile. Mettenberger's shown some good arm strength too.

Also, it's more that I'm excited for somebody that's not Landry freaking Jones than Mettenberger himself. lol

not smoke weed.

Ain't that the truth. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

Saying that the AFC is flawed as hell is like saying that Usain Bolt is kinda fast.

There isn't a single team in 16 that doesn't have a major problem... or if you're Cleveland, a major positive.

I would argue that the Pats are the only team that don't have a major problem. Even the O line inspires more confidence (granted, before the season has started) than is has in any year over the past 5 or 6 seasons.

Also, Ana, didn't Landry Jones do pretty well in spot start duty last season?

Also, Ana, didn't Landry Jones do pretty well in spot start duty last season?

Nope. He did throw that pass to AB that led to the game winning FG vs the Raiders, but that was way more because of AB, Jones just dunked it to the guy and AB did the rest. Same goes for the game winning TD Bryant got vs the Cardinals. Bryant did most of the work there.

All Jones did later was fuck up vs the Chiefs (I think it was the Chiefs anyway. I just remember Jones being shit).

I'd say the Pats do have a major problem, actually, but it isn't a typical one: Tom Brady. Or rather the lack thereof for four games. That could hurt in the long run.

Edited by Anacybele

I'd say the Pats do have a major problem, actually, but it isn't a typical one: Tom Brady. Or rather the lack thereof for four games. That could hurt in the long run.

Matt Cassel circa 2008 says hi.

Choco, what's the secondary like? Weren't you bitching about it last season?

Yeah, Mettenberger wasn't that great when he played, I agree with that. But I think he has some potential. And anybody has to be better than Landry Jones. I REALLY hope he's ditched as the no. 2 QB and Mettenberger gets moved to that spot instead.

And yeah, the Steelers have so many weapons right now that all we need is someone who can at least throw the ball and avoid a sack once in awhile. Mettenberger's shown some good arm strength too.

Also, it's more that I'm excited for somebody that's not Landry freaking Jones than Mettenberger himself. lol

Ain't that the truth. >_>

That's the optimism I had with Mettenberger. He was extremely disappointing during preseason, but at least he can block.

He just doesn't have the awareness; he places the ball on pretty bad places.

That's the optimism I had with Mettenberger. He was extremely disappointing during preseason, but at least he can block.

He just doesn't have the awareness; he places the ball on pretty bad places.

So... he's like EJ Manuel but can actually play at college level. Ok.