Shovel Knight Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more of an issue of 3 people being completely absent and another three being semi-busy semi-lazy.

I have more thoughts, it just makes negative sense to post them before other people get in here and post, if at all, so I'm just waiting for people to show up.

It feels like the active people are lagging behind because they don't have the drive to reread 20 pages. Sure that was a lot of pages for D1, but a lot of them are full of one-liner posts, and you don't have to reread all of it to reach some conclusions that are worth posting about. Just use ISOs to look for something that feels weird and check the context around it to see if it makes sense or not, otherwise we're not going to get anywhere and the game is just going to keep stagnating hard.

Votals

Polar Knight (2): Mole Knight, Propeller Knight

Tinker Knight (1): Specter Knight

Treasure Knight (1): Plague Knight

Not Voting (3): Polar Knight, Tinker Knight, Treasure Knight

You have 26 hours and 34 minutes left in the phase. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Polar Knight and Tinker Knight have been prodded.

I'll read deadline in a bit and I'm so sorry that this players lot for prodded again. Was still trying to catch up with day 1 and that's why I didn't post anything yet.

A few things to clarify though:

1) What is everyone's cases on Tinker and Treasure Knights and are they affected by King Knight's flip, if any?

2) Thoughts on my playerslot and my predecessor's play so far?

Also, I don't really like how Mole Knight has been playing around at the start of ED2 and how he has to be prodded (hard) to be made to vote.

##Vote: Mole Knight

I don't buy the "first post did not post" thing cause I'd think that any ordinary player would try to make sure their post went through and notice if it didn't.

Rereading deadline also helps a lot, it's 5-6 pages but it's a really fast read compared to the rest of the thread since it's all one liner posts and instant reactions to things happening.

Thanks for the tip, I'll get round to reading phase end (of D1) and probably ISOing the dead players and my predecessor later on.

Votals

Mole Knight (1): Polar Knight

Not Voting (2): Tinker Knight, Treasure Knight

You have 24 hours left in the phase. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Treasure Knight has been prodded, since he should be back by now. (Effectively this just means I modkill him if he doesn't post before phase end.)

Re:Mole

I can't follow his thought process on Black. Here his opinion is "null because I haven't seen enough from the new player". He says he's going to update his read on Black, then decides he doesn't feel like making content. That's not really bad on its own. But then he says he's willing to consolidate on Black, so he must have a reason for that he hasn't shared.

He was more decisive with his vote at phase end, but I don’t take too much out of that. Because he was a leading wagon, he didn’t have to worry about keeping his reads consistent, he could just vote a counter-wagon.

His vote on Polar today is overstating Polar’s activity; it was phase end, and he was more discussing things than producing content/reads. I still prefer this lynch.

##vote: Mole Knight

I'm going to write responses now.

@Specter (also @Propeller if their read is the same)

I wasn’t panicking because Polar becoming unlynchable didn’t force me to change my lynch priority, and I was confident we had the numbers to ensure a consolidation on either Mole and Black.
I asked Mole about NL’ing because I skimmed his post and took “so I’d rather a NL” completely out of context. Once I read properly
The tone change between those two posts was because the first was in reply to Prims' joke posts, the second was in reply to Plague's more serious post.

@Plague

I really don't see why you're annoyed at my posts. You made useless posts much closer to deadline, while your vote was lying idle and you were waffling on Mole and Black. Unlike you, I had made my lynch priorities clear already, so you are the only one guilty of a mediocre performance at deadline.
If you were waiting for my post like you said, how do you explain this? Within the space of one minute, you were hurrying me to post. If I found anything to add to the discussion, I would say it in time.

Anyway, the timing of your vote today is strange. If I'm who you want to lynch, why didn't you vote me in this post? If you were waiting for me to come back or just want to apply pressure, why did you vote before I came back?

##Vote: Polar Knight

I would like this or a Treasure lynch as it stands. My feelings on Polar have not changed & I don't like how he rushed to use his role instead of just claiming it. Tell me "oh but it's better to prove it" all you want, I think that's scummy

Sorry for my lack of presence, I'm sick and have been more or less sleeping all day, I'll elaborate on my Treasure read later, but Specter I agreed with most of your points on him fwiw

Propeller Knight, can I ask what part about my predecessor's rushing to use and prove his role is scummy? What makes you think that he seemed more like scum messing up and not town flailing about with his role? I would think that scum would be more careful with such mistakes and such especially since hypothetically, scum would have a buddy to discuss such matters pertaining to the usage of his role.

I can't explain my predecessor's actions because I'm not him but I'd want everyone to consider the fact that I have now subbed in for the slot and not just vote or lynch me purely based on what my predecessor has done.

Treasure Knight: I seem to feel that your entire reply to Plague Knight seems to be talking about lynch priorities? I don't think having or not having a lynch priority is telling of a player's ability to play or the quality of their reads at all. Having a lynch priority probably only makes a player's thoughts clearer and is one of the many ways for players to express their reads. Read: It is not the only way to do so.

I can't explain my predecessor's actions because I'm not him but I'd want everyone to consider the fact that I have now subbed in for the slot and not just vote or lynch me purely based on what my predecessor has done.

at the time i voted you, you post-sub had no content at the time & i don't like this post bc just because someone's subbed in doesn't clear the slot's slate post-sub and it's antitown to think otherwise. now that you actually have content i can start reading you based on who you are now, so now i have more to base my read on.

your point you bring up is valid but i still see it as scum that rushed to prevent their lynch. did polar even explain WHY they did that? even if it's town trying to prevent a mislynch on them i really wish they explained why they didn't just offer themself as an info lynch... and if black/polar were town/scum wagons it makes more sense to do that, doesn't it?

i know this is really speccy but i just don't like this.

just really wish they would have said ANYTHING about their role ANYTHING AT ALL instead of just using it and then being shady about it. what about this is there not to feel weird about?

blehhh though I don't like mole's disappearance and it feels like their posts started feeling more and more halfhearted before they vanished. PEDIT: fuck I read their iso during deadline and their posts actually feel very town. I have no idea what to do.

mole though if you're here, why would polar's role make most sense as an sk role and not a scum role in a 9-player game???

bLEeeheHEHH though I'm really not feeling Mole anymore, back to reading Treasure I guess. I was feeling Mole for a second and now I'm not.

i really wish they explained why they didn't just offer themself as an info lynch...

actually whoops this was a really shitty point to make, i know this is an antitown move to make in itself

but what i meant to ask was how does it benefit town to use your role in that way if you're the #1 scumread at the time? doesn't it just stagnate the game?

@Polar; have you read the deadline posts? Not being sarcastic or anything, but I don't know what you've taken from them.

Plague's point seems to be I was messing around and screwing over the game. I was not, because I given my thoughts on the wagon and had my vote on a viable wagon. He was also messing around, did not give a clear preference and did not have a vote on a viable wagon, so it is hypocritical of him to claim my contribution at deadline was inadequate.

While you don't need to have a lynch priority, these were Plague's deadline reads. Do you think they are clearly expressed?

I'm not sold on Mole town, I'm just trusting Spectre (I think it was Spectre, it was someone I think is probably not scum) who said they've been scum with him before multiple times and think he's town, and this comment is only purposefully misleading if they're scumbuddies

Black Knight in general is stubborn and I don't like how he approaches the rest of the players. idk mang
Ugh now I'm like "Maybe Mole is scum and I'm just annoyed by Black's attitude"

Sadly, I have not read them yet but I'm getting there soon. Been busy and reading all of that at one go isn't a good idea since it gave me more of a headache than any actual reads.

@Propellor: Fair enough regarding the usage of the role. I do not agree about town giving themselves up for an info lynch though since that still reduces town numbers. Rather, if I were about to be lynched, I would try to push the lynch onto other players instead of letting a non-scum be lynched without doing anything about it.

My predecessor was also busy near phase end yesterday so he probably meant to survive first and explain later perhaps? I admit that his choice of actions were not optimal but I'd fail to see scum intent on it (if I were another player in the game).

Also, I highly doubt an SK exists in this game and I'm also not asking to be given a clean slate. Just that I'd like it if you gave me time to put out content rather than decide to lynch me right away.

Is it possible for me to skip the reading part and output content based on current discussion? I don't think I'll have enough time to finish reading D1 before phase ends.

Votals

Mole Knight (2): Polar Knight, Treasure Knight

Not Voting (1): Tinker Knight

You have 16 hours and 17 minutes left in the phase. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

May (?) need a sub for Propeller Knight but don't think I have any more subs who can play. Not sure where Tinker Knight is either. Augh you people.

Edited by Prims

@Polar; tbh you should do as much as you are able to. People seem to be scumreading you based on your predecessor. I'm not one of them, but you haven't made much of an impression on me.

@Specter; right now it's Mole > Plague > Tinker, but I'm worried that I'm giving the latter a free pass because he hasn't posted this phase.

@Polar If you intended to analyze content from D2 onwards from the beginning and wanted to be judged on your own merits I don't think disappearing for 30+ hours was a step in the right direction.

I'm probably just going to trust my instinct and not support a Mole lynch. If he's scum he's probably scum with Propeller or maybe Plague, which I don't think are very likely scumteams.

At this point we should probably massclaim since a mislynch followed by a Town!Tinker modkill could end the game, and even if Tinker doesn't get modkilled the chance of LyLo coming tomorrow is relatively high. I don't really bank on being alive tomorrow and massclaiming in LyLo is a recipe for disaster anyways.

Massclaim is only as effective as how many people are actually around

My role's pretty useless so I don't mind.

I'm a snoop, I learn what items and other one-shot abilities another player has.

I targeted you N1, because I was curious about your role. But I can confirm you don't any items or shots.