Questions about the timelapse between FE3 and FE13

I've been playing this game for a while, and I thought: What exactly happened between the time Marth defeated Medeus for the second time and the two thousand years before Awakening starts?

I got little to no information from the game. All I got is that 1000 years after Marth, there was a dragon, and he was a dick.

How did the Falchion, the prized weapon of Altea, an Island nation in the southwest, become a prized weapon to Ylisse, a Theocratic kingdom in the southeast?
Is Plegia built on the ruins of Khadein?

There is little to no information that I can find. It just feels rushed to me.

Is there any kind of developer notes about what went on historically between Marth and Chrom?

Marth became king of Archanea after Hardin died and Nyna stepped down as Empress, so it's only natural that the Falchion would be moved to the southeast of Archanea.

Marth became king of Archanea after Hardin died and Nyna stepped down as Empress, so it's only natural that the Falchion would be moved to the southeast of Archanea.

This.

I'm not an expert on the lore, but I think history was mostly boring for 2000 years. The problem with Awakening is that IS thought it might be the last Fire Emblem game, so they crammed references to past entries (Owain......) in without really thinking. Ylisse (the continent) doesn't even look the same as Archanea. As for Khadein, it's actually in the southwestern part of Regna Ferox, right at the wall on the map.

I'm not an expert on the lore, but I think history was mostly boring for 2000 years. The problem with Awakening is that IS thought it might be the last Fire Emblem game, so they crammed references to past entries (Owain......) in without really thinking. Ylisse (the continent) doesn't even look the same as Archanea. As for Khadein, it's actually in the southwestern part of Regna Ferox, right at the wall on the map.

While that is true, in this specific case about Falchion, there is no lore issue.

There are more plot holes separating FE13's continent from Archanea than there are similarities tying them together. It's so bad that I'm almost skeptical they're the same place.

Yes, a lot of lazyness by Awakening's background. But, basically, FE3 is 2000 years before Awakening. Altea is becomed a shitty desert, incorporated by Plegia. Blue hair pretty-boys got the sexy part of the continent, wich was the Doluna. The irony.

What I want to know is: 2000 years pass from FE3 and we're still in the medieval era?

No, we went from an Ancient Rome setting to an Victorian era setting. 2000 years sounds about right for that, although the setting is definitely missing a lot of revolutionary inventions like firearms.

Edited by BrightBow