21st May Magazine Leaks/Previews

Lushiris

Interesting... He has 3 skills too, so it's unlikely the Dragonstone rank is added later, considering he had 2 skills at that point.

I believe he had three in both cases actually. Plus he has less HP on the dragonstoneless(I like this one) one, so it could be a story event...?

Edit:

Yar, me too. Makes sense since the weapon triangle implied all magic is grouped together XD

Well it does mean dark knights probably no longer have access to swords.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting... He has 3 skills too, so it's unlikely the Dragonstone rank is added later, considering he had 2 skills at that point.

Perhaps he gets the dragonstone rank after a class change/upgrade?

*ninja'd

Edited by Duke

Honestly after Awakening, stuff like enemy pair-ups and Steel Swords debuffs please me. Also there is a step-up from debuffs to ambush reinforcements. The latter is a cruel and unfair, but Steel Swords sound suitably balanced. Bear in mind that the enemy may use them as well.

Only if you're wielding a Steel Sword. It's essentially weapon weight without actually being weapon weight. It looks like they're trying to balance the stronger weapons around things that aren't just weapon level (that's how I interpret it at least).

Like in Awakening, once you got to up to the higher weapon levels there was no incentive to use weaker weapons outside of higher durability/lower cost. Since durability is no longer a factor they're trying to make a new kind of risk/reward for using stronger weapons. So that steel sword, for instance, is a stronger weapon so you'll do more damage per hit, but you have to balance that around its drawbacks. Does that make sense?

Oh, so that's only for the steel sword; not in general "Enemies can double if they're +2, but you need +8"? Okay. Misunderstood things.

Also reclassing confirmed? Kamui only has one weapon rank.

Maybe he gets dragonstones only after a certain plot event?

Edited by Leon of Nohr

A part of me hazards to say they won't, granted, with the nerfs, it could happen. TBH, I thought Brave's were a goner but look what happened.

They may return but with their own debuffs.

They could go the inverse way of Bronze Weapons and weakens Crit Evade, for example.

That would be an interresting trade off.

Maybe he gets dragonstones only after a certain plot event?

Or maybe the Kamui loses his dragonstone during the game. It's very possible that this dragonstone is the only thing in the world that allows Kamui to transform. Thanks to infinite weapon durability they can make this even more plot significant.

Or maybe the Kamui loses his dragonstone during the game. It's very possible that this dragonstone is the only thing in the world that allows Kamui to transform. Thanks to infinite weapon durability they can make this even more plot significant.

As much as I love durability, and I'm glad to see it return for staves, I never fully understood why Dragonstones broke.

As much as I love durability, and I'm glad to see it return for staves, I never fully understood why Dragonstones broke.

I never understood why a miss counted as a use

Can anyone ruin their eyes to figure out what kind of staff is Sakura wielding? The icon looks like Ward or something.

EDIT: Oh, Sakura has the crown symbol too!

Edited by Ryo

That's sort of how I read it. You need to be +8 speed to double the enemy but get doubled at -2.

I think they would just say "lowers speed" in that case. My assumption is you need to be at +8 to double, but being doubled is still at -5.

The new triangle could explain the magic weapons it would be totally unbalanced if just tomes and a few special weapons did magic damage.

The fan could be a magic hidden weapon

Hm, I wonder if Killer weapons return?

I would be very surprised if they didn't. Like FE2 had infinite weapons and that didn't stop them from throwing in some ridiculous weapons.

I think they would just say "lowers speed" in that case. My assumption is you need to be at +8 to double, but being doubled is still at -5.

Yeah that makes more sense. Otherwise I doubt the extra 3-5 might would be worth that kind of risk.

Something is clearly happening on these few Tsubaki shots. I think he/she's dead on the last one.

Edit:

Can anyone ruin their eyes to figure out what kind of staff is Sakura wielding? The icon looks like Ward or something.

I honestly can't see it at all.

Edited by Cysx

Wow, I came to this topic late! I don't know how I feel about the new weapon triangle. Believe me, it was getting stale since it was used for the past ten games, but some of the choices don't make sense. How is magic weak to lances? I guess a lance-wielding soldier can close ground and reach a spell caster faster than a axe-wielding unit. Plus, a lance would have longer reach so the unit wouldn't have to go as close to a mage, but the same could be said for an archer vs. a mage. For me, I think magic sould be weak to bows!

I don't like where this is going...

Edited by Leif

I think he's shot by a bow judging from the background color and green damage number (indicating weapon effectiveness).

Possibly, but demonstrating this through the death of a playable character is unexpected...

Wow, I came to this topic late! I don't know how I feel about the new weapon triangle. Believe me, it was getting stale since it was used for the past like ten games, but some of the choices don't make sense. How is magic weak to lances? I guess a lance-wielding soldier can close ground and reach a spell caster faster than a sword-wielding unit. Plus, a lance would have longer reach so the unit wouldn't have to go as close to a mage, but the same could be said for an archer vs. a mage. For me, I think magic sould be weak to bows!

I thought Bow and Lance would be together (because they're both pointy thing)...

Though what you says explains why Hidden Weapons beat Magic.

And I guess casting a spell takes more time than preparing your bow.

I understand how both works, but I'm not quite sure why they are put together.

However I don't dislike those change because they can lead to new interresting strategies.

Wow, I came to this topic late! I don't know how I feel about the new weapon triangle. Believe me, it was getting stale since it was used for the past ten games, but some of the choices don't make sense. How is magic weak to lances? I guess a lance-wielding soldier can close ground and reach a spell caster faster than a axe-wielding unit. Plus, a lance would have longer reach so the unit wouldn't have to go as close to a mage, but the same could be said for an archer vs. a mage. For me, I think magic sould be weak to bows!

But it's not like the original WT makes much sense either, if you think about it. It was just put up for gameplay purposes. Why must swords in particular strong against axes? Is that how it works in real life?

Glad to know the smexy butler is recruitable on both sides. Not sure how I feel about all of the other changes, though. I'll have to play it to see for myself.

Time, pass faster, I command it.

I thought Bow and Lance would be together (because they're both pointy thing)...

However I don't dislike those change because they can lead to new interesting strategies.

Yes, that's true. It IS nice to see change, because it will make this game a little more memorable in that respect. For me, it's just hard for me to see those advantages working in a "real" scenario (I know this is silly...).

If I designed the game, I would keep the traditional weapon triangle, but add another one where we would have "Magic > Concealed Weapons > Bows > Magic". I guess the designers wanted to have all weapons have advantages/disadvantages.

But it's not like the original WT makes much sense either, if you think about it. It was just put up for gameplay purposes. Why must swords in particular strong against axes? Is that how it works in real life?

True, but Axes could be heavier and a little more unwieldy than swords? (well doesn't make much sense since there are two-handed sword weapons that would be heavier than, let's say a francisca). It could be that swords can block axes better since a sword's blade could fit in the notch under the axe blade and deflect an attack easier??

I totally see how Swords < Lances because of the reach factor, but Axes < Swords is a little bit of a stretch. But, Axes < Swords makes more sense than Magic > Bows haha.

Edited by Leif

However I don't dislike those change because they can lead to new interresting strategies.

I agree, I pretty much saw bows as lighter projectile versions of lances. In Awakening the lances even have identical properties (Mt/hit/crit, even price) to their bow equivalents.