Custom movesets: share them here!

Roflolxp54

So since DK's giant punch got nerfed to hell and back, what do you use as Dk's standard now?

I mix between his standard punch (even though it's far slower and weaker than brawl, with weaker range) and his lightning punch just because it takes very little time to charge up, even if it is only about half as strong as his standard punch

I actually like his Wind Punch, the few times I mess with him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like his Wind Punch, the few times I mess with him.

I tried that a bit, but I tend to try and use his punch for K.O. situations, so the cyclone didn't really match my playstyle

I tried that a bit, but I tend to try and use his punch for K.O. situations, so the cyclone didn't really match my playstyle

It makes sense, when you go to punch you wanna KO them. Plus if you want a Airbending DK you can always go for his cyclone Up B which is ridiculously good.

I haven't messed with customs much, but I generally go with:

Ike

2 Tempest or 3 Furious Eruption

2 Close Combat

1 Aether

1 Counter

I'm told that a lot of pros like Paralyzing Counter, but to do as much or more damage than standard counter I've found it requires really solid knowledge of how much time you have to attack based on your opponent's %. Every time I try, I flub the punish. I also know some folks like Aether Drive a lot, but I always end up getting caught under the stage and dying, or dying due to facing the wrong direction when I could get on the platform with Aether 1. Not a huge problem, but it would definitely take some adjusting. You also lose dthrow->upb at low %, which is a pretty powerful combo on larger heavies with Aether 1. Close Combat is amazing, but I feel like Unyielding Blade might also have some applications for avoiding projectile gimping, when combined with Aether Drive. Haven't been able to play enough with customs to really get a feel for it, though. The reduced range really hurts.

I haven't messed with customs much, but I generally go with:

Ike

2 Tempest or 3 Furious Eruption

2 Close Combat

1 Aether

1 Counter

I'm told that a lot of pros like Paralyzing Counter, but to do as much or more damage than standard counter I've found it requires really solid knowledge of how much time you have to attack based on your opponent's %. Every time I try, I flub the punish. I also know some folks like Aether Drive a lot, but I always end up getting caught under the stage and dying, or dying due to facing the wrong direction when I could get on the platform with Aether 1. Not a huge problem, but it would definitely take some adjusting. You also lose dthrow->upb at low %, which is a pretty powerful combo on larger heavies with Aether 1. Close Combat is amazing, but I feel like Unyielding Blade might also have some applications for avoiding projectile gimping, when combined with Aether Drive. Haven't been able to play enough with customs to really get a feel for it, though. The reduced range really hurts.

Paralyzing counter does take quite some time to adjust to. I tend to try tilting or dsmashing as a follow up to it.

I agree with you on Aether Drive.