Famitsu 14th May Digital Issue Out Now

Ryo

Even if they don't, there's always pride of accomplishment.

And if there is a streetpass feature like in Awakening people will presumably see that you were on [difficulty]/Classic, just like they would also see if you were on [difficulty]/Casual or [difficulty]/Phoenix, where [difficulty] is used as a placeholder for the name of the particular difficulty level you were on.

i.e. bragging rights

... but you can switch at the last moment to make that information into something else, potentially.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears, on the last page, that your enemy siblings can use 'Dragon's Vein' as well, so it might affect the chapters you will face them. Also, Vincent, that one line you were talking about, yes, "During the interview, a conversation did appear about how the abilities of weapons would be different. But, these abilities weren't just limited to their strength, "The probability of receiving a critical hit decreases" and "Powerful, but hard to double attack with" were indicated. What kinds of weapons will show up....?"

EDIT:

Also, since I know some people were asking about it, but on the last page, the bottom blurb reads: "Despite being in the middle of the royal family, the main character has inherited a highly concentrated amount of the dragon blood. Thanks to that blood, he/she is able to use items known as 'dragonstones,' and he/she can then transform into battle using them. But, up to this point in the series, haven't only beings known as 'Mamkutes' been able to use them...?"

EDIT TWO:

And on that last page, there definitely is a discussion about getting rid of weapon usage. The developer seems to want to make a point that 'which' weapon to use for a particular situation will be much more important in this game than it has in games past since each weapon appears to have different abilities and such. Hm. Maybe the player's equipped abilities will depend on the weapon instead of the class?

Edited by Sky Soldier

"Hard to double attack" could mean the threshold is increased or you take a Speed/AS penalty when using that weapon (which would mimic weight but for just that weapon).

Lmao dancers with 1-2 range what is the world coming to?

Calling it. Final fight will have Aqua singing that theme and it buffs everyone up.

The Nohr soldiers still use 弓, but that was a good guess.

Aw I was hoping the guess would end up being true. Hoshidans may very well get magical bows though if Takumi's bow in the trailer is any indication.

It appears, on the last page, that your enemy siblings can use 'Dragon's Vein' as well, so it might affect the chapters you will face them. Also, Vincent, that one line you were talking about, yes, "During the interview, a conversation did appear about how the abilities of weapons would be different. But, these abilities weren't just limited to their strength, "The probability of receiving a critical hit decreases" and "Powerful, but hard to double attack with" were indicated. What kinds of weapons will show up....?"

EDIT TWO:

And on that last page, there definitely is a discussion about getting rid of weapon usage. The developer seems to want to make a point that 'which' weapon to use for a particular situation will be much more important in this game than it has in games past since each weapon appears to have different abilities and such. Hm. Maybe the player's equipped abilities will depend on the weapon instead of the class?

Thanks!

Weapons having skills isn't new, but I have a feeling the "different abilities" is just the stuff mentioned above, eg. the critical reduction and lowered ability to double attack.

"Hard to double attack" could mean the threshold is increased or you take a Speed/AS penalty when using that weapon (which would mimic weight but for just that weapon).

I think it's referring to a potential AS penalty, since we've seen weapons modify stats previously. If the AS threshold was increased, it would affect every weapon in the game, not just specific weapons.

Why would it effect every weapon in the game? It'd be trivial to have a variable that makes doubling requires +7AS instead of +5 or something

Edited by Paperblade

But you can only switch down...

I don't know, when I read "you can go down, but not back up after that", I don't get "you can't go up at all". But that might just be me missing something. I guess if that's the case, this information is still less reliable than in Awakening if it's anything but classic, but for the most part it works.

Edited by Cysx

Why would it effect every weapon in the game? It'd be trivial to have a variable that makes doubling requires +7AS instead of +5 or something

I don't really know much about programming, but I think it would take less effort to program in a reduction in the speed stat on a weapon then it would to program in a variance in the doubling threshold.

I don't know, when I read "you can go down, but not back up after that", I don't get "you can't go up at all". But that might just be me missing something. I guess if that's the case, this information is still less reliable than in Awakening if it's anything but classic, but for the most part it works.

I think I see what you're saying. You read it as, "If you shift down (i.e. from Classic to Casual) you can't later shift back up in the same file" but you believe it may be possible to start in Casual and shift up to Classic partway through the game so long as you never downshifted partway through?

While I suppose they haven't explicitly mentioned that possibility, my reading of it is that there is no shifting up of any kind, only down. If you start in Casual and find it too easy you'd have to start a new file.

Her class is confirmed to be 歌姫, lit. diva/songstress. Her command is also Sing, not Dance.

...I created a singer character as an Awakening OC just last year. Now this happens. Oh lordy lord. XD Although my OC is male, mounted, and uses swords for his weapon.

But Aqua just gets more and more interesting!

Edited by Anacybele

well of course you cant freaking switch to a higher difficulty the main point of classic is for the sense of acomplishment and bragging rights, and what would be the point if someone plays pheonix than beats the game on/swiches when not fighting to classic, what would there streetpass difficulty say, but on the other hand if they go with displaying the lowest used its not fair if someone plays casual/pheonix for one or 2 maps and then plays classic for the rest of it especcialy as they might not tell yoy this if its "free" to switch back. This is the best way i think for it to be fair.

I forgot to make it clear in the translation that they said completing classic gives a sense of accomplishment. Japanese implications in that sentence means you can safely bet that YOU CANNOT under any circumstances switch up to classic from any other setting.

I said the same thing to DeoGame.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It would be easy to just play on Phoenix/Casual the whole game, then move up to Classic before the final battle or something, and get the credit for completing Classic. Seems like a good idea to me.

It would be easy to just play on Phoenix/Casual the whole game, then move up to Classic before the final battle or something, and get the credit for completing Classic. Seems like a good idea to me.

What did I just post?

Huh, I haven't read the whole topic yet, but Kamui is wearing a huge mask thing in the battle screen of scan... 6?

Woah, I just noticed that. I thought it looked weird because he seems to be attacking without a sword or dragonstone but I didn't notice the mask.

Huh, I haven't read the whole topic yet, but Kamui is wearing a huge mask thing in the battle screen of scan... 6?

4c819789ae.jpg

Instead of a mask, I think it's more like he morphed his head to his dragon form and is striking the enemy with his arm that could potentially be in dragon form as well. Funny thing is that the battle preview seems to imply that he has his sword equipped.

This could imply that Kamui is able to partially transform which is pretty interesting.

4c819789ae.jpg

Instead of a mask, I think it's more like he morphed his head to his dragon form and is striking the enemy with his arm that could potentially be in dragon form as well. Funny thing is that the battle preview seems to imply that he has his sword equipped.

This could imply that Kamui is able to partially transform which is pretty interesting.

Now that is pretty awesome.

The fact that the sword is still equipped makes me think that it is also connected to the dragon transformation. Either that or Kamui has some counter ability that attacks with a mid-dragon transformation strike.