What will be the "Fire Emblem" in FE14?

Kyea

FE6: Guinevere stole it to give to Roy, to keep it away from Zephiel, as it can break the seal on the Binding Blade (I also made the assumption it's what released Idoun, but I am less sure on this)

How I forgot this just shows how long its been since I actually read FE6's story. Whoops.

Yeah, every FE has had an FE.FE1: The Shield of SealsFE2: There isn't one on Valentia, but the same universe as FE1FE3: Shield of Seals againFE4: The house crest of Velthomer, not important, but it's thereFE5: See FE4FE6: Guinevere stole it to give to Roy, to keep it away from Zephiel, as it can break the seal on the Binding Blade (I also made the assumption it's what released Idoun, but I am less sure on this)FE7: The FE is a coronation thingy, same one as in 6FE8: Grado's Sacred Stone is called the FEFE9: Lehran's Medallion is the FEFE10: See FE9FE11: See FE1FE12: See FE3FE13: The Shield of Seals again, though it no longer goes by that name

The only thing i find weird is that some posters earlier in the thread mention aqua being a good keeper for the fire emblem as she seems to have water powers, but i don't see anything on that list with fire besides the magic "Flames" on the medallion in fe 9 and 10 and sorta Fe 6 as the thing it unlocks had fire power, and even less so the fire emblem from FE 4 belonging to the house with the holy fire tome.

Not sure about the shield of seals, but Grado's Sacred stone was called the FE because it would occasionally emit ghostly flames, at least IIRC.

I think it was simply an "Emblem" with some neato abilities. It is quite interesting how the Emblem hasn't had any association with Fire for the most part.

I think it was simply an "Emblem" with some neato abilities. It is quite interesting how the Emblem hasn't had any association with Fire for the most part.

Yes. As you know, the Stone of Grado is possessed of…unique powers. It was once used to seal away the Demon King, and it alone held the dark one’s soul. It burned within with the Demon King’s rage, and we called it the Fire Emblem. Prince Lyon and a team of mages skilled in ancient lore hoped to harness its energies. I remember the joy in Prince Lyon’s eyes when he spoke of using it to save lives.

I think I just over-interpeted this line.

Edited by L95

I think I just over-interpeted this line.

Tbh the name makes the most sense in Sacred Stones.

Knolls line and the fact the stones are "emblems" of the various nations power.

okay but still no actual flames involved, on the title I guess manakete doesn't have a good ring to it, and there are too many games with dragons in the title, cause really sure theres always a Fire emblem but never actually having much to do with you know... Actual Fire. But its still a cool title so not many complaints from me there. Though what is it in Japanese? emblem of flames/fire right?

Still it would be nice to have a fire emblem with more than a loose connection to fire (FEs4-7) or random spectral flames (FEs8-10) or a shield? (FEs1,3,11-13)

Actually those numbers are kinda interesting we had two Fire emblems in a row that had a loose connection with flames (velthomor crest, elibian fire emblem) and two more in a row with spectral flames (stone of Grado, Lethran's medallion) plus the shield of seals but they were remakes and one sequel past FE4. So by those numbers we should have a different type of fire emblem this time though I'm not that hopeful on actual flames.

Or my numbers mean nothing and i should get some sleep.

You decide!

FE if coming to stores in NA and EU hopefully pretty soonish.

(Yeah it might be the sleep thingy)

Edit woops no ghostly flames, hmm it sounded right to me. Well the sleep thing seemed to have won.

Edited by goodperson707

Could be confusing to newcomers if the medallion is the fire emblem and the themes of water continue around Aqua.

It and Aqua's song must have a connection to Kamuis transformation, is she wearing it in the drowning scene?

Could be confusing to newcomers if the medallion is the fire emblem and the themes of water continue around Aqua.

It and Aqua's song must have a connection to Kamuis transformation, is she wearing it in the drowning scene?

And it was recently confirmed "Aqua has the power to heal with her songs"

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53607

I agree with it having something to do with Aqua... if it even exists. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but not every Fire Emblem game has had something named after the titular artifact in it, right?

EDIT: Beaten to the last bit.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

I agree with it having something to do with Aqua... if it even exists. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but not every Fire Emblem game has had something named after the titular artifact in it, right?

EDIT: Beaten to the last bit.

Every Fire Emblem has had a Fire Emblem in some way, and in varying levels of importance.

Yeah, every FE has had an FE.

FE1: The Shield of Seals

FE2: There isn't one on Valentia, but the same universe as FE1

FE3: Shield of Seals again

FE4: The house crest of Velthomer, not important, but it's there

FE5: See FE4

FE6: Guinevere stole it to give to Roy, to keep it away from Zephiel, as it can break the seal on the Binding Blade (I also made the assumption it's what released Idoun, but I am less sure on this)

FE7: The FE is a coronation thingy, same one as in 6

FE8: Grado's Sacred Stone is called the FE

FE9: Lehran's Medallion is the FE

FE10: See FE9

FE11: See FE1

FE12: See FE3

FE13: The Shield of Seals again, though it no longer goes by that name

I'm kind of surprised no one's mentioned the "Bocca della Verita" golem as a possibility. Then again, the golem might just be a random Nosferatu...

I'm kind of surprised no one's mentioned the "Bocca della Verita" golem as a possibility. Then again, the golem might just be a random Nosferatu...

Since the Fire Emblem tends to manifest itself as a small stone or set of stones, I doubt it's a monster this time.

At risk of derailing this thread, have we actually seen or heard anything about that golem since the cameo in the January direct?

Edited by Aurath8

I've heard, I could be wrong, but I've heard the Fire Emblem in 7 and 6 IS the Binding Blade itself; specifically the red circular gem in the center of it's hilt. Like the gemstones of the 1/3/11/12/13 Fire Emblem. And to unseal it, you must physically insert the gem back into the hilt.

On the main subject, it would be cool for the Fire Emblem to be a person, either MU14 or Aqua (I FIRMLY REFUSE TO USE DEFAULT NAMES FOR AVATARS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE), or a Dragonstone for MU. After all, the Binding Shield AND the Binding Blade both had strong ties to dragons before, so it's phesable they could return to that concept with Dragons finally back in the limelight after being sidelined since 7 (sans the remakes, 11 and 12).

post-6923-0-80276100-1431490653_thumb.png

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

Now that we know all the royals have dragon blood but can't shapeshift like Kamui, I'm wondering if "Fire Emblem" isn't maybe the term used for a person that has dragon blood who can also transform into a dragon.

New theory: Kamui's promoted class = Fire Emblem :>