2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

This is starting to feel like we're going to end up the way the Ravens did last season. No starting QB, around four key defensive starters out including our best defensive lineman, two offensive linemen out (though this hasn't been as big an issue since we're fairly deep there), and a couple receivers took injuries as well, though they returned or will return, I'm sure. Next thing we know, Bell will tear his ACL and AB will break a leg.

We could still make the playoffs (we did last season despite losing Ben for four games and Bell for the season), but our SB chances drop a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astute observation, Ana. The move makes absolutely zero sense. Rex's defensive schemes seem kinda shitty at this point. When Jim Schwartz was the defensive coordinator there the Bills had one of the toughest defenses in the league. Since Rex has been given full control of the defense, they've been an incredibly burnable unit.

Both sides need a fresh start imo. It's just too bad Rex can't fire himself

4-0 since Lynn took over.

Watching this offense is actually fun now. But we got NE/Miami/Cincy/Sea in the next four games. Here's the test.

Edited by Deplorable Pepe

The Bills' turnaround has been pretty impressive. Hopefully they won't keep it going but crazier things have happened.

Also, Burfict is such a fucking scumbag it's insane. He needs to be banned for a year after diving at Marty Bennett's knee from behind. The dude is a clown who tries to intentionally injure players. Something's gotta give here

I'm down for a year long suspesion regarding Burfict. Especially since I think that he will target Shady.

That was nasty. Even to the Pats who I don't mind playing when they're banged up.

Edited by Life

I saw that article too about Burfict getting some guy low. I still hate that bastard because of what he did to my Steelers last season as well as what he tried to do to the Panthers the season before. He needs to either stop his bullshit or get suspended indefinitely.

I actually did pretty well last week in picks 12-3 woo.

Bears @ Packers- Rodgers has been looking quite mediocre for about a 16 game stretch now- but the Bears have a lot of issues. I think this will be close.

Giants @ Rams (London)- With the injuries on the Rams D Line, they just aren't as scary. Depending on Case Keenum week to week does not seem like the greatest plan.

Saints @ Chiefs- Chiefs have been a bit up and down this season, but have been consistently good at home and the Saints D is still a mess.

Colts @ Titans- The Colts D is bad and their offense isn't good enough to compensate this year.

Vikings @ Eagles- Assuming they didn't lose any momentum with the bye, the Vikings defense should be able to carry this game.

Browns @ Bengals- For a struggling Bengals team, the winless Browns look like the perfect chance to set things right.

Redskins @ Lions- I still don't trust the Skins really, so I think they'll regress towards .500.

Raiders @ Jaguars- Both these teams like to play close games, but the Raiders seem to close them out better.

Bills @ Dolphins- I think the Dolphins win was more about the Steelers than a sign of a sudden resurgence.

Ravens @ Jets- The Jets have lost 4 straight games by two scores or more. This is a vote of no confidence.

Bucs @ Niners- Bucs are coming off the bye I guess and the Niners are a total mess.

Chargers @ Falcons- Chargers aren't bad, but the Falcons look like a legit contender. Will probably be a shootout.

Patriots @ Steelers- Patriots have been on a tear since Brady came back and the Steelers are injured.

Seahawks @ Cardinals- Cardinals have looked good against the Niners and Jets- but the Seahawks are actually a good team.

Texans @ Broncos- The Texans offense has looked sad on the road against good opponents this season.

I don't get what's going on with Rodgers, I used to always say he was the best QB imo, and my favorite other than Ben and Cam Newton (well, Cam when he's actually playing like he was last season). Those hail marys he threw were freaking boss. Now I wonder if he's past his prime now or something... :(

I'm not doing picks this time, mainly since they'd be identical to yours here, Cynthia. And I'd be saying exactly as you are for Patriots vs Steelers. I'd have picked the Steelers for it for the fact that they'd be at home, but without Ben and all...ugh. I'll be pretty amazed if they actually somehow beat Brady's squad with Landry Jones though, you can bet that.

But to at least put up a decent game, they have to lean on Bell and De-Lo. It's too scary for Jones to be throwing a lot. So run the ball as much as possible. Throw it on occasion when the situation seems pretty favorable for it, but for the most part, just let Bell ring and De-Lo be De-High. :P (no, not that kind of high. lol)

Edited by Anacybele

I understand the need to run the ball to in order to set up play action, but I think that ultimately the Steelers will have their most success splitting Bell wide and using a fast-tempo attack to pick apart the Pats' secondary. The run defense this year has been incredibly stout, but if there's a serious weakness outside of the o-line (which qualifies as a weakness basically any given year) it's the secondary. They've given up intermediate-level passes quite a bit. Obviously Landry is inexperienced, but he's been in the system. He's gotta at least have all of the throws between the LOS and 17-18 yards downfield.

With that in mind, I'm also watching our pass rush. They've been inconsistent at best to start the year. If Collins comes back healthy I expect a decent amount of blitzes up the middle from he and Hightower.

The early line for that game is NE -7. Not sure if I'm confident enough to bet that.

There's no clear explanation for the decline of Rodgers- his o-line is playing pretty well and the Packers have at least a decent receiving corps. He's not that old either (32 is actually in the prime range for QBs) and dudes like Brady and Brees are still lighting it up every week. Maybe they need a coaching change- Mike McCarthy is not generally regarded as a top tier coach. Firing a coach who's won a Super Bowl and gone to the playoffs almost every year would be awkward though.

People are blaming his mechanics and lack of trust/chemistry with receivers. He was missing wide open guys with the Cowboys, but that's either a result of poor throws or poor chemistry.

Btw Burfict didn't get suspended. Roger Gooddell can lick my balls. Player safety, huh?

I swear, Goodell wants to shoot the NFL in the foot. There are too many faults on his track record for him too not address the idea that the Bengals have an attack dog on the field. $75,000 ain't shit compared to the medical bills some of these players might have to pay just to get back to life, much less back to playing. Burfict is a vicious animal and needs to be put down (kick this asshole out right now, NFL.)

Edited by Hylian Air Force

Wow, yeah, no wonder that team hasn't won a playoff game and has fans that throw trash on injured opposing players. It's full of idiots and scum.

And some Steelers fans want Tomlin fired. They really should be glad we have him. Tomlin's not perfect (*cough*the Eagles game*cough*), but he's a good coach and a really nice dude. He jersey'd up for the Penguins' Stanley Cup games and attended them! I'm so glad we have him instead of a loser like Marvin Lewis.

Edited by Anacybele

Btw Burfict didn't get suspended. Roger Gooddell can lick my balls. Player safety, huh?

Tom Brady: Gets suspended for alleged ball deflation.

Vontaze Burfict: Gets fined for outright hurting another player purposely with a history of multiple offenses.

The NFL needs some standardization of punishments what the fuck.

I feel like the punishments should be the other way around. Brady receives a fine, while Burfict gets a suspension. That is dumb.

Edited by Jiegg

Burfict DID have a suspension at the start of the season, though, Jiegg. So it's not like a fine was ALL he got for his past history. Still, I think the suspension should've been longer.

The problem is that Goodell is thinking equity (if you ask me).

I think he's saying that because the Bengals have been screwed so much in their history that I should give them a break. Meanwhile, the Patriots have had incredible success and other teams need to be given a chance. So therefore, a Bengals player gets a lighter punishment than a Patriots player, despite the discrepancies in actions.

Brady's actions come down to compromising the integrity of the game and if you believe that he did. Burfict compromises the health of a player. In my mind, there's no doubt that Burfict needs to be suspended for at least a year if not permanently. But Goodell is also factoring in the commercial side.

Hey Lord Raven, apparently Flacco hasn't been showing up to practice because of a bummed shoulder, you might want to start worrying that he might not play Sunday...

I don't wish for players to get hurt, but of course, I'll take another Ravens loss regardless of the reason at this point. I'm still super worried about what it's going to be like for the Steelers the next few weeks.

Yo fuck Goodell once again. Has anyone been following this Josh Brown shit? I'll sum it up for those who haven't:

-Brown gets 1 game suspension during this past offseason after he was arrested for domestic abuse

-This after NFL's "no more" campaign and new rules stating that domestic abuse punishments would START at 6 games (AKA Ray Rice fallout)

-Reason for light punishment, per NFL, was that it was understood to be a "one time thing"

-Today, Brown's arrest statements from this offseason were released, including him admitting he had repeatedly abused her in the past

If ONLY they had concluded that he was "more probably than not" a domestic abuser, perhaps he would've received a stiffer punishment

Hey Lord Raven, apparently Flacco hasn't been showing up to practice because of a bummed shoulder, you might want to start worrying that he might not play Sunday...

I don't wish for players to get hurt, but of course, I'll take another Ravens loss regardless of the reason at this point. I'm still super worried about what it's going to be like for the Steelers the next few weeks.

"Flacco and Harbaugh are confident that Flacco will play Sunday" is another headline, and our bye week is the week after.