Am I the only one?

I dunno, just because she can't follow through with a super utilitarian act like that, that shouldn't count against her as blandness.

I see where you're coming from though. I didn't think her supports were all that good either.

Apparently saving Basilio's life is doing nothing?

She did do an incredibly poor job at preventing his death honestly, so much that it's hard to give her any credit. Not to mention she had no idea his survival would end up being so important.

Edited by Cysx

Well, besides the warning for Basilio's life. Flavia also came with Basilio (I don't think this happened in the original timeline) which boosted Basilio's chance of survival.

It was sheer dumb luck, and bad writing. Seriously, 'playing dead' ?

The kids come from a apocalyptic future to save the past, time travel being already pretty dump, it's even worse when you consider that the only character who think of doing something, ultimately do or achieve nothing.

Apparently save Chrom from an assassin. Doesn't matter at all since said 'Assassin' would have just midly injured him.

Want to save Emmeryn ? Fail plain and simple.

Want to stop Basilio from going to war so he won't get killed ? She let him go and doesn't even think of going with him.

Want to kill Robin to he/she won't become Grima ? She don't do it. No matter what. Even though she could just kill him/her in his/her sleep or something.

Even worse, everyone just ignore her. Our heroes ladies and gentlemen !

The only one who really did anything to 'fight his fate' was Robin... with a gambit pulled right out from his ass that didn't make any kind of sense.

It'd be interesting if the different types of bloodlines caused different pair up effects.

Awesome idea actually. C'mere, give me a hug.

Edited by B.Leu

Apparently saving Basilio's life is doing nothing?

No, it really isn't. Again, that relates directly back to her only character trait of wanting to chance the future. B.Leu already covered the basic points. And even though, granted, she did prevent Basilio from dying, what's the real point? There were many warriors more capable than him, possibly in Ferox, not even to mention Ylisse or Valm, especially the Shepherds. The main reason Basilio came back, as far as I'm concerned, is pure fanservice. Lucina contributed very little depth to the story at all. Arguably her best moment was in Chapter 6, before she even joined you.

It was sheer dumb luck, and bad writing. Seriously, 'playing dead' ?

The kids come from a apocalyptic future to save the past, time travel being already pretty dump, it's even worse when you consider that the only character who think of doing something, ultimately do or achieve nothing.

Apparently save Chrom from an assassin. Doesn't matter at all since said 'Assassin' would have just midly injured him.

Want to save Emmeryn ? Fail plain and simple.

Want to stop Basilio from going to war so he won't get killed ? She let him go and doesn't even think of going with him.

Want to kill Robin to he/she won't become Grima ? She don't do it. No matter what. Even though she could just kill him/her in his/her sleep or something.

Even worse, everyone just ignore her. Our heroes ladies and gentlemen !

The only one who really did anything to 'fight his fate' was Robin... with a gambit pulled right out from his ass that didn't make any kind of sense.

I think that's being slightly unfair to Lucina. No she didn't completely save the world. If she did then we wouldn't have that much of a game to play, and probably receive more criticism than Robin for solving every problem because she's from the ~future~.

The assassin would've have injured Chrom. We don't know how much but that injury could have rendered him unable to fight during that evening. She also gave an early warning to protect Emmeryn and helped prevent her assassination that night. Emmeryn did eventually (well more or less), but it wasn't plain and simple.

Because she quite publicly sacrificed herself to keep possession of the Fire Emblem with Ylisse, much of the Plegian army deserted. The War with Plegia was over in a matter of days after her death. Its implied that had she been assassinated in Ch6 that the war would've continued to last for several years. Also remember that her actions during Ch4 ensured that Ylisse would get Feroxi support, further shortening the war.

At this point the course of history has changed so much that Lucina shouldn't have such detailed knowledge of the course of events so she might as well be winging it. Kinda explains why she didn't do much during Valm arc. Still, her warning to Basilio just about kept him alive in the end.

As for not killing Robin, that is hard to justify, but she has to be 100% sure that killing the army's tactician and Chrom's friend is the only way to prevent Grima returning. In hindsight, killing Robin was actually the wrong thing to do, as EvilFuture!Robin became Grima anyway.

Lucina doesn't act or decide perfectly, but the situation that they had at the end of the game is still far, far better than the situation in Future Past. They ended up with a way to seal Grima or even kill Grima for good, many fewer casualties and 13 children who are no longer forced to try and do the job instead. From that standpoint, giving Awakening's first generation a fighting chance against Grima should be enough to consider Lucina's actions as somewhat successful.