Shovel Knight Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

I didn't really get the impression that he was heavily scumreading Propeller. He criticized how Propeller dropped their read due to meta and other stuff but he also criticized my posts to a similar extent and I wasn't in his to-lynch priorities.

This implies that his priorities about you/Propeller are mixed up more than anything else.

My bad, I thought you were talking about a specific post. When I said Randa wasn't putting money where his mouth was, I meant his posts in general, not just the one about Plague.

Mole is suspicious of you, but doesn't follow through on them for weak reasons. For example, he says you forcing townreads is scummy, but you're null because your playstyle means common scum tells don't matter. He says he doesn't know what Tinker's reads from what he posted, but instead of making a prodvote, or prompting him to talk about certain player(s), or put any pressure on Tinker.

In his defence he repeatedly states he doesn't find Black's tone scummy. The problem is most of his earlier post was quite critical of Black's tone, he said Black was using defense in indignation which is "usually a scum tell".

He had a number of points in his wallpost that could be used as the basis for a scumread, but he tempered them all into nullreads.

I don't agree with their Polar reads, but I can follow Plague's other reads, and Propeller's being proactive makes me feel they're trustworthy. I'm reading their reaction to Polar's post as genuine town uneasiness rather than scum trying to smear him.

Do you mean post-sub Black? Their post is very comment-heavy, but I don't think it's alignment-indicative. The Plague vote is actually pretty bad, Plague hasn't talked about Black/Propeller apart from responding to others bringing it up, and the way they phrased the point about Plague not voting Polar seems noncommittal. There's only one post, but they're my second strongest read by default.

In regards to Tinker, my thoughts were he might not have had much time, and so decided to update his scum read rather than put out half-baked thoughts on other people for the sake of it. That said, I want him to respond to me because I can't tell if he's scumreading me, or just my ancestor.

Mole > Black > Tinker

Green text- Fair enough. My reading in between the lines skills aren't what they used to be.

Blue text- Oh...that makes sense. I thought ignoring the thought process for the conclusion was kind of dumb, but I can see what you mean about him forcing them all into nullreads (which to be fair, could come from overly cautious town but the rest of his post didn't really give me that impression) in the end. Still, at that point in time there wasn't much content to go off of, so him having a bunch of null reads doesn't really bother me? What do you make of his most recent post (especially his list post)? I've seen him list post as scum, and it seems more...what's the word, authentic? Like w/actual reads and not just fluff.

Red text- Only scum posts in red, now I've got you Okay, that pretty much explains away all of my issues with you...it's kind of demotivating to find out that your scumreads are actually probably not scum, but I guess it's better to do it before flips.

Annoyed that Black Knight ignored me but uh...if I'm right about their identity, I'm pretty sure this is something that they do more as town than scum. Sigh. Would like some sort of response even if I'm dropping them down on the priority list for now. Actually did bring up a good point on Mole contradicting himself, so uh I guess we agree on something lol.

Tinker Knight > Polar Knight > Mole Knight >= Black Knight > Treasure Knight > Specter Knight > Propeller Knight > Plague Knight > King Knight

##Unvote

##Vote: Tinker Knight

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Un-Un-Unofficial Votals

Mole Knight (2) - Plague Knight, Treasure Knight

Plague Knight (1) - Black Knight

Treasure Knight (1) - Tinker Knight

Propeller Knight (1) - Polar Knight

Polar Knight (1) - Propeller Knight

Tinker Knight (3) - Specter Knight, Mole Knight, King Knight

Not Voting (0): None!

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Off for today probably.

Also it'd be cool if Tinker/Polar Knights could both get pinged seeing as it's been more than 24 hours since Polar Knight has posted and rounding up to that number for Tinker Knight. I'm kind of annoyed that my primary scumreads are a sheep and a bad gut feeling based on one post, but in my defense it's hard to get much more than that when both of the players have barely posted and everyone else is townier.

for what it's worth, Polar Knight has hit the prod timer - I don't intend on prodding him because the player contacted me pre-game and said they would be busy today and tomorrow (as well as next Monday). Consider him effectively V/LA.

E: Sent the player a PM anyway, but I don't intend on modkilling the slot on D1 due to the circumstances.

Edited by Prims

Sorry guys, it's that awesome time of the month where we're sent to the arena to fend ourselves against the Six Darklords of University without a pause to heal. Feels like a boss rush!

ff6 boss theme XD

I swear I didn't see this subtitle when I looked for the video.

@Propeller

The vote thing wasn't all that Black Knight addressed you with. He also brought up other content that you missed. And you did not address his point against you, that is, that your slips either indicate you're going for an easy target or that you weren't paying attention. Your responses to him seem more like counterattacks than defenses. That's the issue.

I define consistency as "Polar Knight eats onions, everyone who eats onions is scum, so Polar Knight is scum". It may be dumb, but at least there is a sense that links me to being scum. An inconsistent read would be "Polar Knight eats onions, everyone who eats onions is scum, but then again maybe Polar Knight is just someone who likes onions and eats them, so Polar Knight may be scum or not, idk". The latter is how Mole Knight's reads are written and, surprise, he has the same read about three players (well, except one which he has a very slight scumread on, but that's it).

Also, I don't really need to cite specific examples sometimes. Some things I addressed should be easily remembered by those who participated in the discussion earlier. I've linked what I thought I needed to link for clarity's sake.

And why do you say "I need to see more of King's content before I can judge him" but put him down as town instead of null? How is that consistent?

Remember the part where I said "Post Scriptum (which means I wrote it after writing my post and reading): King seems better, leaning slightly town on him now"?

I have a bad gut feeling on Polar Knight, not sure why. Maybe it's just because I don't really agree with any of their scum reads.

Care to explain where my reads are wrong? I mean, it's a Mafia game, why are you avoiding a rebuttal against my reads?

Polar did say he didn't bother to read from page 4. Do you think he's deliberately avoiding talking about the recent posts?

No, it is just the Six Darklords of University plotting against me. For real.

I'll write a separate post about my reads that are up to date with the game so it doesn't become a cluster. Hold on.

You said you thought they were just busy, I figured it might be because some of the signups were tentative (read: people who might not have a lot of time for the game) and Tinker could've been one of them. That's cleared up now.

I did?

where did i "slip" i don't understand

and i would have addressed more stuff but we kinda got in a fight so that didn't really happen.

and... what's wrong with counterattacks over defenses? why do I have to defend myself against someone who I think is scum? it would have been different if I thought they were town at the time. I think you're grasping.

and what do you think about mole's recent content, then? I know you said you're working on a post but I want this addressed.

yeah still keeping my vote here, gonna read plague and treasure first before isoíng everyone else

Ok, let's go.

Although the Black Knight slot changed, I still find it town. The new player who seems very familiar to me has posted good insight on other players' actions. Contrary to Specter Knight, I find the criticism positive as long as it doesn't sum to mere complainings.

King's Knight seems to be town with effort, although his posts are a pain to read because ugh something is wrong with me why can't I read walls of text.

Can't remember anything very relevant that Propeller did from page 5 to page 10. My read remains the same. Actually, it'd be rather nice if they were to cut with the meta and literature teacher vision of phrases and meanings, and were to play addressing content more objectively. The subjectivity in their reads confuses my radar.

ugh I give up reading today, enough with reading

and i would have addressed more stuff but we kinda got in a fight so that didn't really happen.

and... what's wrong with counterattacks over defenses? why do I have to defend myself against someone who I think is scum? it would have been different if I thought they were town at the time. I think you're grasping.

and what do you think about mole's recent content, then? I know you said you're working on a post but I want this addressed.

yeah still keeping my vote here, gonna read plague and treasure first before isoíng everyone else

Yeah, but you never ever addressed the other stuff that was part of his case. You focused in a single point, argued against it (with an argument I agree with, because I also had misssed BK's vote on KK, tbh), then the rest was a slapfight with BK that warranted a lot of emotional reactions from both parties, but stagnated the discussion as an effect.

The thing about counterattacks is that they don't provide a justification for the arguments made against you. It also allows you to bash at him without addressing the weaknesses he found on your armor.

As for Mole's recent content, fortune prick me, I can't read his posts. Help. I'll sum it up to the reads he pointed on here because it also sums up a lot of things with one liners. We should have a celebration day for posts that have up to four lines paragraphs. Yes I am a hypocrite.

KK: shaky early game logic, transitioned into a very strong game in my opinion, i can see effort in each post, a couple points that i disagree on, buy i will address those later. overall solid townread.

Don't see how effort by itself amounts to towness, but I agree KK seems town since he tries to develop the discussion at hand as much as he can, which is beneficial for the town.

PLK: most of my problems with them come from me not reading things right or from just miscommunication. i feel pretty confident in a townread on this slot. they shown effort.

Same earlier.

TRK: pretty much just see the points about black knight for the original. i don't feel there was a lot of content from them so i don't feel there is any reason that they should affect my current read. so new one, i don't agree with their reads. i know so surprising. but i do see effort and i do see genuine thought into his reads, so im ok with that. null / probably closer to town.

Well, if he disagrees with Treasure Knight's reads, I expect him to address them as soon as he can and try to make a sense of it. Just saying you see something wrong with x and doing nothing about it feels lazy, though I can't tell if lazyscum or lazytown.

Don't like his case on Tinker Knight much because he calls him for not addressing Treasure the 1st when he had the chance, and finding Treasure the 2nd scummy because of the 1st's play. I actually find it legitimate to see a slot as scummy even if the player switches, but I confess I don't remember Tinker's read. The thing with him not addressing Treasure before he subbed may be because of timezones, so I'm not sure this is a point against him. There's something wrong with my brain, ugh.

Overall his reads are pretty simple and so are his points. The person behind the armor is like that, which is not much worse than me actually. My read on Mole Knight ends inconclusively: Not sure whether town or scum.

whatever I'm done addressing Polar bc it doesn't even feel like they're reading. sorry not sorry but if you're going to wave off everything I've said as "literature teacher phrases and meanings" (what does this even mean), you're only doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of--casing someone "without reading." if you could provide examples of what you're having problems understanding I can tone it down, but this is kinda just how I talk and I have no idea what it is you're addressing or how I can change it. I think youre scum and that still hasn't changed lol so I'm just gonna focus on other people now. give me a sec I'm looking through the isos again

Polar, link or cite quotes of what you mean by Propeller being subjective. I don't like this case, but I find your defense assertive without being defensive, and your other reads reasonable so my opinion hasn't changed.

Reading now.

You guys post too fast.

Yeah so in a nutshell.

I don't find Plague scummy for avoiding the slapfight between me and BK earlygame. I saw it as someone just waiting for the tension to cool down to avoid potentially making it worse. In fact I find it better that they said something about it instead of ignoring it completely--I know they didn't provide any reason for avoiding it at first but at least mentioned they wouldn't touch it "right now," implying they would later when we calmed down. This was right after BK posted the frustrated post addressed to me, so I don't really find issues with this.

I'm actually kinda stuck on Plague. I was going to say "I feel they've been less of a presence/bordering on active lurking" but they addressed it here

You might have this feeling because it's sorta true? It's more that I'm doing other things rather than just devoting all my time to mafia, so usually I read things and don't post since I don't wanna spam one liners. If you think you've figured out who I am and are trying to meta me that's gonna be a bad time, though. People are surprisingly bad at that.

and it's kinda the same thing I've been doing. I even addressed the same thing earlier about being unable to post a lot of content because I was still recuperating irl and my motivation was really shit, but I didn't want to just ignore the game completely so I've been reading and responding wherever I can.

I also usually like what they have to say, including about Polar even though Polar at the time hadn't read through page 4 yet (which I overlooked, whoops sorry). I also disagree with this:

Mole, the logic is this. Scum don't want to make townies look town, especially over minor things ED1 like townslips, so why would King point that out as scum? As far as I'm concerned, it would be to make a scumbuddy look good. The only reason a scum would want to remove a townread from themselves is to distance themselves from a scumbuddy/look even townier as part of some gambit. The thing is I think all these scenarios are very contrived. I also think Tinker and King have individually been fairly townie?

I know someone talked about this before, but this is actually a dangerous way of thinking. Scum will do a lot of things to look town. If scum played only to buddy up with their scumbuddies & try to make town look like scum, they're gonna get smoked out pretty fast. I know the last line is meant to discredit this but this was still used to explain an associative town/town read which I am a little iffy about. I also think they should elaborate on their last sentence (clarify why they think Tinker and King are both town individually, then).

Blehhhh still though, why would scum say stuff like this?? I don't know why but I just don't see it. I don't think I'm interested in a Plague lynch but maybe I should reread the cases on them since I haven't done that yet fwiw.

more coming in a sec, but tl;dr my reads suck and I didn't realize there are only 9 people in this game, for some reason I thought there were 11. so great at numbers right guys

@Specter; I said I thought Tinker was busy, did you mix up me and Plague?

If you're still puzzled, it's because Tinker's tunneling me doesn't feel like a mislynch push, and his activity is similar to Polar who is being affected by RL concerns. But he's on my priority list because I don't have a townread on him.

@Black; you didn't really answer my question as to what you think Plague should have been talking about. I do agree with your point on Mole, but does it affect your Plague read?

@Mole; the fact you're still talking about mostly null/townreads is not helping your case. Your Tinker case isn't the worst, even if it's mostly borrowed. Tinker needs to explain why at the time of this post he felt his vote was best left on Mole for RVS.

@Plague; why don't you like my other reads?

sorry I'm starting to feel weird again and I need to go calm down, will address the other stuff I was going to address in a sec

but rereading BK is making me doubt my read on them again, will explain this when I get back

also mole, in your reads post, do you think you could not use abbreviations for everyones' names next time? sorry but that got kinda confusing, I can't tell who PL and PR are (I'm assuming Plague and Propeller, respectively?)