2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Seriously, Ana? It's actually hilarious to me that you have the balls to tell someone to "learn to read posts" when they're reading your post in the tone you use. Guess what? The post DOES come off as snooty and exceptionally obnoxious. These, of course, are traits you display with startling regularity (which, on an Internet forum, is really saying something) which is why I typically ignore them. However, it's definitely aggravating when you act like it's someone else's fault for misinterpreting your comments.

Like, I understand it's not face to face conversation so it's tougher to convey the tone you're using. But damn, either be more careful of the words you use or don't act so surprised when people call you out for it.

Edited by chococoke

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looks like the needless bitching just won't stop, so I'm out of here. See you around. You'll probably be glad anyway, as you won't have to see any of my "obnoxious and snooty" posts anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

I believe Dalton would be back by then. But to be honest with the state of this O-line, any team in the playoffs right now could wreck the Pats so I'm prepared for whatever nonsense happens in this postseason. I can take only slight, slight solace in the fact that neither the Ravens nor Giants are in the playoffs.

Picks for the wild card round(order of game times is unknown)

Steelers at Bengals- Do you want to pick Marvin Lewis and/or Andy Dalton to win their first playoff game? I don't, especially given the QB issues in Cincinnati. McCarron is OK, but probably not good enough to keep up with the Steelers and Dalton is likely still somewhat banged up. I don't think DeAngelo Williams being injured is too important, running back success is based more on offensive scheme than running back talent(see Seattle, Kansas City).

Chiefs at Texans- I don't think the Texans are very good when it comes down to it, particularly on offense. They can beat up weak AFC South teams, but the Chiefs are on a 10 game winning streak and are solid all around.

Packers at Redskins- The Packers offense has issues- bad protection, bad WR play, can't run the ball. Redskins offense is much hotter right now. Never thought I'd pick Kirk Cousins over Aaron Rodgers but the Packers have not looked good in the second half of the season.

Seahawks at Vikings- Seahawks blew out the Vikings in Minnesota earlier this year. Will probably be closer, but I think Seattle is more talented on offense and shows up when they need to win. Not sure the Vikings are a true contender yet.

Says a lot about the Packers (for better or for worse) when we can play like crap after Week 6 and still make the playoffs with room to spare.

That being said, the Redskins have been playing well lately. The Packers....have not.

Yeah but they ain't gonna win the Super Bowl so that's a plus.

Thankfully I'm leaving the area during wild card weekend. I've mainly been shutting Steelers fans the fuck up the past two weeks so it's whatever, Washington can make the playoffs like once in their lifetime and still deal with a crazy ass owner.

I would be okay with them beating the Packers. Only because it'll give the fans even more false hope.

Also, I could be completely wrong, but doesn't the NFL usually do one game from each conference per day on playoff weekends? This is the first time I can recall in a while that they've scheduled the AFC match ups on one day and the NFC match ups on the other.

That is really weird, I just looked it up.

Maybe part of it is because they put the divisional matchup with the SNF crew. Those tend to be the marquee ones - Saturday night.

Make me wonder why they didn't switch up GB@WAS and KC@HOU but alas. I'm guessing due to temperatures and it may have been the only way they could've alleviated the freezing temperatures in Minnesota as much as possible, but it's pretty fucking cold in the DC area too.

The cold weather, I hear, is the main reason Super Bowls are most often done in the south. Exceptions like Detroit (Super Bowl 40) are made because some stadiums have domes.

Oh yeah, I've decided that maybe I don't need to stop posting here ENTIRELY, but do so less than I normally do. Probably a lot less, so I don't go running my mouth or anything. I really just want to enjoy football talk, not cause/get into arguments and fights... Or get others upset...

Anyway, I've been hearing weirdness about the times for the wild card games too. First I read that the Steelers are playing Sunday night, now I hear on the radio that they're playing tomorrow at 1 or something like that. And NFL.com has it at 8:15 tomorrow night, so both those other sources messed up. lol And speaking of the game, De-Lo's been ruled out. :( I really hope Toussaint can do better than any RBs we tried in last year's playoff game. And frankly, I'm kind of getting tired of not having our star RB in the playoffs with us...

Also. We hate you too, Burfict.

Edited by Anacybele

The cold weather, I hear, is the main reason Super Bowls are most often done in the south. Exceptions like Detroit (Super Bowl 40) are made because some stadiums have domes.

Oh yeah, I've decided that maybe I don't need to stop posting here ENTIRELY, but do so less than I normally do. Probably a lot less, so I don't go running my mouth or anything. I really just want to enjoy football talk, not cause/get into arguments and fights... Or get others upset...

Anyway, I've been hearing weirdness about the times for the wild card games too. First I read that the Steelers are playing Sunday night, now I hear on the radio that they're playing tomorrow at 1 or something like that. And NFL.com has it at 8:15 tomorrow night, so both those other sources messed up. lol And speaking of the game, De-Lo's been ruled out. :( I really hope Toussaint can do better than any RBs we tried in last year's playoff game. And frankly, I'm kind of getting tired of not having our star RB in the playoffs with us...

Also. We hate you too, Burfict.

They of course did make an exception for New York a few years back, but the organization for it was a mess IIRC.

Which is a shame, because I'd like to see a Super Bowl at Lambeau or Soldier Field. Sure it'd be cold, but c'mon, it's football.

It sucks that Arizona and Carolina can't play each other in the SB, because they were without question the two best teams all year. Very good chance it will be a Cardinals/Panthers NFC championship game, and will probably be more exciting than whatever SB game would follow it. Then again I have no idea how this post season will turn out, most of the teams have been either good all year or on hot streaks recently. Only teams I think don't have much chance are the Texans and the Vikings, although Green Bay has been weak this year.

Whatever, go Cardinals then. We'll see how my Giants do next year with a new coach.

The way it's looking, I think the Bengals, Chiefs, and Broncos could stay on even terms with those teams if they get past the Patriots.

It's one of those weird matchup things where I don't think the Patriots would do well against the Panthers and Cardinals but I think the Bengals/Chiefs/Broncos could, but I think the Patriots would be a hurdle for those teams. I really wouldn't underestimate the Bengals and Broncos, they spent time beating up on each other and the Broncos have a really good fucking defense with a middling enough offense. Bengals have very few holes all around, and the Chiefs are actually much stronger than their start shows, though I don't know how much of their win streak was due to their schedule.

Anyway, looks like you're a Giants fan. Added to the OP.

Edited by Lord Raven

Hey, what about the Steelers who beat the Cardinals with a QB that barely knew their system as well as a third string QB with little experience? And the Steelers who crushed that amazing Denver defense? lol

But I'll be honest, this Steelers team is still having consistency issues to really comfortably say their chances, though maybe not as badly as last season. You never know if the bumbling version of them will show up instead of the dangerous one. Sigh...

Edited by Anacybele

also the Steelers team that got swept by my pathetic ass Ravens team, the latter of which to our entire third string offense

and split the bengals

and lost to the Patriots and Chiefs

i think if the Cardinals met the Panthers or Cardinals in the Super Bowl by some miracle then they'll be pummeled, since Ben is like #2 or #3 in the league in interceptions despite missing 4 games and anyone past the McCarron Bengals will take full advantage of any turnovers made by them

WRT the Chiefs, they absolutely got hot at the right time and deserve that playoff spot. They got hot just as they started to play all the contenders (Denver/Houston/Buffalo) and beat all three of them in unconventional ways (we were two blown challenges away from winning that game). It's the same way how Chip Kelly ruined the team that Andy Reid built: it's Andy Reid. He stinks in the post-season but making it there is no problem.

also the Steelers team that got swept by my pathetic ass Ravens team, the latter of which to our entire third string offense

and split the bengals

and lost to the Patriots and Chiefs

Yeah, and that stuff right there is why I mentioned the consistency issues. Especially the second Ravens game, that had to be the biggest BS I ever saw in a Steelers game. Although, to be fair, Ben was absent in the Chiefs game and we lacked a good kicker in the Patriots game. Not the primary reasons we lost, but still reasons.

So, I've put on my Steelers gear already for today, because my stepdad wants to go to Walmart, probably to get game snacks. Even though I'm wearing my AB jersey for now, I need to get a Luke Kuechly jersey too! I already have a Cam Newton one. And they're pretty much my absolute favorite players in the league. In fact, I can probably divide players I like into three tiers of how much I like them. :P

Absolute Favorite Tier

Antonio Brown

Luke Kuechly

Cam Newton

I Still Love Watching These Guys Tier

Le'Veon Bell

DeAngelo Williams

Josh Norman

Big Ben

Jonathan Stewart

Greg Olsen

Heath Miller

Cam Heyward

I Still Have Respect For These Guys Tier

Joe Flacco

Peyton Manning

Aaron Rodgers

Devon Still

Martavis Bryant

Markus Wheaton

Alejandro Villanueva (lots of respect to this dude, actually!)

William Gay

Maurkice Pouncey

Eric Berry (yes, even though he's a Chief. Just because I hate a team doesn't mean I can't ever like any players that are on it. :P)

Bonus: Players No Longer Playing That I Respect Tier

Jerome Bettis

Troy Polamalu

Ike Taylor

Ed Reed

Listed in no particular order in each tier, btw. And how 'bout that, I listed two Ravens. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Chiefs are looking pretty impressive tonight, although a lot of it could be attributed to the Texans offense and special teams being incompetent. Maclin might be out for next round though.

Hoyer is close to going full Delhomme tonight.

I fully expected the Chiefs to win this game, but christ I didn't expect a slaughter to this magnitude. Texans look like a high school team playing against professionals.

Yeah, I blame this on special teams and Hoyer lol. They made the Chiefs look better than they really are. :P I mean, FIVE turnovers, all on Hoyer, just lolwow.

But it's almost time for the chippy Steelers and Bengals matchup! And let's hope Ben giving Bryant a talking to helps things. We need our receivers badly today because it's hard to trust Toussaint and Todman to fill in for De-Lo at RB. I know they're capable of pulling it out too, they've shown how super dangerous they can be. Although another thing, Ben can't be pulling any bullcrap (like boneheaded picks). The Ben Steeler Nation knows and loves needs to show up today. And the Bengals haven't beat us on their own turf in a couple years now, LET'S KEEP IT GOING, STEELERS!!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got a Luke Kuechly jersey now. Courtesy of Walmart. :D

EDIT2: Holy crap, if that William Gay return TD stands... lol (Steelers will have it anyway if not, they're trying to figure out if Thomas was down before he lost it after recovering McCarron's fumble. Gay picked it up and ran it to the endzone.)

Edited by Anacybele