English Subtitle

TheCaptain

^ it is kinda inconvenient to talk about if if will have a different subtitle outside japan, but you can just say FEif so i don't see the problem, only half serious i wonder if its because it is superfluous to have an cool acronym for FEif.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE: if is good. Keep it.

Dunno why peeps are saying it sounds awkward.

I dunno why peeps can't accept that some of us think it's awkward and wish for it to be changed. We think it's awkward to go around saying FE If, that's that.

<---The unfunny weeaboo joke

Your head

Please stop taking things like that seriously. It makes you look silly.

I saw no indication that you were joking. Why not make the joke clearer next time? Also, not everyone is good at picking up a joke.

Edited by Anacybele

I saw no indication that you were joking. Why not make the joke clearer next time? Also, not everyone is good at picking up a joke.

The guy who likes JP FE 'insisting' that the english game uses japanese names is a pretty obvious joke...

Edited by L95

I dunno why peeps can't accept that some of us think it's awkward and wish for it to be changed. We think it's awkward to go around saying FE If, that's that.

And some peeps think it would be nice to hear some reasoning why some other peeps think it is awkward besides, "well i think it is awkward so it is" Edited by goodperson707

They'll probably just call it Fire Emblem: Hoshido and Norh

This is my greatest fear apart from them just calling it Fire Emblem for Nintendo 3DS. I want a cool title to go with the rest of the games. ;/

This is my greatest fear apart from them just calling it Fire Emblem for Nintendo 3DS. I want a cool title to go with the rest of the games. ;/

lolwut, "FE for Nintendo 3DS" makes NO sense when we already have a released 3DS FE...

Although I am used to it now, when I first heard people calling it FE:If, I thought it must be an acronym or something. It just didn't come naturally right away, as will likely be the case with many English players.

I have a (not serious) idea: Fire Emblem: Black version and Fire Emblem: White Version.

Alternatively, Fire Emblem: Path of Nohr/Hoshido.

Fire Emblem: Imouto Dilemma

Fire Emblem: Zekrom and Reshiram

Fire Emblem:White Piggu vs Glorious Nippon

I laughed too hard at the last one.

Well, it's true to the theme of the game :/

NoA/Europe has significantly changed the subtitle of something like half the FE games released out here, so they're obviously not attached to the idea of keeping them. That combined with the fact the Fire Emblem If sounds, to me at least, a bit odd (Engrishy, you might say) makes me kinda think they'll change it, but I won't be stunned if they don't, since the name could potentially be a rather fitting one depending on exactly what the story ends up looking like.